USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It started in the Garden, and its only gotten worse. Spend 5 minutes on CF, and you will see it, and in every other post. It's in every thread I read.

It's the blame game. It's the refusal to accept personal responsibility for one's actions.

Q: What does the Bible have to say about accepting personal responsibility and shirking it?

Last edited:

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It started in the Garden, and its only gotten worse. Spend 5 minutes on CF, and you will see it, and in every other post.

It's the blame game. It's the refusal to accept personal responsibility for one's actions.

Q: What does the Bible have to say about accepting personal responsibility and shirking it?
It's hard to use the Bible to explain to everyone because not everyone follows it. And that I believe is what's wrong with the world today: A very small minority follows the Bible.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's hard to use the Bible to explain to everyone because not everyone follows it. And that I believe is what's wrong with the world today: A very small minority follows the Bible.

"Follows the Bible" is very broad. Could you narrow that down a bit?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
All I know is John 8:32 has been a life changer for me. When you stop and take truth for what it is instead of making excuses, life actually gets a lot easier.

When I gave up my self-righteousness in favor of Christ's, I was finally free to admit my sin and weakness. That was indeed freeing.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, yes, sorry. I mean follow God basically. And follow the Christian life we are called to live.

Many, if not all, Christians, and even some non-Christians would claim that they already do that.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some here will say that everything that happens has been predestined by God. If that were the case, then how can one be held responsible for what one was caused to do by predestination? (EDIT: some here hold men responsible for what Adam did also.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Many, if not all, Christians, and even some non-Christians would claim that they already do that.
True. But thats the problem. We all fall. The main problem at its source is just as you said, the first sin. Many claim they follow God and some don't, some do. You don't truly know unless you just personally analyze yourself and not try to delve into everyone else's lives and see if they are really following God or not.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It started in the Garden, and its only gotten worse. Spend 5 minutes on CF, and you will see it, and in every other post. It's in every thread I read.

In my opinion what started in the garden was eating living creatures for meat. Killing innocent creatures cruelly and getting daily life from them. The book of genesis indicates that herb and fruit are good for meat.

Then the fall and institution of burnt offerings and eating of meat from animals.

Then Jesus comes and says of the New Testament, bread this is my body, and fruit wine, this is my blood.

So if your right, then original sin is hurting things to get your daily needs.

Technically the bible says repent and make peace with your brother before offering your gift at the altar.

HTH :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion what started in the garden was eating living creatures for meat. Killing innocent creatures cruelly and getting daily life from them. The book of genesis indicates that herb and fruit are good for meat.

Then the fall and institution of burnt offerings and eating of meat from animals.

Then Jesus comes and says of the New Testament, bread this is my body, and fruit wine, this is my blood.

Technically the bible says repent and make peace with your brother before offering your gift at the altar.

Not trying to sound argumentative and looking for a debate, but technically what started in the garden is exactly what was stated. He even said you can eat anything in the garden but do not eat of the tree of life and knowledge in the middle. That was an apple, not a living creature. It's very specific. Just thought I should clear this up

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not trying to sound argumentative and looking for a debate, but technically what started in the garden is exactly what was stated. He even said you can eat anything in the garden but do not eat of the tree of life and knowledge in the middle. That was an apple, not a living creature. It's very specific. Just thought I should clear this up

Not arguing, but asking, I thought it said not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Was it an apple?

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟200,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The solution to "The Biggest Problem in the World Today"

Two Words: "Follow Me"

• Matthew 4:19
  • Luke 5:27
  • John 10:27
  • John 14:6
  • John 21:19
Learning to be a disciple of Jesus and doing by example:
  • Titus 2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

I'll check my vegan study bible to see if you are correct. . . Nope. You're wrong. A&E's sin had nothing to do with eating spare ribs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟200,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God is not with us when we fail to accept personal responsibility.
  • Joshua 7:12

Upvote 0

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Was it an apple?
Okay, I apologize. That seems to be what everyone characterizes it as so I made a mistake. It does say the fruit. Whether that was an apple, I don't know. But it surely is not an animal. God gave us animals for food and to take care of them, even though in the Old Testament He put strict laws on that. But now we can freely eat of anything because Jesus paid the ultimate price.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I apologize. That seems to be what everyone characterizes it as so I made a mistake. It does say the fruit. Whether that was an apple, I don't know. But it surely is not an animal. God gave us animals for food and to take care of them, even though in the Old Testament He put strict laws on that. But now we can freely eat of anything because Jesus paid the ultimate price.

No worries. We've all called it an apple, haven't we? It may well have been, or it may have not be a physical fruit. I don't really think it matters.

Reactions: RGW00
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0