The bible says to not strain at a gnat, but a parable is not a gnat ;)

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Do not boil/cook the kid in it's mother's milk.
The Karaite Jews do not believe that one cannot eat diary and meat together as other sects of Jews do. They say that God's Word meant just what it said. It is thought that the above practice was something done by pagans.
The Karaites disobey Deuteronomy 17:8-13, which gives authority to the religious leaders to interpret the law.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
In New England, when we cook meat or pork, or chicken or fish, if there are leftovers, we leave it on the stove in the pan and eat it again the next day for lunch. If we haven't eaten it by the end of the next day, we throw it out.
That's very nice. It has absolutely nothing to do with clean meats being healthier than unclean meats. They both spoil at roughly the same rate.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's very nice. It has absolutely nothing to do with clean meats being healthier than unclean meats.

Except Asians have the highest life expectancy and they tend to eat lots of "unclean" animals so the more healthy argument falls flat.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Except Asians have the highest life expectancy and they tend to eat lots of "unclean" animals so the more healthy argument falls flat.
Asians eat a LOT of vegetables. At any rate, it was MY point that clean animals are not healthier, so thanks for backing me up.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Karaites disobey Deuteronomy 17:8-13, which gives authority to the religious leaders to interpret the law.
The schools of Hillel and Shammai did not always agree. There is not always agreement between the Ultra-Orthodox, the Orthodox, the Reformed, the Karaite.

Who do you say the leaders are?

There are no more priests, levites, or appointed judges.

Reactions: Propianotuner
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
= At any rate, it was MY point that clean animals are not healthier, so thanks for backing me up.

It appeared you were claiming clean animals were healthier to eat.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The schools of Hillel and Shammai did not always agree. There is not always agreement between the Ultra-Orthodox, the Orthodox, the Reformed, the Karaite.

Who do you say the leaders are?

There are no more priests, levites, or appointed judges.
Hillel and Shammai agreed that you needed to follow Deuteronomy 17:8-13. So do the Orthodox and Conservative. The Reform don't even follow Torah.

Originally the leaders were the Levites and the 70 elders (judges). The historical successors to the judges are the rabbis. In Jesus day and today, the 70 are made up of Rabbis.

If you think there are no more Levites or Priests, you are sadly mistaken. They know who they are, and have last names that set them apart. The priests have a special blessing, the Birkat Kohanim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pigs are perfectly healthy to eat, so long as they are cooked right.
Have you ever tried pork cooked medium rare or even medium? No of course not. Me either.

Pigs eat their own feces. That pretty much ruled them out for ancient healthy choices.

Just as shellfish from warm Mediterranean waters ruminating in the silt at the mouth of the Nile. Not healthy.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hillel and Shammai agreed that you needed to follow Deuteronomy 17:8-13. So do the Orthodox and Conservative. The Reform don't even follow Torah.

Originally the leaders were the Levites and the 70 elders (judges). The historical successors to the judges are the rabbis. In Jesus day and today, the 70 are made up of Rabbis.

If you think there are no more Levites or Priests, you are sadly mistaken. They know who they are, and have last names that set them apart. The priests have a special blessing, the Birkat Kohanim.
I suggest you take it up with the experts among the Karaites. I'm sure they can handle whatever accusations you bring against them. Here is Nehemia Gordon's contact info. He's a good one to talk to. His father is an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi, as was his grandfather as each generation before that. Nehemia was being trained to be a Rabbi too, except he kept asking where different teachings were in the Tanach and finding out they weren't there. He's rather a Jewish Berean.
http://www.nehemiaswall.com/contact

Upvote 0