Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
1 John 1:

God's "keys".

8ed75cec0e154d8f60c81de9e996b29b.jpg

This verse is precious, an d shines right smack on the "key" to "walking with God", and that is by using the "barometer" of being in HIS Light. For there is no way of not being "in God's Light" if we are walking with Him. And if we ARE walking with Him, we have fellowship, not only with God, but with our fellow believers, which delights and blesses God's precious heart.

The question is:

Are we "walking with Him"?

I love God's "keys" throughout His Word...they're like "Lamp posts", illuminating His Word, as His Holy Spirit teaches us.

1john1_7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's funny, but maybe this wasn't noticed, the reference being written as I John rather than 1 John makes a link that will lead to the gospel account of John, rather than that first epistle from John.

It was a real important passage used from that chapter to show there. In 1 John 1 we have it clearly said that there is the testimony itself, from those writing, including the apostle John, who stood on it as eyewitnesses, giving their lives for this, while speaking against lying, which is with the imagery of darkness while reality which there is with God has the imagery of light, with this available for believers.

In the second chapter, with knowing we have the atonement for us and an advocate, we then have forgiveness with being cleaned of sin in our lives, to then live obediently and not continue with sin. There are commandments for us still in which we will be obedient, through love, with real godly love doing that, what passes as love that isn't with doing that isn't this godly love really. Sin will not just go on, and God gives his children what they need, even with discipline where needed, for getting past persistent sin.

This is how we know that we know him: if we keep his commandments.
One who says, "I know him," and doesn't keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn't in him.
But whoever keeps his word, God's love has most certainly been perfected in him. This is how we know that we are in him: he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk just like he walked.
Brothers, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.
Again, I write a new commandment to you, which is true in him and in you; because the darkness is passing away, and the true light already shines.
He who says he is in the light and hates his brother, is in the darkness even until now.
He who loves his brother remains in the light, and there is no occasion for stumbling in him.
But he who hates his brother is in the darkness, and walks in the darkness, and doesn't know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
Don't love the world, neither the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, the Father's love isn't in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, isn't the Father's, but is the world's.
The world is passing away with its lusts, but he who does God's will remains forever.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Jude (this 65th book of the Bible has just 1 chapter)

This verse stood out for me:

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." ~Jude 1:3

contend-for-faith-300x300.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Revelation 8:3

"And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne."

TABAltarIncense.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Revelation 9:

"And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power." ~Revelation 9:2-3

locust_swarm.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Revelation 10:

"And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth. And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter." ~Revelation 10:8-10

2019-Scroll-imagex200.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Revelation 13:

"And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live." ~Revelation 13:14

Lesson-35-Revelation-538x218.jpg

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 7:15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Matthew 13:7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

th

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0