The Charismatic Christians Prophesying Trump's Victory (And Not Backing Down)

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As President Donald Trump continues to defy calls to concede the election, it’s possible that he’s leaning on a cadre of modern-day “prophets” for support.

Led by his own pastor, Paula White, and a coterie of Pentecostal and charismatic leaders around the country, this is a movement that believes that apostles and prophets exist today, just like in biblical times.

Some in this movement prophesied Trump’s 2016 election well before the fact and they firmly believe God has ordained a second term for the incumbent president.

“It seems that Trump and his handlers are watching this scene pretty closely,” said Erin Prophet, an assistant religion professor at the University of Florida who studies prophetic movements. “Many people believe these prophecies are meant to be fulfilled, and if they are not, they will lose faith.”

There are many of these prophets, ranging from the famous ones (televangelist Pat Robertson who has predicted Trump will be re-elected) to the unknown-but-offbeat ones like the pink-haired Kat Kerr of Jacksonville, Fla. Back in 2018, she said that not only would Trump have two terms, but so would Vice President Mike Pence when he will run for president, as will Pence’s running mate.

“For 24 years,” she said, “we will have God in that White House.”

Currently, the possibility of a Republican president is looking dimmer and dimmer as election results show President-Elect Joe Biden eking out a victory even in traditionally GOP states such as Arizona and Georgia.

But these modern-day prophets aren’t taking no for an answer. As Pentecostal (also called charismatic) Christians, part of the world’s fastest-growing form of Christianity, these prophets may be providing the spiritual backbone that Trump needs as he remains shuttered in the White House.

Continued below.
The Charismatic Christians prophesying Trump's victory (and not backing down)

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've followed from a distance those "prophets of God" and their false prophecy. I've been wondering when the Christians are going to hold them to account .. the OT doesn't give much grace to those who say they speak for God and are wrong.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know-I hope I don't get in trouble here, but I have always thought that people predicting that God told them "so and so" is going to win is very dangerous for the Church at large. God is in control, and God may have other plans, God may want Biden in for reasons known only to Him.
I respect those pastors who openly supported President Trump (such as Franklin Graham, etc) but those others who predict a win one way or the other, while they do have the 50% chance of being right, risk doing serious damage to the Church if it doesn't pan out(I'm looking at you Pat Robertson.)
Non- Christians have already been accusing Christians of blindly following Trump without looking at his serious flaws(not true in my case I voted for the lesser of two evils that would preserve our freedoms and religious liberty) but the impression still lasts.
If these Christians prophets turn out to be wrong then Christianity will be further discredited in their eyes, even though wrong prophecies have always existed.
It's dangerous for Donald Trump's faith, too, if accounts are true about him being a New Christian.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't know-I hope I don't get in trouble here, but I have always thought that people predicting that God told them "so and so" is going to win is very dangerous for the Church at large. God is in control, and God may have other plans,
I agree. Prophecy needs to be tested. And in this case time needs to pass before it is proven true or false.
God may want Biden in for reasons known only to Him.
Though I can't imagine how.
I respect those pastors who openly supported President Trump (such as Franklin Graham, etc) but those others who predict a win one way or the other, while they do have the 50% chance of being right, risk doing serious damage to the Church if it doesn't pan out(I'm looking at you Pat Robertson.)
This Christian didn't support Trump. Thought he was better than Biden though, but not enough to throw away my vote.
Non- Christians have already been accusing Christians of blindly following Trump without looking at his serious flaws(not true in my case I voted for the lesser of two evils that would preserve our freedoms and religious liberty) but the impression still lasts.
If these Christians prophets turn out to be wrong then Christianity will be further discredited in their eyes, even though wrong prophecies have always existed.
False prophecy does damage. Prophets need to be very careful to only say "Thus sayeth the Lord" when it is the Lord who said it.
It's dangerous for Donald Trump's faith, too, if accounts are true about him being a New Christian.
There is a slim possibility that Trump will do a Tony Blair. I would not be totally shocked. But he does have a long way to go to be able to do that.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
A lot of these prophecies that are made remind me of the Word of Faith movement. Also very damaging.
By the way, I AM NOT making a prophecy about Trump doing a Tony Blair. It's just that stranger things have happened AND there are a few clues. Now I wish Joe Biden would do a Tony Blair, or even a reverse Tony Blair.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By the way, I AM NOT making a prophecy about Trump doing a Tony Blair. It's just that stranger things have happened AND there are a few clues. Now I wish Joe Biden would do a Tony Blair, or even a reverse Tony Blair.
I knew what you meant. :) I did not think you were going all prophetic on us! :D

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I knew what you meant. :) I did not think you were going all prophetic on us! :D
Not today. Maybe some day, God willing, if I'm not too skeptical to say it or even hear it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a tremendous focus on prophetic words today. Did charismatic prophets really predict a Trump victory in 2016, even before he had announced his run for the White House? Should these prophets be trusted today when, virtually, to a person, they assure us that Trump really did win the 2020 election and that the final results will prove it? And beyond these specific questions, what is the primary purpose of prophecy?

It is this last question I want to focus on – and I will do so later in this article – but it’s important we clarify some things up front.

To be perfectly clear, none of us who believe in prophetic ministry today believe that anyone can add to the Bible. Perish the thought. That is rank heresy of the highest order. Anyone who makes such a claim or wants his or her words to be received on the level of Scripture should be openly and clearly rejected.

The Bible stands alone as God’s Word – the Word of God – and that alone is our infallible guide to salvation and godly living.

Continued below.
The essence of the spirit of prophecy

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Michie .. thanks for that ... good to hear someone else saying how off all this was. I was active a little bit in the 80s with the moral majority stuff. With Trumps flaws I never understood why Christians got so enamored with him and really still are.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums