Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jupiter and I will be forming a convent, but it'll be a fun convent that allows alcohol, un-nun dress policy, etc. Actually, the convent will be more like a strict sorority house. It'll be fun though. We'll invite monks to do outings with us. Then once us nuns decide to leave the convent, we'll marry the monks because they're single, too. Brilliant idea.

It sounds cult-ish.

I'm scared....

Move to Australia.

I dunno. They seem to hate just about every kinds of foreigner out there who moves into their country. Plus, I need to master their accent, or else they'll hate me more.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It sounds cult-ish.

I'm scared....

I dunno. They seem to hate just about every kinds of foreigner out there who moves into their country. Plus, I need to master their accent, or else they'll hate me more.

Fair Dinkum. If you want a bloke to Crack onto you, you better learn the Ridgey-Didge method of speaking Australian or London to a brick, you'll be on a Walkabout in the Outback with a Bunyip.

It would also be advantageous to learn their slang lingo, as every Aussie I know speaks it.

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fair Dinkum. If you want a bloke to Crack onto you, you better learn the Ridgey-Didge method of speaking Australian or London to a brick, you'll be on a Walkabout in the Outback with a Bunyip.

It would also be advantageous to learn their slang lingo, as every Aussie I know speaks it.

All I saw was the word 'Crack' and knew that you were on to something....

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
All I saw was the word 'Crack' and knew that you were on to something....

Australian slang dictionary

Now you can learn Australian slang the easy way, still need the accent, that's the hard part... you have to be careful or you will sound Kentish (Kent, England, UK) and muck it all up.

(I have some customers who moved here from Australia and some from Kent, it's fun watching my coworkers try to tell their accents apart, I know them both now, Also the ones from London, Yorkshire, and New Zealand they sound different when they speak long enough, but similar on a quick pass)

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Australian slang dictionary

Now you can learn Australian slang the easy way, still need the accent, that's the hard part... you have to be careful or you will sound Kentish (Kent, England, UK) and muck it all up.

(I have some customers who moved here from Australia and some from Kent, it's fun watching my coworkers try to tell their accents apart, I know them both now, Also the ones from London, Yorkshire, and New Zealand they sound different when they speak long enough, but similar on a quick pass)

This is interesting. Finally, I know that some of their 'insults' are not really insults as we take it here.

Upvote 0

Jess7737

Jun 8, 2013
Alabama
✟7,730.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Its easy to find any mate but finding the one that is Godly, NOT a creeper, or has his head up on mars. Its much easier to fine crazies then it is to find actual sane Godly men. Yes I know Christians are not sane we are not of this world, lol just kidding! But, finding one crazy for Jesus is the hard part. They just need to be crazy about the right things in life, and sane in others. LOL jk I'm so rambling.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
best way to find mates?
its actually a sin to seek a mate as paul writes(not to mention its better to remain single)
But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I.(1 Corinthians 7:8)

But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, and his interests are divided. The woman who is unmarried, and the virgin, is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband. 1 Corinthians 6:32-35

moreover should should you fall in love with unlike the roman catholic church which allows divorce, true Christianity does not allow divorce if you divorce then it is considered adultery

OK. 1) That passage of scripture does not say it's a sin to be married. It merely says we have to work harder to please Christ, because we have a family and Christ to honor. It says that such is a sacred duty and not one to be taken on lightly.

Keep going and Paul says that it was Paul not the Spirit wishing that all men may remain unmarried.

2)If all Christians refused to marry, then Christians would die out do to lack of reproducing.

3) What about the other Pauline passages that deal with Family? Such as Col 3:19-21 which talks about the roll of Christian Wives, Husbands and Children?

4)Divorce is permissible in cases of abuse and sexual deception(Matt 19). Unless you are a whacko who thinks it's ok for a man to beat the crap out of his wife on a daily basis you have to admit that was not what God designed marriage for. This is what I've been taught even in the most conservative churches I've been in.

5) If your true "Christian church" does teach that people must stay in that type of situation, count me as not one of your kind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder... what kind of strange magic might happen when a male creep finds a female creep?

Those couples that suddenly decide they need couple friends so they stalk other couples they know and try to bribe them with tickets to things

Upvote 0