The church of God.. the Body of Christ.. the Lamb's wife..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
Begin with a wrong premise, come to a wrong conclusion...yawwwwwwwwn:yawn: :sleep:

Heres a NEWS flash from Gods own word, GCJCA....I do wish you would READ it.:sigh:

Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, (this is no surprise...God always told them that their kingdom would come from heaven and be ON THE EARTH.)

Revelation 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are
the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
( I dont know how much more clear the scripture can be here ...He is identifying for you the lambs WIFE, his one and ONLY bride right here.):clap:

Revelation 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. (The number twelve seems to keep popping up here...did you notice?? We dont HAVE twelve apostles; ONLY Israel did.)

We have
ONE
apostle, for the ONE NEW MAN, WE the Body of Christ....who by the way are in NO way ever referred to as the BRIDE Of Christ. The BODY OF CHRIST is in the MALE gender in the greek.)

EPH3 Excuse me but do ya'll have a concordance. If you had you would be able to rightly divide the Word of God better. Israel was the wife of God the Father.
Isa 54:5 For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
The Church will be the wife of Christ.
Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
You see when John used the name "Lamb", he is speaking of Christ, therefore in Revelation when it is talking about the Lamb's Wife it is not talking about the same as the Father's wife. That would be incest. Are you saying that God is incestuous?

It is really easy all you have to do is look up "husband" in the Old Testament. Oh but that is right there is no Old Testament to you, is there?

You have no scripture to stand on all you have is your opinion and compared to the Word of God it doesn't hold a lot of weight. You need to rightly divide the Word instead of trying to make the Word fit Dispensationalism.

How did you do that? ...yawwwwwwwwn!! Yeah that was it.

GLJCA

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GLJCA said:
EPH3 Excuse me but do ya'll have a concordance. If you had you would be able to rightly divide the Word of God better. Israel was the wife of God the Father.
Isa 54:5 For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
The Church will be the wife of Christ.
Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
You see when John used the name "Lamb", he is speaking of Christ, therefore in Revelation when it is talking about the Lamb's Wife it is not talking about the same as the Father's wife. That would be incest. Are you saying that God is incestuous?

It is really easy all you have to do is look up "husband" in the Old Testament. Oh but that is right there is no Old Testament to you, is there?

You have no scripture to stand on all you have is your opinion and compared to the Word of God it doesn't hold a lot of weight. You need to rightly divide the Word instead of trying to make the Word fit Dispensationalism.

How did you do that? ...yawwwwwwwwn!! Yeah that was it.

GLJCA

thank you for these verses

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
GLJCA...oh my , now thats one for the books. Since God is ONE, how do you now find a different wife for each part of the Trinity????

You are definitely reaching here, and this is just beyond belief that someone would be so blatantly dishonest with Gods Word.

Your sarcasm and blatant disregard for the real meanings in His Word are shameful. TSK TSK TSK.

Why the hatred for dispensationalism????...God is the One who put it there for OUR full understanding of His word....grk epignosis. You are really pushing the envelope here with two wives for ONE God. Even YOU should be too smart to pull that one...my oh my oh my.

I can now say, I have heard it ALL. Walks away slowly shaking her head...my oh my oh my.

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dispy said:
If I recall correctly, your did respond to that question before, but didn't answer the question, as you have not now either.
Dispy said:

We obtain our salvation/justification from the root. It it were the Christian's life that came from the root, then, it appars to me, that all Christians walk would be alike.

There are not two kinds of fruit. There is only one kind of fruit that comes from an olive tree. To say that two kinds of fruit can come off of a good olive tree is saying that the tree is corrupt.
Luk 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Jesus is telling us here that there can't be two kinds of fruit coming off of the same tree. All Christians have the same root but not all Christians choose to live according to the root. That is why the Jews in Romans 11 were cut off because they no longer believed and the life was cut off therefore they were fruitless. Paul tells us that if we are found in unbelief we also can be cut off.

No where does the Bible say that Abraham is the root of anything, yet Jesus tells us that He is the vine and we are the branches. Isaiah tells us that Jesus is the root of Jesse and Paul requotes it to the Gentile Church at Rome.
Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Rom 15:12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
We were in God's plan all along. The was not an intercalation as Ryrie says. God does not have a plan "B".

