Not open for further replies.

theotherguy

Sep 21, 2004
✟8,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'd like everyone to think about this for a moment. What with the very real advantages of one world goverment and the steps being taken to make it happen, can you imagine a future were it isn't acomplished? Barring some sort of fundemental change in phosophy or the callaspe of civilisation (both very remote - unless fossil fuels bite back too hard), I doubt anyone can see a future not under one goverment. How should we, as end time aware Christians deal with this? Should we do our best to stop it from happening (unlikely to work in the long run), or be active in the construction of this new goverment, where we can make it as hard as possible for the antiChrist to take hold? Democrazy could be safegarded by putting an elected body at the top of major international bodies, anti dictoral forces could be assembled. We might well know how the story ends, but who's to say how long the new nations will last before their take over. We are surely responsable today, to make sure that goverments that could last centries have a good guiding ethos. We should certainly be fearful of could happen in a one world goverment, but it is also possible that it will bring regional peace, where all the nations have the power to provide the basics.

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
theotherguy said:
I'd like everyone to think about this for a moment. What with the very real advantages of one world goverment and the steps being taken to make it happen, can you imagine a future were it isn't acomplished? Barring some sort of fundemental change in phosophy or the callaspe of civilisation (both very remote - unless fossil fuels bite back too hard), I doubt anyone can see a future not under one goverment.
Actually, I can’t imagine seeing a future with a one world government. There are simply too many various cultures and too many worldviews to bring 8 billion people under one form of government. The lThere are too many political leaders who would not want to share or consolidate their power or sovereignty.
theotherguy said:
How should we, as end time aware Christians deal with this? Should we do our best to stop it from happening (unlikely to work in the long run), or be active in the construction of this new goverment, where we can make it as hard as possible for the antiChrist to take hold?

A one world government will not happen, so you don’t have to do anything to stop it.
theotherguy said:
Democrazy could be safegarded by putting an elected body at the top of major international bodies, anti dictoral forces could be assembled. We might well know how the story ends, but who's to say how long the new nations will last before their take over. We are surely responsable today, to make sure that goverments that could last centries have a good guiding ethos. We should certainly be fearful of could happen in a one world goverment, but it is also possible that it will bring regional peace, where all the nations have the power to provide the basics.

That kind of government is akin to communism, and it doesn’t work. In order to give “all nations the power to provide the basics” it would require the superpowers of the world to redistribute a great deal of their wealth and resources throughout the planet in order to put everyone on a level playing field, and no great nation has ever been willing to relinquish it’s power. The logistics of governing 8 billion people would be a nightmare beyond description. A one world government simply will not happen.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

Preterists present a false picture that Rome controled the World ..............Sorry Never EVER did they contrl the Whole World. they had Barbarians to the North the Parthians to the East...........were they ever in China or India................Japan......................the rest of Africa..............shine the light and watch the false doctrine disolve

Upvote 0

dankim80

Feb 13, 2005
✟256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is Satan's design to rule over God's people again. This time the gentiles have been grafted in, and we are spreadout all over the world. Also, consider that Satan is trying to imitate what Christ will do. He wants to rule the whole world, the way that Jesus will rule the whole world when he returns.

Looking at past and current events, one can see Satan going forward with this plan even now. As far as the world being too big, consider the example of the United States federal government ruling the U.S., but still having individual state governments under it. The European Union is another example of a government ruling with individual nations under it.

So Satan's first goal is to have a government over the nations. Then when the AC arrives on the scene, the national governments will be dissolved. Only his government will rule.

Satan has many catastrophes planned for the world. Once these horrific events occur, people's minds will change. The solution offered for the world's problems will be "all nations submitting to a world government". Even that will not bring peace to the world. More horrific events will occur which will cause people to look for a savior. then Antichrist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brad_religion

Aug 10, 2004
✟339.00
Faith
Christian
The Coming Global Government has already come! - Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2

Rangers Lead the Way
Aug 20, 2004
Texas
✟3,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
brad_religion said:
The Coming Global Government has already come! - Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Already here, but not yet fully consummated.

I think this idea of a one world gov't, under the ac, is simply the by-product of a faulty interpretive method with regards to apocalyptic literature. This, unfortunately, often spills over into other areas of Scripture as well.

Upvote 0

TrevorL

Aug 20, 2004
Lake Macquarie NSW
✟56,943.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
When Christ returns he will establish a worldwide government, when he sits upon the throne of David for 1000 years.

Isaiah 2:1-4 (KJV): "1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Psalm 72:1,6-8 (KJV): "1 Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king’s son. 6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth. 7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth. 8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth."

Kind regards
Trevor

Upvote 0

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
TrevorL said:
When Christ returns he will establish a worldwide government, when he sits upon the throne of David for 1000 years.

Isaiah 2:1-4 (KJV): "1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Psalm 72:1,6-8 (KJV): "1 Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king’s son. 6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth. 7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth. 8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth."

Kind regards
Trevor
Hmmmm so a chair in Jerusalem is more glorious than the Heavenly Chair He occupies today?

Upvote 0

golddust

Feb 23, 2005
Florida
✟182.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the world as it is today, it would seem unlikely that a one world government could take hold. However, world-wide catastrophe could easily change the atmosphere considerably so that one 'person' would be accepted if that individual seemed to have the answer that the general population would embrace. For those who have seen the Left Behind movies or read the books, the general worldwide chaos that would ensue after the rapture of the church could point people in that direction. Other possibilities world war or world-wide economic collapse (and we know either of these could easily happen in today's climate).

:groupray: Let us pray that before these days come many more will have come to know Jesus as their Savior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
golddust said:
In the world as it is today, it would seem unlikely that a one world government could take hold. However, world-wide catastrophe could easily change the atmosphere considerably so that one 'person' would be accepted if that individual seemed to have the answer that the general population would embrace. For those who have seen the Left Behind movies or read the books, the general worldwide chaos that would ensue after the rapture of the church could point people in that direction. Other possibilities world war or world-wide economic collapse (and we know either of these could easily happen in today's climate).

:groupray: Let us pray that before these days come many more will have come to know Jesus as their Savior.
Well with two 'World Wars' in the last century the net result has been a global move toward selfdetermination and republican governments.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
golddust said:

Agree!:prayer:

I see the global government as an expansion of what is going on today. It is a global market and the markets of Europe and the US and China and Japan, etc, are interrelated. and there is the United Nations and laws athat apply worldwide.... globalism is a economic and political force today.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah...
A union of nation-states that agree to settle their disputes via the "force of law" rather than the "law of force".

Bad idea.

We should definitely discourage any sort of peaceful, lawful resolution to global conflict.

The United states made a big mistake by relying on the force of law over the law of force to settle state vs state disputes in it's inception.

We'd be much better off today if the Oregon national guard could just forcably invade Idaho every time we had a water rights dispute, like the colonies used to battle against one another.

Sheesh.......

Upvote 0

TrevorL

Aug 20, 2004
Lake Macquarie NSW
✟56,943.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Howdy Hitch,

Greetings.
Hitch said:
Hmmmm so a chair in Jerusalem is more glorious than the Heavenly Chair He occupies today?
Matthew 19:28 (KJV): "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."
Revelation 3:21 (KJV): "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

Kind regards
Trevor

Upvote 0

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
TrevorL said:
Howdy Hitch,

Greetings.
Matthew 19:28 (KJV): "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."
Revelation 3:21 (KJV): "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

Kind regards
Trevor
Point?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.