The church of God.. the Body of Christ.. the Lamb's wife..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
What YOU call arrogance, God calls the full assurance and full understanding (greek;epignosis) that He gives to ALL who will acknowledge the Revelation of the MYSTERY.

Why should anyone have to apologize for having done what God told them to in 2 Tim 2:15? We are to STUDY...to show ourselves approved unto GOD (not unto YOU! wink), workmen that need NOT to be ashamed (as YOU will be assuredly if you dont "change your mind":eek:) RIGHTLY DIVIDING the Word of Truth. "

Things are settled because we take God at His Word. We aren't ignorant and untaught enough to take Gods Word to another people at another time with another program of worship clearly delineated in His Word, and try to apply it to US, do we??? How arrogant is THAT????

That is what YOU are doing, mister. YOU are telling God that He didn't begin a new program with a new apostle with new information. Should we all be happy that you are calling God a liar and that you then come in here to "parade your superior knowledge and snarly attitude"???

LOL...I think NOT.:yawn: :sleep:

I ask you a question EPH3. Do you think that God the Father is the Lamb?
Why didn't you address this question? Will the answer you would have to give be opposite than what you have been saying?

GLJCA

Upvote 0

biblebeliever123

Nov 9, 2005
✟8,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
GLJCA said:
EPH3 Excuse me but do ya'll have a concordance. If you had you would be able to rightly divide the Word of God better. Israel was the wife of God the Father.
Isa 54:5 For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
The Church will be the wife of Christ.
Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
You see when John used the name "Lamb", he is speaking of Christ, therefore in Revelation when it is talking about the Lamb's Wife it is not talking about the same as the Father's wife. That would be incest. Are you saying that God is incestuous?

It is really easy all you have to do is look up "husband" in the Old Testament. Oh but that is right there is no Old Testament to you, is there?

You have no scripture to stand on all you have is your opinion and compared to the Word of God it doesn't hold a lot of weight. You need to rightly divide the Word instead of trying to make the Word fit Dispensationalism.

How did you do that? ...yawwwwwwwwn!! Yeah that was it.

GLJCA

The Creator...is the Lord Jesus Christ... the great Creator, Saviour, God.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

One God.

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
eph3Nine said:
Yes dear one...but ONE GOD. He doesn't have THREE wives. ONE God , ONE wife...the nation ISRAEL.:sigh:

So did God the Son die on the cross ...or did all three?

if one thinks like you ...warning in 2 tim 2:25-26

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
biblebeliever123 said:
The Creator...is the Lord Jesus Christ... the great Creator, Saviour, God.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

One God.

My question still remains. Do you think that God the Father is the Lamb? I wish ya'll would address the question. Why do you keep dodging it?

GLJCA

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dispy said:
PART 1
You will have a very hard time convincing me that only one type of fruit can come from an olive tree. Especially if the branches from a wild olive tree were grafted in. About 20 years ago I planted an apple tree in my back yard that did bare 5 different kinds of apples. 4 of those branches were "grafted in," however I couldn't tell you which ones they were. I had that tree removed this fall, after at least 20 years of yield. They all got their nurishment from the same roots, not 5 different kinds of roots.

I have a Jewish friend that is a Christian. We are both members of Covenant Israel, the olive tree. We both receive our life from the root. The fruit that comes from each of us doesn't come from us, it comes from the Holy Spirit, who is the root. If you are truly a branch in the olive tree you will produce the fruit that comes from the root. If you don't you will be cut off.

I believe you about your apple tree but we aren't talking about apple trees here. We are talking about the Covenant people of God. We have to go with what the scriptures say not what we see in the world. Jesus said that he was the vine, not Abraham, and we are the branches. The two trees in the New Testament that are likened to Covenant Israel are the vine and the olive tree. Both of them are teaching the same thing concerning the root (vine) and the branches. If we don't produce fruit we will be cut off of the olive tree. What fruit is He talking about us producing? Well since that which can get us cut off is faith I would think that is one of them. Where does faith come from? From Jesus Christ the author and finisher of our faith. Other fruit that we are to produce is found in Gal 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Notice where this fruit comes from? Not us!!!

We have to look to the Word of God for the interpretation of scripture. There is not one scripture that talks about two different kinds fruit on the olive tree. That is a figment of the imagination of Dispensationalism. There is one scripture that talks about us partaking of the root and the fatness of the olive tree. Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Where do we get that fatness, from the root?

GLJCA

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
You dont understand the trinity do you....shakes head.

Why can't you answer my question, EPH3? It is a simple question. You didn't answer my other question either. Are you exempt from answering anyone else's questions?

Here it is again. Why would Jesus say this?
Mar 13:32 But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
According to you the trinity are all the same person. Please explain the trinity to us because this verse contradicts your belief concerning the trinity?

GLJCA

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dispy said:
You will have a very hard time convincing me that only one type of fruit can come from an olive tree. Especially if the branches from a wild olive tree were grafted in. About 20 years ago I planted an apple tree in my back yard that did bare 5 different kinds of apples. 4 of those branches were "grafted in," however I couldn't tell you which ones they were. I had that tree removed this fall, after at least 20 years of yield. They all got their nurishment from the same roots, not 5 different kinds of roots.

GLJCA said:
I have a Jewish friend that is a Christian. We are both members of Covenant Israel, the olive tree. We both receive our life from the root. The fruit that comes from each of us doesn't come from us, it comes from the Holy Spirit, who is the root. If you are truly a branch in the olive tree you will produce the fruit that comes from the root. If you don't you will be cut off.

I am not a beneficiary of the Covenant of Israel, however, I do enjoy the fatness/blessings (salvation/justification) from the root of the Olive tree - Jesus Christ.

Both the brances of the olive tree, and the grafted in branches of a wild olive tree enjoy our fatness/blessings from the same root. From the root Jesus, we both receive our salvation/justification.

GLJCA said:
I believe you about your apple tree but we aren't talking about apple trees here. We are talking about the Covenant people of God. We have to go with what the scriptures say not what we see in the world. Jesus said that he was the vine, not Abraham, and we are the branches. The two trees in the New Testament that are likened to Covenant Israel are the vine and the olive tree. Both of them are teaching the same thing concerning the root (vine) and the branches. If we don't produce fruit we will be cut off of the olive tree. What fruit is He talking about us producing? Well since that which can get us cut off is faith I would think that is one of them. Where does faith come from? From Jesus Christ the author and finisher of our faith. Other fruit that we are to produce is found in Gal 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Notice where this fruit comes from? Not us!!!

You are mixing the fruit of the olive tree with the fruit of the wild olive tree. That is the same thing of mixing the doctrines of the Law, to the nation of Israel, and the doctrine of Grace, to the Body of Christ. Mixing the fruit of the olive tree with the fruit of the wild olive tree is a "fruit salad." Mixing the doctrines of Law and Grace, give you confusion and denominations. It is what I refer to as a "scrambled egg doctrne."

GLJCA said:
We have to look to the Word of God for the interpretation of scripture. There is not one scripture that talks about two different kinds fruit on the olive tree. That is a figment of the imagination of Dispensationalism. There is one scripture that talks about us partaking of the root and the fatness of the olive tree. Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Where do we get that fatness, from the root?

GLJCA

Yes, believing Israel (natural branches), and grafted in branches (unnatural branches/Body of Christ) both receive our fatness (salvation/justification) from the same root (Jesus).

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.