Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems like we are going straight back into wackadoodle land.

Hey, you don't like "word salad."

Be careful what you ask for.

You just might get it.

You wanna know if God is male or female, then get confused when He calls himself "He"?

Who's the one in wackadoodle land?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dogs are like: This person feeds me, waters me, pets me. They must be God.

Cats are like: This person feeds me, waters me, pets me. I must be God.

That's funny!

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hey, you don't like "word salad."

Be careful what you ask for.

You just might get it.

You wanna know if God is male or female, then get confused when He calls himself "He"?
That wasn't the question.

Let's make this simple
1. Do souls have a gender?
2. if souls have a gender, isn't it possible for the soul to be in the wrong gendered body?
3. If souls inheret the gender from the body, then what gender is god when he is not in Jesus human body?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
C'mon now.

Let's not play games.
You don't have to answer my questions, that's fine. In actuallity I was having a discussion with someone else. I'm happy for you to join in, but you don't have to. I'm just trying to understand that particular poster's position on a couple things about Christianity that confuse me. Was hoping it could be cleared up.

Your answer doesn't help clarify anything. I already know most Christians believe their god to be male.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't have to answer my questions, that's fine. In actuallity I was having a discussion with someone else. I'm happy for you to join in, but you don't have to. I'm just trying to understand that particular poster's position on a couple things about Christianity that confuse me. Was hoping it could be cleared up.

Your answer doesn't help clarify anything. I already know most Christians believe their god to be male.

Fair enough.

I'll bow out of the conversation.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A unicorn, to demonstrate there really is a point to it all.
We might also ponder on why the vast majority of representations of Jesus have him looking like this.

download (3).jpeg

We've seen enough pictures of people from the West Bank recently to think 'Surely some mistake there...'

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We might also ponder on why the vast majority of representations of Jesus have him looking like this.

Some think -- (as do I) -- Michelangelo was gay.

• Informative
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

View attachment 343006

We've seen enough pictures of people from the West Bank recently to think 'Surely some mistake there...'
Surely you realize that Arabs arrived in the region of the West Bank through conquest many centuries after the Jewish diaspora. Plus, I'm of English ethnicity and my church's deacon, a Syrian born and raised in Damascus, Syria, is whiter than I am.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,112.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If we are playing the "Surely you realise" game, then, surely you realise genetic studies reveal that modern Palestinians share genetic continuity with Bronze-Age Levantine populations and exhibit similarity with both contemporary Jewish and Arab-speaking Levantine groups. Wikipedia

• Winner
Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we are playing the "Surely you realise" game, then, surely you realise genetic studies reveal that modern Palestinians share genetic continuity with Bronze-Age Levantine populations and exhibit similarity with both contemporary Jewish and Arab-speaking Levantine groups. Wikipedia

Of course they would.

Noah → Ham → Mizraim (the Egyptians) → Casluhim → Philistim (Philistines) → Palestinians

Genesis 10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city.
13 And
Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
14 And Pathrusim, and
Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you want to know the skin tone of the ancient Jews, you could always read their history book, what we call the Old Testament. And without knowing any science I would have surmised that they share genetics from the story of Issac and Ishmael.

If you read the New Testament, you'll know that there were Arabs present in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost, but they were not the dominant population.

And if you read the Islamic hadiths, you'll discover that Muhammad was a very white man, much praised for his whiteness. Here's a photo of his 34th grandson:

1708459417334.png

So to suggest that Jesus couldn't be fair-skinned is against the evidence.

Having said that, I should also mention that I don't much care for artwork which portrays Jesus looking like a white-skinned rock star. It's not a part of my church's tradition, which usually does portray him as a little darker skinned.

One last quibble: there's no such thing as a Palestinian.

• Informative
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Surely you realize that Arabs arrived in the region of the West Bank through conquest many centuries after the Jewish diaspora. Plus, I'm of English ethnicity and my church's deacon, a Syrian born and raised in Damascus, Syria, is whiter than I am.
I guess he was descended from all those conquerers. But I think you're missing the point. Perhaps this will help:

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I guess he was descended from all those conquerers. But I think you're missing the point. Perhaps this will help:

Since Santa Claus originated in Western Europe a long time ago, he would definitely be white, so I guess I am missing the point.

Plus he lives at the North Pole where you spend most of your time indoors and so don't need a lot of melanin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0