Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The church is full of sinners. Always have been and always will be. It is the sick who need a physician. However your claim that you can't do anything about the sin in your own life is Baloney Slices (BS for short). Whatever made you think that Christianity requires no effort on your part. Salvation is a free gift but living as a Christian is hard work.
God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.

Think about that one a sec. So we live a life of reckless sin. Then one day we become a child of God. Now we have this desire, a deep desire to be righteous.
We also acquire a distaste for sin (normally its the guilt we feel after sin) but we know that if we could push a magic button and the desire to sin would go away forever, most of us would push it.

but...
we find that we still have some part of us that loves sin. We love it right before we do it and we love it as we do it. What a conundrum. Romans 7 in a nutshell.

I have often wondered... if God wants us to be purely righteous and WE want us to be purely righteous, then why would He not literally remove the sin from within us once Jesus resides in us?
Then He would be happy and we would be happy. Problem solved.
But as it stands, we are torn in two. Pulled from both sides.
Why is this?

• Optimistic
Reactions: want-love
Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You need to break the bondage of chains by fasting and praying, try to initiate a day of fasting just once a week, for example, one day without food, but drinks only (coffee, tea, juice etc.), it will very much help your spirit.

The spiritual practitioner of shamanism fast many many days, how could we as christians do not fast ?

In the name of Jesus i set you free from any bondage of sins, Amen.

• Prayers
Reactions: want-love
Upvote 0