• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Bipolar Happy Thread (non-manic happy of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the face of A LOT of stress... God blessed me. I spent the most awesome day just being with Gareth. First we worked in my class getting it ready for school. He has really helped me beyond words. Then we went to the beach. It was the best day weather-wise since he's been here. The water was BEAUTIFUL. Loaded with waves and there was a really nice breeze. We played with my sandbuckets. Yes, I, a 36 year old woman, have sand toys. We just had the best time playing in the sand and surf. Then we went to dinner at a friends house and were blessed by the fellowship of a godly couple and their spritely little girl.

In the midst of the current storms... I found peace today with the man I love. How much more happy can you get? :bow:

Upvote 0

Aussie_Gareth

Making the effort
Apr 20, 2004
LEFT CF FOR GOOD
✟276.00
Faith
Christian
Happy thought for the day... well I'm in Korea right now on the way back to Australia, and yet Australia isn't home to me anymore, it's where ever Lori is that I call home. Another happy thought, well I'm looking forward to the next time we can visit each other, I'm really pushing for a maui summer vacation next yr hmmm Maui.

I think that's all the happy thoughts I can muster right now, just sitting here waiting for my connecting flight :(

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My big happy for the day?

I'm not worried or depressed. God used the last few days of Gareth's trip to lay a foundation of peace in me. Gareth helped me deal with all the stress of Teacher Orientation Week in so many large and small ways. While I don't have my lessons planned for the next 2 weeks, the structural organization of my room is in place and I'm not stressing out anymore about not being "ready" for Monday.

I'm also not worried about Gareth's plane crashing. I didn't realize how exceedingly paranoid I am until this summer. Some of it springs from the fact that really bizare stuff happens to me quite regularly... but that's no excuse. I can live in fear and paranoia or be still as Gareth continually reminded me. His plane hasn't crashed yet (nice post by the way Sweetie)... and it's not going to crash. :) He will live to breath another day. :)

I'm actually not depressed because he's gone. I'm sad... but I'm not turning into Bipolar Girl. The Psalmist says that there is a time and place for everything. We had our season together and it ended better than it started. We will have memories of playing in the sand at the beach, working together in my classroom, and hanging out having dinner with our friends to keep us warm and happy these upcoming months.

Ok. That was a long one. Since school starts on Monday I don't anticipate writing long journals or posts. I just wanted to have a long one to refer back to next week when the stress gets kicked up a notch.

God has been God to me... even in the midsts of all my drama. :bow:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.