• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The Book of Remembrance

Discussion in 'Exposition & Bible Study' started by Charlie24, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Charlie24

Charlie24 Newbie Supporter

+687
    Baptist
    Single
    The Lord our God thinks so Highly of our conversations and thoughts of Him that He had a book of remembrance written to record it.

Malachi 3:16-17
    Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

I have read behind some great theologians who say these jewels are in reference to the jewels on the breastplate of the High Priest of Israel.

"And I will spare them," refers to Him sparing them from judgement, for He can find no fault in His precious jewels.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Why would God care for the gems in the breastplate of the OT priests?
    The jewels are those who do His will.
    Very uplifting Mal. verses...thanks.

3. Charlie24

+687
    Baptist
    Single
    The High Priest of Israel is another name for Christ.

It is a biblical type, the OT priest wore this breastplate with the jewels.

It represents the jewels (us) belonging to Christ as He is the High Priest.

4. Charlie24

+687
    Baptist
    Single
    Also they pointed out that the OT high priest wore this breastplate with the jewels while offering the blood on the mercy seat for the sins of the people.

Our heavenly High Priest offered His blood on the mercy seat in heaven for our sins.

The OT is the NT revealed in Jesus Christ.

It is found throughout the OT, it is amazing to me that Jesus really is the theme of the entire Bible.

5. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    We agree that the jewels are "us".