California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just how powerful is it and is it really as sinister as myriad YouTube videos portray? You know, the whole illuminati theme and the idea that many have sold their souls for fame and fortune. If it is as influential as many believe, why do we continue to allow it to captivate us...can it somehow be connected to the "strong delusion" or "wormwood" mentioned in the Bible?

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Yet only heads of state who play a major role in international politics have a good chance of becoming famous outside their country's borders, since they are constantly featured in mass media. The President of the United States, for instance, is famous by name and face to millions of people around the world. Since World War II the U.S. Presidential elections are followed closely all across the globe, making the elected candidate instantly world-famous as a result."

Celebrity - Wikipedia

Trump may well be the most famous person in the world.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do think that fame / celebrity does awful things to most people spiritually / mentally / psychologically. It's sad. No one's marriage lasts. Drugs, money problems, infidelity, depression, excess. It's bad.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would expect that if the conspiracies are true then the YouTube videos and other information hails from the same source. Destruction is many layered. You needn't send everyone down the same path. A wise person would craft multiple options for your undoing with paths that converge at the same end. Thus, all roads lead to...X

Is there occult symbolism present in some artistic productions? Yes. Can we confirm they've sold their souls? No. Is there a strong demonic presence in the celebrity scene? Yes. I encounter it when I pray for them. It's very heavy. Understandably so, given their influence on culture and the platform they command.

There are Christians called to that world. But you need anointing and some very deep roots. There's a lot to stand against naturally and spiritually. Many temptations that will seek to derail you. But if you remain anchored to God you'll make it.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I do think that fame / celebrity does awful things to most people spiritually / mentally / psychologically. It's sad. No one's marriage lasts. Drugs, money problems, infidelity, depression, excess. It's bad.

This.

The Illuminati/Satanist stuff seems like a bunch of nonsense for the most part, though.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just how powerful is it and is it really as sinister as myriad YouTube videos portray? You know, the whole illuminati theme and the idea that many have sold their souls for fame and fortune. If it is as influential as many believe, why do we continue to allow it to captivate us...can it somehow be connected to the "strong delusion" or "wormwood" mentioned in the Bible?
This isn’t the forum you were looking for

This is.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In general, i do think 5he united states is infatuated with celebrities and celebrity status, like no other advanced nation on earth.

I dont get caught up in the hype surrounding celebrities, but a whole lot of people do.

Upvote 0

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Very powerful. Not even 911 could kill it off. I got a small glimmer of what the world could look like without these people, where they finally took a backseat and were just citizens like anyone else, and real heroes were celebrated for a change (emergency workers of all stripes).. but it didn't last long. Like a couple of days maybe.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In general, i do think 5he united states is infatuated with celebrities and celebrity status, like no other advanced nation on earth.
This is likely true although the British are similar when it comes to royalty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
No. There are no demonic forces involved. No soul had to be sold to gain fame.

There is only one power involved in the concept of "celebrities". It's called "audience".

To be famous, to be a celebrity, you need only one thing: people who notice and celebrate you.

So if there is any "demonic force" involved... it would be you folks.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,375.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
sold their souls for fame and fortune.

To take something like that literally is a bit ridiculous.

There are, however, some people that lower themselves to pathetic standards to gain media attention or the attention of others.

Part of the problem is that we live in a culture where a lot of people want to know everything. Look at school shooters... before the bodies are in the ground the shooter themselves are immortalised by media coverage. That on its own likely inspires others who are in a place where they feel they 'aren't seen' or a host of other variables that lead to such acts.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
In a way, I can understand it.
Who of us doesn't like appreciation? And it is something that seems to be so difficult to get.

We are just supposed to be great. Good at our job. Good in our relationship. Good in every aspect of what we do. Praising someone for what they have done right is just not "done". It's nothing more that we expect of them. Blaming them for every single little mistake though... oh, that's the way to go. Because it shows that they do not live up to our expectations.

So can we really blame those who crave for attention? Isn't it something that we all would love to have a little of?

And are those who overdo it not victims to a kind of addiction, with all the usual consequences?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Mass media is a term denoting that section of the media specifically designed to reach a very large audience (typically at least as large as the whole population of a nation-state), today including not only radio and television, which tend to be limited to the local or national level, but also the Internet, which is global. It was coined in the 1920s, with the advent of nationwide radio networks, mass-circulation newspapers, and magazines, especially in the United States, although mass media was present centuries before the term became common. The mass media audience has been viewed by some as forming a "mass society" with special characteristics, notably atomization or lack of social connections, which render it especially susceptible to the influence of modern mass media techniques of persuasion such as advertising and propaganda. Mass media can be one of the hardest forms of media within which to decipher what is true and what is not. Given that mass media penetrates the whole of society, its reach and influence is immense. Therefore, the responsibility of those participating in this type of communication is also great, as the future direction of human society could well be guided by the mass media.
Mass media - New World Encyclopedia

Interesting stuff. I agree that it is a very powerful form of persuasion and I believe that the current U.S. President is a master at it. Donald Trump's rise to office was a well staged media event and I recently heard on the radio that he is running the presidency like a reality T.V. show (remember The Apprentice?).

Upvote 0