Can't recall ever saying that righteousness came from the Law. However, I do recall saying that while those that were under the Law had to do the deed/works of the Law by FAITH in order for their sins to be covered. Our righteousness comes from our FAITH in the Cross work (death, burial and resurrection) of Christ. Salvation/Justification has ALWAYS been on the basis of FAITH.

No here is what you said exactly. Those that are the seed of Abram are saved by FAITH alone, just as members of the Body of Christ are today, and those that were required to perform deed/works of the Law were saved/justified by doing the deed/works of the law BY FAITH, like Abraham.

When you say that they were required to do the deeds of the law by faith in order for their sins to be covered you are adding to the gospel. It has always been by faith. The law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. It was never designed as a way of salvation even if done by faith. No one could be justified by the deeds of the law.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.
Even if done in faith they could not be justified. Therefore according to what you are saying Abraham is in Hell today because he could not keep the law even by faith.

The original covenant to Abram was unconditional, however, for those future descendants that wanted to partake of that covenant, they had other conditions (circumcision and the Law, etc.) to follow in order to obtain the covenant promises.

I agree with this. If you will look at the statement that I had made right before you wrote this you will see I said the same thing that you did.

PLEASE tell me how the OT Jews were saved/justified it they didn't perform the deeds/works of the law by FAITH/ Didn't God tell Moses to tell the children of Israel that if they kept his covnnant (commandments), that they would become a holy nation of priests (Exodus 19:3-8)? Even though those under the Law found it impossible to keep, God still provided a way for those sins to be atoned. However, they had to do what was required, BY FAITH.

I have told you. They were saved by faith in God and the coming Messiah just like you are today. They looked forward and we look backward to the Messiah.
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
How much more plain can it get. These folks died in faith but they saw the promises. They looked ahead to the Messiah that God had promised.

So, For whom did Jesus come to fulfill the Law? It had to be the Jews, because the Gentiles were not under it. The Gentiles were set aside back at the Tower of Babel in Genesis 11.

The purpose of Jesus' coming to earth was to fulfill the OT promises to Israel, and establish the promised kingdom, that the nations of the earth could be blessed to Abram/Abraham's physical seed. However, Israel, as a nation rejected their King and His Kingdom. Therefore, God set the nation of Israel aside, and MADE (CREATED) the ONE NEW MAN (the Body of Christ) of Ephesians 2:15

Christ came to fulfill the law, period. What law are you saying that the Gentile is not under. The civil or ceremonial law. The ceremonial law was done away with in Christ and that is the law that the Council of Jerusalem did not put the Gentiles in bondage under, but the civil law still remains and we are all subject to that law. Again if I commit sin I transgress the law. If you commit adultery you have broken the law of God.

What exactly does set aside mean to you? During this set aside period did all Gentiles that weren't Jewish proselytes go to Hell? Are not all Jews that are set aside today going to Hell unless they repent?

Jesus set up His kingdom at His resurrection and everyone who believes today is translated into that kingdom. Let me say that God never had a plan "B". His plan developed exactly as He planned it to. The scripture that I showed you earlier in Isa 11:10 shows that God's plan had always included the Gentiles believing on Him.

With the Gentiles already set aside at the Tower of Babel, and the Jews being set aside after the stoning of Stephen, How is salvation/justification going to be sent to the world? God had that figured out even before he created the world, but kept it secret "since the world began."

God raised up Saul/Paul to usher in the dispensation of grace, and offer salvation/justification to all mankind, on equal footing, without distinction, and not under the Law, based upon FAITH ALONE in the Cross work (death, burial, and resurrection) of Christ.

The root of our salvation/justification is Christ, who is of the seed of Abram/Abraham. Therefore, all believers can say that they are of the seed of Abram/Abraham, and all believers are "in Christ."

It all sounds good to you, I know, but it is not the truth. You guys have set Paul up to almost "God" status. He would be appalled to know that people are believing what you guys believe today. Paul preached the gospel to Jew and Gentile alike. Every town he entered he went to the synagogue first and then to the Gentiles.

Abraham's faith had to be based on FAITH ALONE in the work of Christ on the cross or he would be in Hell today. There is only one way to get to heaven and that is by the blood of Jesus Christ. Abraham's righteousness was based upon the faith that he had in God even to the point of knowing that if he killed his son that God would raise him from the dead. We are all saved by faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Messiah Jesus Christ. No one could have been justified by the law, even if they did it by faith.

