Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't have the exact same thing as you. I think the Android 8 equivalent would be Smart Manager -> App Manager.

I do already have certain apps as being allowed to auto start and are not battery optimized (not supposed to deep hibernate). But this doesn't work unfortunately.

Thanks for helping anyway.
Dang, sorry that it didn't help.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have some cheap Motorola smartphone. In the past I'd buy the latest and greatest smartphones.. this time I went cheap and don't regret it. In 2023 the baseline smartphones more than meet my needs.

Upvote 0

Serendipitous Waffle

Jul 18, 2023
Viken
✟55,420.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I have owned so many phones. My favorites are the Nokia Communicator line (no longer being made), Samsung Galaxy Note. Currently using my first foldable phone, a Samsung Galaxy Fold 4. I thought the crease in the screen would be off putting, but it really isn't.

I wish the Nokia Communicator series would make a come back, a phone like a mini laptop with a QWERTY keyboard is great. If I could, I'd still use my Nokia E90. Such a compact phone with a great keyboard. I also really enjoyed the Blackberry Passport and later the Blackberry Keyone. Unihertz makes a couple of Blackberry styled phones that have gotten good reviews, so may check out one of those in the future if the Planet Gemini phone / pda doesn't get me first. :)

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟126,953.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have three phones, one is for day to day use, it is a Samsung S23 Ultra, I have a Redmi Note 10 Pro as a backup phone, and a Umidigi A13 Pro Max that I bought as an experiment with a "no name" brand. All three work well, handles calls well, do SMS/MMS, well, and have good cameras, the S23 Ultra has excellent cameras. All three are on Android 13.
What I'd like to see is user replaceable batteries like we used to have on the old Nokia flip phones and their ilk. Nowadays it seems that everything is sealed in and glued down which makes it close to impossible for the phone owner to replace an old battery.

Upvote 0

Serendipitous Waffle

Jul 18, 2023
Viken
✟55,420.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
What I'd like to see is user replaceable batteries like we used to have on the old Nokia flip phones and their ilk. Nowadays it seems that everything is sealed in and glued down which makes it close to impossible for the phone owner to replace an old battery.

Exactly my gripe as well. I remember "the old days" when if your phone went and died on ya, you'd probably have a backup battery somewhere on you. I did with all my Nokia communicators. Bright side is, a new EU law is forcing for user replaceable batteries. Granted, not like how Nokia and others did, but at least we can replace batteries on our own now without a hot air gun, fiddling with glass backs possibly breaking them and bending Lithium Ion batteries because of glue.

Upvote 0