Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm referring to the fact that Greek mythology and the Book of Enoch are too similar and one must have been influenced by the other. It's hard to place Greeks in a position where they would be influenced by this book if it were a pre-flood text as there was no Jewish connection at the time the mythology appears in Greek texts (700 BC) but it's easy to see how the Jews were influenced by the Greeks during the hellenization period which happens to line up with the oldest copies available.
The Ante-Nicene fathers wrote multiple times that the Greeks were influenced by the Torah and the Prophets and appropriated them as their own. The called the Greeks liars in this regard.

• Agree
Reactions: yeshuasavedme
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Ante-Nicene fathers wrote multiple times that the Greeks were influenced by the Torah and the Prophets and appropriated them as their own. The called the Greeks liars in this regard.
This is great and may have some merit but it still doesn't place Jews in a position to influence at the time the Greek myth emerges.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is great and may have some merit but it still doesn't place Jews in a position to influence at the time the Greek myth emerges.
It might clear things up for you if you ever can bring yourself to the conclusion that TBOE is not a book of the Jews. It was their heritage before it became their legacy to us.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It might clear things up for you if you ever can bring yourself to the conclusion that TBOE is not a book of the Jews. It was their heritage before it became their legacy to us.
I don't know how that helps position TBOE in a place to influence the greeks

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how that helps position TBOE in a place to influence the greeks
The patriarch of their tribe, Japheth, was Shem's brother.
He was on the boat.
They all had Enoch.
Shem outlived Abraham.
Nimrod was not much older than Abraham.
The tribes were not divided by tongues nor separated by divided land nor were their days cut short until the fall of the tower.
Get perspective from true historical facts and you will be able to "see"..

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Enoch 47 contains words of comfort for those living in the day of tribulation

Late last year I noticed that Enoch 7 & 8, describes a long-term, three-phased, program implemented by the angels who sinned. Their program aimed at misleading the whole earth. I posted about this here: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Earlier this year I noticed that there appears to have been a worldwide program to kill off all those who remained faithful to God. I posted about that here: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Then, a couple days ago I remembered a section of Enoch that suddenly makes more sense in the context of the above-referenced puzzle pieces. Now Enoch 47, fits into a bigger picture of what was the catalyst for God executing his program of judgments against the evil angels and their reprobate offspring.
Messianic Prophecy and the Book of Enoch

In a nutshell, Enoch chapter 47 adds more details to the events ahich are detailed in Enoch chapters 9 & 10. By connecting these passages I now understand that the context is worldwide martyrdom of the righteous.
Messianic Prophecy and the Book of Enoch

In the last verse of Enoch 8, we read "And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven". Then in chapter 9 we see the faithful angels begin to cry out to God to avenge the blood of the righteous who had been slain. Enoch 47 also outlines this. The chapter mentions "the blood of the righteous" and "the prayer of the righteous" close together three times.

Enoch 47, sums up with these words, "Because the number of the righteous had been offered, and the prayer of the righteous had been heard, and the blood of the righteous been required before the Lord of Spirits".

Notice, once two things have been completed then God's judgment comes to completion... Once "the number of the righteous had been offered", and once "the prayer of the righteous had been heard", then "the blood of the righteous" will be "required". The martyrdoms and prayers needed to reach their full number for the end to come.

Now can you see one way in which the Book of Enoch will become a source of blessing to the last generation who will be living during the final time when worldwide believers are being put to death for their faith in Christ?

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm always curious if anyone follows the solar calendar in Enoch and accepts the books explanation as to why that particular solar calendar doesn't work.
It does work perfectly. Enoch states "the years are completed in perfect justice unto eternity" -I think it is worded...
No one "follows" it in any government on earth at this time, but everyone will in the millennial age.
If you want to keep up with the days of the year using it, just for your own self to know, begin the year with the spring equinox -for religious days -fall equinox for counting the years from creation to now; the days stay the same and the weeks are 52, no matter which you count from.
4 stop days, not numbered as days of the week which are at the head of the beginning of each of the 4 seasons. There were always 4 seasons and always will be, as God states to Noah when he came off the boat and established the rainbow as a promise.
The years are then exactly 360 days, and the the 4 stop/sabbath days are added, as to their number, at the end of the year, for the total of 364 days in each year, but their parts [confirmed in Revelation that the days are measured in "parts", not hours, as to God's calendar], are "NOT" added, which is how the year is completed with perfect justice.
Each event -birthdays, marriages, feast days, etc, are then always celebrated on the same day of the week, year after year, as they first occurred.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟231,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does work perfectly.