God has always shown His grace in providing a means in which one could be saved/justified, since the fall of Adam. It was by believing/doing what God required at that point in time of human history. Abram was justified by just believing God, and Abraham was justified by believing God and demonstarated it by offering up his son Isaac.

There you go again. There is only one name given under heaven whereby men may be saved. That is the name Jesus Christ. The law could not do it because no one could keep the law even if done by faith. James tells us that if we break one law we break them all.
Jam 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.
You know what the word guilty means?

There is nothing I can do to add to the Cross work of Christ for my salvation/justification. It is by His GRACE through my FAITH in His Cross work.

What is sad is that you are adding to the Cross work of Christ for others. The OT saints believed just like you and I did. The only difference is that they were looking forward to the crucifixion instead of backward. Abraham was saved the same way, Dispy. He will be right there in the New Jerusalem with us because his faith was in the promised Messiah just like our's. I have shown you the scriptures now all you have to do is believe them.

GLJCA

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please look at the thread on Differences between the two programs. All the information you are lacking is there. There is a myriad of scripture telling us that what you are stating simply is NOT SO. The OT saints did NOT believe the same thing to be saved, and to say any different is to be blinded by the god of this world, as well as to be willfully ignorant.

You are NOT even trying to see things from the dispensation point of view...and this is the dispensational forum. We are not here for you to prove WRONG, or to argue with. You have stated your case, and have conveniently LEFT OUT an entire body of TRUTH that shows clearly that the manner in which God is dealing with mankind HAS changed.

If that were NOT the case, YOU my dear, would be required to sell all that you have, build arks and still be killing animals for your sins.

Now please stop with the foolishness. You have tried and failed to take us back to a program God set aside. That dog simply won't hunt in here.

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
GLJCA...oh my , now thats one for the books. Since God is ONE, how do you now find a different wife for each part of the Trinity????

You are definitely reaching here, and this is just beyond belief that someone would be so blatantly dishonest with Gods Word.

Your sarcasm and blatant disregard for the real meanings in His Word are shameful. TSK TSK TSK.

Why the hatred for dispensationalism????...God is the One who put it there for OUR full understanding of His word....grk epignosis. You are really pushing the envelope here with two wives for ONE God. Even YOU should be too smart to pull that one...my oh my oh my.

I can now say, I have heard it ALL. Walks away slowly shaking her head...my oh my oh my.

Are you saying that God the Father is the Lamb, EPH3? Gee all this time I thought that Jesus Christ the Son of God was the Lamb. Well who is it? Is the Lamb of God the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit?

God did not put Dispensationalism there, Darby did. I don't like Dispensationalism because I believe that it is false teaching and I can see the destructive effects of it in the Church today. Evangelism has become more important than making disciples, therefore the people in the churches follow teaching instead of searching the scriptures and finding the truth. You have to distort the Word to make it fit your belief. In my opinion it also leads to Antinomianism.

I believe in the Trinity, where you have the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Granted they are all one but they have different offices. Tell me why did Jesus tell His disciples this in Matthew. Matt 13:32 But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. If they are all ONE then the Son should know, right?

Oh and I haven't found a wife for the Holy Spirit and I didn't find one for Christ either. The Bible says that the Church is the Lamb's bride, I didn't. I believe what the Bible says.

Please look at the thread on Differences between the two programs. All the information you are lacking is there. There is a myriad of scripture telling us that what you are stating simply is NOT SO. The OT saints did NOT believe the same thing to be saved, and to say any different is to be blinded by the god of this world, as well as to be willfully ignorant.

Eph 3 I know what you teach and I know that you think that there are two programs. Remember I used to be one of you. If there are a myrid of scriptures please show them to me. You have a habit of thinking that just saying it will make it so. You don't convince anyone with your opinions. SHOW ME THE SCRIPTURES. You see you have a few scriptures that you think agree with you but then when confronted with scriptures to the contrary you ignore them. Do you think that the Bible contradicts itself? Why would there be all of those scriptures that contradict Dispensationalism? If the whole Bible is truth then why the contradiction?

You are NOT even trying to see things from the dispensation point of view...and this is the dispensational forum. We are not here for you to prove WRONG, or to argue with. You have stated your case, and have conveniently LEFT OUT an entire body of TRUTH that shows clearly that the manner in which God is dealing with mankind HAS changed.

You are right I can no longer see things from a Dispensational viewpoint. I am not seeing things from more of a Biblical perspective.

