Nicodema

Seeks Him by Night
Jan 7, 2009
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A word about the OP: It's such a shame these brethren have taken to criticizing those whom they should recognize as allies. I've been spending the past couple hours poking over materials on that TagNet site and the writings and sermons by Bill Lehman sound so lovely and full of grace and God's compassion. It's saddening to see brother turn on brother over ideas and differences of opinion. Of course for the record Bill Lehman didn't write those things, Steve Wohlberg did, but Bill's site hosted it.

Upvote 0

Cherie7

Jan 11, 2009
✟7,645.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Nicodema, I too showed my husband and we agree with you. your words are so true and I believe God inspired. I do understand what Mark said too. That there needs to be some discussion in order to make the truth known sometimes. I have found that even the most Spirit led people can become off track in a moment of self-righteous indignation and turn on their fellow Christians. I never want to do that, but probably have at some point. We must rely on Jesus everyday!

Once, when someone had slandered us to keep us from sharing, I was trying to set the record straight for months and failed miserably. Then one of the sweet "mothers in Israel" called me and said,"I have a text for you-Exodus 14:14, The Lord shall fight for you and you shall hold your peace." (This was said just before God parts the Red sea, swallowing up all the Egyptians.) I made a poster of it and stuck it on the wall and memorized it and determined to not say another word. Within a week, the situation was resolved and we were cleared of the false accusation.

Thanks for the reminder,

Cherie

Upvote 0

MrBadger42

Good News Tour Ambassador
Jan 11, 2009
Portland OR
Visit site
✟15,137.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course! It wasn't an indictment by any means. It just came so clear, and all in a flash, like a panoramic view of decades of this kind of strife and in-fighting that I've seen in the church, and a sudden realization of the real goal behind it ultimately. ...
Guard your heart. The internet can be a hostile, abrasive, unforgiving wasteland at times. :prayer:
OK, my bad. I read too fast and in the wrong context. Stacie straightened me out! ;)

Mark

Upvote 0

NJK Project

Moving On With God (Ezek 11:23)
Jun 26, 2012
Laval, Quebec
Visit site
✟7,615.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
An exegetically-based discussion which I had on another SDA Forum on the Character of God Controversy may be helpful here: For now, (i.e., since I am under to link posting permission for this forum), see the Blog post entitled: “The “Character of God” Controversy” in my profile’s website.

Upvote 0

E.T.Elijah

Brother In Christ
Aug 29, 2011
Bartonville, IL
✟15,311.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is actually www.heavenlysanctuary.com. This is actually a very old thread also lol. Although I had never heard of the site until a few months ago. There are some great articles, yet some of the current threads that were going on over there seemed to turn me off to it a little. Nothing really to pinpoint, but just the general conversations. But it makes a little more sense now that I know the background. I still go over there every now and then look around. They are also associated with www.godscharacter.com.

Upvote 0