But not really. Enoch's solar calendar is 364 days, but the actual solar year is 365.24219 days. If you follow "Enoch's," then your agricultural feasts eventually aren't agricultural. So it's not really perfect; it's actually wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But not really. Enoch's solar calendar is 364 days, but the actual solar year is 365.24219 days. If you follow "Enoch's," then your agricultural feasts eventually aren't agricultural. So it's not really perfect; it's actually wrong.
No, it isn't. The parts of 4 sabbath/ stop days are not added/measured in the Enoch revealed calendar. The 4 days are added as to their number to the year at the end, but not counted/measured as to their parts during the year.
They are "sabbaths" in the heavens.
Enoch's revealed calendar is measured from (spring) equinox to equinox, and is always exactly 52 week years, with the 4 days added at each year's end.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟231,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it isn't. The parts of 4 sabbath/ stop days are not added/measured in the Enoch revealed calendar. The 4 days are added as to their number to the year at the end, but not counted/measured as to their parts during the year.
They are "sabbaths" in the heavens.
Enoch's revealed calendar is measured from (spring) equinox to equinox, and is always exactly 52 week years, with the 4 days added at each year's end.

Are you saying it's a 368 day calendar?

Enoch seems to think the day added at the end of each quarter is included in the total of a 364 day year:

82:4. Blessed are all the righteous, blessed are all those who walk in the way of righteousness and sin not as the sinners, in the reckoning of all their days in which the sun traverses the heaven, entering into and departing from the portals for thirty days with the heads of thousands of the order of the stars, together with the four which are intercalated which divide the four portions of the year, which lead them and enter with them four days. 5. Owing to them men shall be at fault and not reckon them in the whole reckoning of the year: yea, men shall be at fault, and not recognize them accurately. 6. For they belong to the reckoning of the year and are truly recorded (thereon) for ever, one in the first portal and one in the third, and one in the fourth and one in the sixth, and the year is completed in three hundred and sixty-four days.

10. And these are the names of those who lead them, who watch that they enter at their times, in their orders, in their seasons, in their months, in their periods of dominion, and in their positions. 11. Their four leaders who divide the four parts of the year enter first; and after them the twelve leaders of the orders who divide the months; and for the three hundred and sixty (days) there are heads over thousands who divide the days; and for the four intercalary days there are the leaders which sunder the four parts of the year.​

So, it looks like a 364 day solar calendar to me since he explicitly says so and explains the 4 extra days as being included in his calculation. No doubt, the solar year is not 364 days though.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Are you saying it's a 368 day calendar?"
???

Enoch said: each year is 52 weeks, 7 days in each week, 360 numbered weekdays in year;
4 sabbath "stop", "not numbered", "heads" of the 4 season's days in year, but their number is added to the total of days at the END of each year, making 364 days in a year.
The "parts" of those 4 days (18 parts in each day) are NOT added to the total, when the sabbath days ARE added to the total of days, and counted from equinox to equinox.
Forever, God's calendar is equal and runs in perfect justice.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟231,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I posed the verse that literally says the 4 intercelary days are added to the year in 4 parts. In other words, once a quarter an intercelary day was to be added.

In any case, it still adds up to a solar year of 364 days (82:6), which doesn't line up with the true solar year of 365.24219 days, not to mention this is different from a sidereal year of 365.25636 days. Nor does "Enoch" seem to account for changes in the sun's mass or the tidal torque exerted by the sun on the earth; both of these effect earth's orbit over [extremely] long periods of time. So over an [extremely] long period of time, the book's calendar becomes even more off.

Enoch's solar calendar was flawed and nobody follows it. Not sure what else to say.

I guess I could say this: the book's author recognized the flaw and had a crafty explanation for it. In his mind, the stars are actually angels, and some of those angels transgressed God's command by not showing up at their appointed time (ch 18). In other words, the book sees it's calendar as given by God, so it can't be wrong, therefore it must be that the stars themselves (which he thought were angels) are wrong. And those who don't follow this calendar....? We'll, they seem to be sinners. So if you believe this book is authoritative, I hope you follow it's calendar.