Are you so nervous that you may be wrong that you are telling me that I am not welcome here? EPH3 I am surprised at you. Am I making you uncomfortable by the questions that I am asking? Good maybe it will make you think about it and study to show yourself approved a workman unto God and not unto Dispensationalism.

If that were NOT the case, YOU my dear, would be required to sell all that you have, build arks and still be killing animals for your sins.

If you were consistent in your doctrine you would see that IF the New Covenant is not in effect today then you must go out and kill animals for your sins because the blood of the New Covenant is not for you as a Gentile it is for the house of Israel. Even the forgiveness of sins and being called the people of God is not for you, they are promises to Israel. That is what makes you guys so inconsistent. You are taking the Lord's Supper and you don't even think about why. You are claiming forgiveness of sins from Christ's blood then turn around and say that the blood of the New Covenant is not for Gentiles.

I on the other hand believe that the New Covenant in Christ's blood is in effect today for my sins. Therefore I do not need to kill animals for my sins because the blood of the New Covenant answers for me.

Have a great day, EPH3

GLJCA

Upvote 0

GLJCA

Jan 2, 2005
Louisiana
✟1,608.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:

Now please stop with the foolishness. You have tried and failed to take us back to a program God set aside. That dog simply won't hunt in here.

Heb 11:13-16 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that [country] from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

They died in faith. Their faith was looking forward to the promises that God gave them. The Messiah was one of those promises. The city they were looking for is the New Jerusalem, the Church of Jesus Christ.

GLJCA

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PART 1

Didpy said:
If I recall correctly, your did respond to that question before, but didn't answer the question, as you have not now either.

We obtain our salvation/justification from the root. It it were the Christian's life that came from the root, then, it appears to me, that all Christians walk would be alike.

GLJCA said:

There are not two kinds of fruit. There is only one kind of fruit that comes from an olive tree. To say that two kinds of fruit can come off of a good olive tree is saying that the tree is corrupt.
Luk 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Jesus is telling us here that there can't be two kinds of fruit coming off of the same tree. All Christians have the same root but not all Christians choose to live according to the root. That is why the Jews in Romans 11 were cut off because they no longer believed and the life was cut off therefore they were fruitless. Paul tells us that if we are found in unbelief we also can be cut off.

No where does the Bible say that Abraham is the root of anything, yet Jesus tells us that He is the vine and we are the branches. Isaiah tells us that Jesus is the root of Jesse and Paul requotes it to the Gentile Church at Rome.
Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Rom 15:12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
We were in God's plan all along. The was not an intercalation as Ryrie says. God does not have a plan "B".

You will have a very hard time convincing me that only one type of fruit can come from an olive tree. Especially if the branches from a wild olive tree were grafted in. About 20 years ago I planted an apple tree in my back yard that did bare 5 different kinds of apples. 4 of those branches were "grafted in," however I couldn't tell you which ones they were. I had that tree removed this fall, after at least 20 years of yield. They all got their nurishment from the same roots, not 5 different kinds of roots.

I don't believe that the tree in Luke 6:43, that Jesus refered to, had any "grafted in" branches.

I will also agree that Jesus is the "root of Jesse." However, according to Isaiah 60:3, it was the Gentiles that were to come to the Jews for their "Light." Isaiah 60:3 "And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and the kings to the brightenss of thy shining." As promised to Abram in Genesis 12:1-3, it was his physical seed that was to bless the families (nations) of the earth. Nowhere in the OT do I find that the Jew and Gentile will be on equal footing, and without distinction. God had placed a "middle wall of partition" between the Jew and Gentile. Even Jesus Himself said in John 4:22 "Salvation is of the Jews."

Yes, the Gentiles will one day be blessed through Israel, as a nation, but that is still future.

The Cross was God's Plan "A" since before He created the world. However, it was kept secret "since the world began."

Dispy said:
Can't recall ever saying that righteousness came from the Law. However, I do recall saying that while those that were under the Law had to do the deed/works of the Law by FAITH in order for their sins to be covered. Our righteousness comes from our FAITH in the Cross work (death, burial and resurrection) of Christ. Salvation/Justification has ALWAYS been on the basis of FAITH.

GLJCA said:
No here is what you said exactly. Those that are the seed of Abram are saved by FAITH alone, just as members of the Body of Christ are today, and those that were required to perform deed/works of the Law were saved/justified by doing the deed/works of the law BY FAITH, like Abraham.

