Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What raised my eyebrows as a kid and a young adult is that the 10 commandments listed in my NAB bible....you know on a seprate insert...graven images are not mentioned.
I have that same insert. I think the reason is that you can only go into so much depth on an insert; therefore, you get a "barebones" listing, and it's up to the catechists, the parents, and the kid to find out more as they go along.

I have a Protestant children's Bible that I had as a kid, and the rendition of 1 Samuel 24 is that David finds Saul sleeping in the cave of Engedi, and cuts off a section of his robe, when in reality, the actual text relates that Saul went into the cave to take a dump.

But I didn't get too excited about it; after all, it is slanted for children, after all. Same with the 10 Commandments insert.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have a Protestant children's Bible that I had as a kid, and the rendition of 1 Samuel 24 is that David finds Saul sleeping in the cave of Engedi, and cuts off a section of his robe, when in reality, the actual text relates that Saul went into the cave to take a dump.

LOL... You have such a way with words, Wolseley.

Michelle

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.