This seems to be a pretty good reason to see it for what it is: a 2nd temple Jewish sectarian work. The stars are masses of gasses, not angels, and as far as I can tell, the solar year has never been perfectly symmetrical 364 days. I fail to see why anyone should take this book to be canonical given a major flaw in it's over-emphasized solar calendar.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yekcidmij: "I posed the verse that literally says the 4 intercelary days are added to the year in 4 parts. In other words, once a quarter an intercelary day was to be added."

Please read Enoch chapters 74, 75 to see the error of your understanding. I'm on iPhone right now and too hard to try copying and pasting for you.
You seem to be trying to use hours and minutes to match with God's revealed perfect calendar that Enoch is given understanding of.
As I said: the year in Gods revealed calendar is equinox to equinox; 52 weeks, 360 days counted with their "parts" sunset to sunset, and 4 stop days not counted with their parts nor named as days of a week, but the number of them, "4", are added to the number of days in a year at year's end. A year is equinox to equinox.
It is a perfect calendar, and as Enoch said, " the years are completed in perfect justice unto eternity". They do not subtract or add a day, but go on year to year, equinox to equinox, as 52 weeks, 360 days, and 4 sabbath "between the calendar" days at the head of each season added as 4 days to the calendar at the end of the year; the parts of the day's are not added. That is why and how the year is completed in perfect justice, equinox to equinox, "unto eternity".
A day to your year is about 24 hours, but Enoch's is 18 parts. 72 parts are never added to Enoch's yearly calendar. They are skipped in the calculation of the year. They are Sabbaths, not days of the week in the year, not counted sunset to sunset as part of the year. The 4 days of them are added to the counted days at the end of the year. They do not get added as 72 parts, or about 96 hours in your thinking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟231,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You seem to be trying to use hours and minutes to match with God's revealed perfect calendar that Enoch is given understanding of.

I take this to refer to our quibbling over 364 or 365.24219 or 365.25636 days. This isn't merely debating over a day/hour/minutes. It's a critical flaw in the books calendar. In "Enoch's" calendar, because it's a 364 day/year calendar, the harvest feasts eventually become.....well, not harvests of anything. Because the actual solar year is 365.2xxxx days long, the calendar doesn't actually align with the orbit of earth around the sun, so over long periods of time the feast days will drift out of alignment with the sun/earth's orbit. This is especially important for agricultural feasts, which rely on the sun for their observance. Eventually, a person observing a harvest feast would wonder why there was nothing to harvest.

It is a perfect calendar, and as Enoch said, " the years are completed in perfect justice unto eternity".

I guess "Enoch" can say that, but in reality his solar calendar is off. And his explanation as to why it's off has proven to be wrong. The stars aren't angels who don't show up at the appointed time according to a 364 day solar calendar. Rather than blaming the flaw on stars who are really rebellious angels refusing to show up at God's appointed time, it's really the book's calendar itself that is to blame. It simply not correct. It was a good effort though; it's only 1.2 days off. And it was a clever explanation as to why it was off (I wouldn't have done any better had I lived in his time).

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I take this to refer to our quibbling over 364 or 365.24219 or 365.25636 days. This isn't merely debating over a day/hour/minutes....
You are not reading what Enoch wrote and "hearing" it: the year begins at spring equinox.
It never varies. There is nothing that changes it year to year.
Enoch shows how to calculate the days of the year by the sun.
The moon has nothing to do with it as to the days of the year being 360 calendar days with4 intercalarydays added to the number at the end of the year.
The years begin with spring equinox.
The moon does not have anything to do with it.
Enoch tells of a cycle of the moon that takes 19 years to return back to the starting point, I think it is, but that has nothing to do with the 360 days, 52 weeks, and 4 added to that at the end of the year as to the number of days.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I take this to refer to our quibbling over 364 or 365.24219 or 365.25636 days. This isn't merely debating over a day/hour/minutes. It's a critical flaw in the books calendar. In "Enoch's" calendar, because it's a 364 day/year calendar, the harvest feasts eventually become.....well, not harvests of anything. Because the actual solar year is 365.2xxxx days long, the calendar doesn't actually align with the orbit of earth around the sun, so over long periods of time the feast days will drift out of alignment with the sun/earth's orbit. This is especially important for agricultural feasts, which rely on the sun for their observance. Eventually, a person observing a harvest feast would wonder why there was nothing to harvest.
There are megaliths around the world which still line up perfectly with celestial events. If the earth is experiencing any drift, 1,000s of years haven't demonstrated it. Your idea of "drift" makes sense as an idea only, but the practical reality of the earth's most recent millennia don't add up to anything significant.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the biggest reasons why 1 Enoch is scripture is because The Lord Yeshua Messiah SPECIFICALLY chose to refer to Himself "As The Son Of Man"

Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
• Revelation 1:12-13

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
• John 3:14

But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified.
• John 12:23

But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic,
• Mark 2:10

But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
• Matthew 9:6

But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
• Luke 5:24

And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
• Mark 8:31

saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.”
• Luke 9:22

and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”
• Acts 7:56

Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
• Mark 14:62

Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
• Matthew 26:64

Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.”
• Luke 22:69

But one testified in a certain place, saying:

“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
You have made him a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.
You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”

For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him.
• Hebrews 2:6-8

What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
For You have made him a little lower than the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
• Psalm 8:4-6

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
• Daniel 7:13

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
• Matthew 12:32

“And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.
• Luke 12:10

He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.
• Matthew 13:37

The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,
• Matthew 13:41

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
• Matthew 25:31

Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”
• Luke 21:36

“And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.
• Luke 12:10

Now Compare that with the References to The Son Of Man in 1 Enoch.

And at that hour that Son of Man was named In the presence of the Lord of Spirits,
And His Name before the Head of Days.

Yea, before the sun and the signs were created,
Before the stars of the heaven were made,
His Name was named before the Lord of Spirits.

He shall be a staff to the righteous whereon to stay themselves and not fall,
And He Shall Be The Light Of The Gentiles,
And The Hope Of Those Who Are Troubled Of Heart.

All Who Dwell On Earth Shall Fall Down And Worship Before Him,

And will praise and bless and celebrate with song the Lord of Spirits.

And for this reason hath He been chosen and hidden before Him,
Before the creation of the world and for evermore.
• 1 Enoch 48:2-6

And from henceforth there shall be nothing corruptible;
For That Son of Man has appeared,
And Has Seated Himself On The Throne Of His Glory,

And all evil shall pass away before His Face,
And the word of that Son of Man shall go forth

And be strong before the Lord of Spirits.
• 1 Enoch 69:29

And there was great joy amongst them,
And they blessed and glorified and extolled
Because the name of that Son of Man had been revealed unto them.

And He Sat On The Throne Of His Glory,
And The Sum of Judgement Was Given Unto The Son Of Man,
And He
caused the sinners to pass away and be destroyed from off the face of the earth,
And those who have led the world astray.
• 1 Enoch 69:26-27

And there I saw One who had a head of days,
And His head was white like wool,
And with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man,
And his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy angels.

And I asked the angel who went with me and showed me all the hidden things, concerning that Son of Man, who He was, and whence He was, (and) why He went with the Head of Days? And he answered and said unto me:
This is The Son Of Man who hath righteousness,
With whom dwelleth righteousness,
And who revealeth all the treasures of that which is hidden,

Because the Lord of Spirits hath chosen Him,
And whose lot hath the pre-eminence before the Lord of Spirits in uprightness for ever.

And this Son of Man whom thou hast seen
Shall raise up the kings and the mighty from their seats,
[And the strong from their thrones]
And shall loosen the reins of the strong,
And break the teeth of the sinners.

And He shall put down the kings from their thrones and kingdoms]
Because they do not extol and praise Him,
Nor humbly acknowledge whence the kingdom was bestowed upon them.
And He shall put down the countenance of the strong,
And shall fill them with shame.

And darkness shall be their dwelling,
And worms shall be their bed,
And they shall have no hope of rising from their beds,
Because they do not extol the name of the Lord of Spirits.

And these are they who judge the stars of heaven,
[And raise their hands against the Most High],
And tread upon the earth and dwell upon it.
And all their deeds manifest unrighteousness,
And their power rests upon their riches,
And their faith is in the gods which they have made with their hands,
And they deny the name of the Lord of Spirits,

And they persecute the houses of His congregations,
And the faithful who hang upon the name of the Lord of Spirits.
• 1 Enoch 46

Books of Enoch

Upvote 0