When you say that they were required to do the deeds of the law by faith in order for their sins to be covered you are adding to the gospel. It has always been by faith. The law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. It was never designed as a way of salvation even if done by faith. No one could be justified by the deeds of the law.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.
Even if done in faith they could not be justified. Therefore according to what you are saying Abraham is in Hell today because he could not keep the law even by faith.

Your statement saying that I said that righteousness came from the Law, is at best, an incomplete statement, and taken completely out of its context.

There were many Ceremonial and Sacrificial Laws that the children had to observe in order for their sins to be atoned (covered). They were repeated over and over. If not done according to the Law, and by FAITH then their sins were not covered. FYI, Abram was not under the Law. The Law was given to Moses, years later.

Paul is addressing members of the Body of Christ, that are not under the Law, during this dispensation of Grace. The Law has been nailed to the Cross at that point in time of humand history.

Dispy said:
The original covenant to Abram was unconditional, however, for those future descendants that wanted to partake of that covenant, they had other conditions (circumcision and the Law, etc.) to follow in order to obtain the covenant promises.

GLJCA said:
I agree with this. If you will look at the statement that I had made right before you wrote this you will see I said the same thing that you did.

Glad we can agree on something.

Dispy said:
PLEASE tell me how the OT Jews were saved/justified it they didn't perform the deeds/works of the law by FAITH[/ B]Didn't God tell Moses to tell the children of Israel that if they kept his covnnant (commandments), that they would become a holy nation of priests (Exodus 19:3-8)? Even though those under the Law found it impossible to keep, God still provided a way for those sins to be atoned. However, they had to do what was required, BY FAITH.

GLJCA said:
I have told you. They were saved by faith in God and the coming Messiah just like you are today. They looked forward and we look backward to the Messiah.
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
How much more plain can it get. These folks died in faith but they saw the promises. They looked ahead to the Messiah that God had promised.

I reject your answer in total. You have no Scriptural foundation for your remarks. How could the OT children of Israel look forward to the Cross when it wasn't even invented as a way of punishment. It was a more recent inovation of the Romans. Also, the purpose of the Cross was still unknown until it was revealed to Paul (1Cor.2:7,8)

To be continued

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PART 2

Dispy said:
So, For whom did Jesus come to fulfill the Law? It had to be the Jews, because the Gentiles were not under it. The Gentiles were set aside back at the Tower of Babel in Genesis 11.

The purpose of Jesus' coming to earth was to fulfill the OT promises to Israel, and establish the promised kingdom, that the nations of the earth could be blessed to Abram/Abraham's physical seed. However, Israel, as a nation rejected their King and His Kingdom. Therefore, God set the nation of Israel aside, and MADE (CREATED) the ONE NEW MAN (the Body of Christ) of Ephesians 2:15

GLJCA said:
Christ came to fulfill the law, period. What law are you saying that the Gentile is not under. The civil or ceremonial law. The ceremonial law was done away with in Christ and that is the law that the Council of Jerusalem did not put the Gentiles in bondage under, but the civil law still remains and we are all subject to that law. Again if I commit sin I transgress the law. If you commit adultery you have broken the law of God.

What exactly does set aside mean to you? During this set aside period did all Gentiles that weren't Jewish proselytes go to Hell? Are not all Jews that are set aside today going to Hell unless they repent?

Jesus set up His kingdom at His resurrection and everyone who believes today is translated into that kingdom. Let me say that God never had a plan "B". His plan developed exactly as He planned it to. The scripture that I showed you earlier in Isa 11:10 shows that God's plan had always included the Gentiles believing on Him.

The Law can only be fulfilled to those to whom it was given. Jesus said Himself in Matthew 15:24 "I am not come but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

If you believe what you wrote above, then you had better go back to a sabbath day's rest, and don't do any work, or travel more then a "sabbath day's journey" (approx 1/4 mile). Where is you Scriptural support that says that only the civil and ceremonial laws were done away with. Can't seem to find it in my Bible. Chapter and verse please. What does Paul mean, when he says in 1Cor.6:12 and10:23 All things are lawful for me...?

The Gentiles were to come to Israel's Light (Jesus) through them as a nation, in fulfillment of the promise to Abram.

Zachariah 8:23 "Thus saith the Lord of host: In those ays it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a JEw, saying, We will go with you: for we have head that God is with you."

What days are we talking about? The days when the kingdom is established here upon the earth. It's still future.

Dispy said:
With the Gentiles already set aside at the Tower of Babel, and the Jews being set aside after the stoning of Stephen, How is salvation/justification going to be sent to the world? God had that figured out even before he created the world, but kept it secret "since the world began."

God raised up Saul/Paul to usher in the dispensation of grace, and offer salvation/justification to all mankind, on equal footing, without distinction, and not under the Law, based upon [B ]FAITH ALONE
Dispy said:
in the Cross work (death, burial, and resurrection) of Christ
The root of our salvation/justification is Christ, who is of the seed of Abram/Abraham. Therefore, all believers can say that they are of the seed of Abram/Abraham, and all believers are "in Christ.".

GLJCA said:
It all sounds good to you, I know, but it is not the truth. You guys have set Paul up to almost "God" status. He would be appalled to know that people are believing what you guys believe today. Paul preached the gospel to Jew and Gentile alike. Every town he entered he went to the synagogue first and then to the Gentiles.

Abraham's faith had to be based on FAITH ALONE in the work of Christ on the cross or he would be in Hell today. There is only one way to get to heaven and that is by the blood of Jesus Christ. Abraham's righteousness was based upon the faith that he had in God even to the point of knowing that if he killed his son that God would raise him from the dead. We are all saved by faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Messiah Jesus Christ. No one could have been justified by the law, even if they did it by faith.

PLEASE show me from Scripture where I am wrong. I am still in the learning mode.

God gave His instructions in righteousness to the children of Israel through the Laws of Moses. Moses was the earthly spokesman for God. Even Jesus told the multitude and His disciples to follow those that sat in Moses' seat. (Matt.23:1-3). In the teachings of the Law it was Moses, Moses, Moses. Were the people puting Moses ahead of God and Jesus? NO! NO! NO!. They were just following God's spokesperson.

God have His instruction in righteousness for members of the Body of Christ to Paul, through the preaching of the gospel of the grace of God, according to the revelation of the "mystery, which was kept secret since the world began." We are following Paul as he followed his instructions from God/Jesus, as Their spokesperson. Both Moses and Paul were God's spokespersons, no more then that.

Dispy said:
God has always shown His grace in providing a means in which one could be saved/justified, since the fall of Adam. It was by believing/doing what God required at that point in time of human history. Abram was justified by just believing God, and Abraham was justified by believing God and demonstarated it by offering up his son Isaac.

GLJCA said:
There you go again. There is only one name given under heaven whereby men may be saved. That is the name Jesus Christ. The law could not do it because no one could keep the law even if done by faith. James tells us that if we break one law we break them all.
Jam 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.
You know what the word guilty means?

James is not speaking to members of the Body of Christ. He is addressing those mention in James 1:1. These are the followers of Jesus that were saved under the preaching of the gospel of the kingdom, when the Law was in effect. They are the same ones with who he agreed with Peter and John that that would stay with in Galatians 2:9).

Dispy said:
There is nothing I can do to add to the Cross work of Christ for my salvation/justification. It is by His GRACE through my FAITH in His Cross work.

GLJCA said:
What is sad is that you are adding to the Cross work of Christ for others. The OT saints believed just like you and I did. The only difference is that they were looking forward to the crucifixion instead of backward. Abraham was saved the same way, Dispy. He will be right there in the New Jerusalem with us because his faith was in the promised Messiah just like our's. I have shown you the scriptures now all you have to do is believe them.

GLJCA

You have show me not Scriptural support for what you said above, and many other remarks that you have made. The OT saints had no idea what a cross was, and the purpose of the Cross was "kept secret since the world began," until it was revealed to the Apostel Paul (1Cor.2:7,8).

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Markea

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Folks, if you don't mind.. let's try to keep this more on the subject of the marriage of the Lamb and who His wife is..

A good question came up which will probably be ignored by those who believe that Israel is the Lamb's wife.. and that was..

Are you saying that God the Father is the Lamb ?

But..back to our topic..

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GLJCA said:
God did not put Dispensationalism there, Darby did. I don't like Dispensationalism because I believe that it is false teaching and I can see the destructive effects of it in the Church today. Evangelism has become more important than making disciples,

evanglism or teaching yet by the same spirit...1 cor 12

yet we are an instrment for God to use .. if I rest in the heavenlies

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Markea said:
Folks, if you don't mind.. let's try to keep this more on the subject of the marriage of the Lamb and who His wife is..

A good question came up which will probably be ignored by those who believe that Israel is the Lamb's wife.. and that was..

But..back to our topic..

That question has already been answered...many times. Since this is a dispensational forum, we will go with the dispensational answer, and NOT continue arguing and disturbing the peace with inflammatory remarks that until now have been all but ignored.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Markea

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again.. the marriage takes place in HEAVEN and then the Lord comes to DELIVER Israel..

AND.. the scriptures speak thematically to this.. Joseph is a prime example.. hated by his own brothers.. etc etc and yet he delivers them in their deepest time of need..

Jacob (Israel) learns late in his life that the son of his old age is alive and ruler over all..

Joseph was already married at that time.. to Asenath.. a Gentile.. given to him by Pharaoh..

the story tells the story..

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
GLJCA said:
Heb 11:13-16 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that [country] from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

They died in faith. Their faith was looking forward to the promises that God gave them. The Messiah was one of those promises. The city they were looking for is the New Jerusalem, the Church of Jesus Christ.

GLJCA

Yes maam, Mrs GOD.:doh:

This is the confusion that comes from not only RESISTING Gods final revelation to mankind, but DENYING IT...tsk tsk tsk

Upvote 0

Markea

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
That question has already been answered...many times. Since this is a dispensational forum, we will go with the dispensational answer, and NOT continue arguing and disturbing the peace with inflammatory remarks that until now have been all but ignored.

Your persistent arrogance is duly noted..

You truly believe that because YOU have said something.. that it is settled.. there's not much greater arrogance than that..

I certainly have strong convictions about things.. although I wouldn't declare anything settled because I said so.. because that would be the most arrogant thing that I could possibly do..

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Markea said:
Your persistent arrogance is duly noted..

You truly believe that because YOU have said something.. that it is settled.. there's not much greater arrogance than that..

I certainly have strong convictions about things.. although I wouldn't declare anything settled because I said so.. because that would be the most arrogant thing that I could possibly do..

What YOU call arrogance, God calls the full assurance and full understanding (greek;epignosis) that He gives to ALL who will acknowledge the Revelation of the MYSTERY.

Why should anyone have to apologize for having done what God told them to in 2 Tim 2:15? We are to STUDY...to show ourselves approved unto GOD (not unto YOU! wink), workmen that need NOT to be ashamed (as YOU will be assuredly if you dont "change your mind":eek:) RIGHTLY DIVIDING the Word of Truth. "

Things are settled because we take God at His Word. We aren't ignorant and untaught enough to take Gods Word to another people at another time with another program of worship clearly delineated in His Word, and try to apply it to US, do we??? How arrogant is THAT????

That is what YOU are doing, mister. YOU are telling God that He didn't begin a new program with a new apostle with new information. Should we all be happy that you are calling God a liar and that you then come in here to "parade your superior knowledge and snarly attitude"???

LOL...I think NOT.:yawn: :sleep:

Upvote 0

Markea

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
What YOU call arrogance, God calls the full assurance and full understanding (greek;epignosis) that He gives to ALL who will acknowledge the Revelation of the MYSTERY.

Why should anyone have to apologize for having done what God told them to in 2 Tim 2:15? We are to STUDY...to show ourselves approved unto GOD (not unto YOU! wink), workmen that need NOT to be ashamed (as YOU will be assuredly if you dont "change your mind":eek:) RIGHTLY DIVIDING the Word of Truth. "

Things are settled because we take God at His Word. We aren't ignorant and untaught enough to take Gods Word to another people at another time with another program of worship clearly delineated in His Word, and try to apply it to US, do we??? How arrogant is THAT????

That is what YOU are doing, mister. YOU are telling God that He didn't begin a new program with a new apostle with new information. Should we all be happy that you are calling God a liar and that you then come in here to "parade your superiour knowlege and snarly attitude"????

LOL...I think NOT.:yawn: :sleep:

There's an enormous difference between being approved unto GOD and being approved unto YOURSELF.. but I understand that you do not understand the difference.

It's clear that YOU label YOURSELF as a 'right divider'.. you're a SELF PROCLAIMED 'right divider'.. YOU DECLARE YOURSELF this very thing..

YOURSELF..

Your very own self proclaimed testimony shines clear for all to see.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.