Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
A) I think that Trump could win in 2020. He is really, really good at campaigning. Also, the Dems will be in a bitter campaign fight and will likely choose someone of the left. They could easily beat Trump with someone from the center-left.

B) The House will spend January 2019 through the 2020 election with over a hundred investigations of Trump, his campaign, his transition, his companies, his family and his cabinet. Impeachment will be a side issue, and won't matter much.

C) For now, I presume that the Democrats will have a majority in the House and the Republicans the majority in the Senate.

D) Trump will get lots "done" in the next year and a half. Of course, almost none of this will be issues that require legislation. Lots of court justices will be appointed. Trade deals will be made, The tariff fights will continue. The battle against immigrants and refugees will continue. Deregulation will continue.

E) There will be fights at least a couple times a year when debt limit increases or appropriations are needed. This is when compromises can happen (probably on the wall and immigration). There will be a government shut down or two or more.

F) After another year, Trump will decide whether it is worth running again, or whether he wants to spend his time protecting his family and fortunes. Much MAY depend on other Republicans. Trump can force his nomination, but not their support. Republicans may understand that they can indeed afford to lose the presidency (for 4 years) as long as they control the Senate. By January 2021, their Court victories will seal the fate of the judiciary (SCOTUS and lower courts) for many decades. The change in the tax code can't be changed without the Senate. Republicans won't get anything meaningful in legislation with Trump as president and a Democratic House. As an aside, the Republicans could easily lose their Senate majority in 2020 if Trump heads he ticket.

G) Democrats would find it difficult to beat Hailey-Kasick in 2020 or 2024, or even Rubio with one of these two. The open secret is that Hispanics are likely to be Republicans in lots of jurisdictions.
How does that relate to the OP?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Wow. That went off topic quick.

I guess we need a new Godwin’s Law. Every thread started in American Politics, regardless of the topic, will eventually turn into the bashing of Trump.

100% correct! I have never seen a Obama, Hillary, or Soros American Politics derail ever because Republicans always take the high ground…

;)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
100% correct! I have never seen a Obama, Hillary, or Soros American Politics derail ever because Republicans always take the high ground…

;)
That’s not whataboutism, is it? :D

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They keep using that phrase. I don’t think it means what they think it means.

What profit is there if a man tries to gain the entire world, but loses his soul in the process? He might say he is the greatest president of all time. I would not trust his word.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What profit is there if a man tries to gain the entire world, but loses his soul in the process? He might say he is the greatest president of all time. I would not trust his word.
Mkay. What does that have to do with the OP?

Upvote 0

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What was the point of the OP? Is the end near or must we suffer longer?

The point of the video is that people are assuming Trump will one day be taken down by any of the controversies he has stepped into. But he isn't. Which is amazing in and of itself.

The fact that he has not been politically harmed by any action that he has done but which would destroy any other president is the thing we should learn from this.

Hammster posted a video noting how many times Trump's demise has been predicted yet it has not happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So you're not going to tell us what the point of the OP is or why it has Trump in the title if it wasn't about Trump? :scratch:
Well, Trump was mentioned, so I guess that means that anything anyone wants to say about Trump, regardless of whether or not it relates to the OP, should be allowed.

Or, and I think this is a good idea, folks could watch the video if they’re like to comment, and then makes comments about said video.

Personally, I don’t watch videos if they are the OP. But I also don’t comment on them just because I saw a word in the title.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, Trump was mentioned, so I guess that means that anything anyone wants to say about Trump, regardless of whether or not it relates to the OP, should be allowed.

Or, and I think this is a good idea, folks could watch the video if they’re like to comment, and then makes comments about said video.

Personally, I don’t watch videos if they are the OP. But I also don’t comment on them just because I saw a word in the title.

Thank you for finally clarifying your posting.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The point of the video is that people are assuming Trump will one day be taken down by any of the controversies he has stepped into. But he isn't. Which is amazing in and of itself.

The fact that he has not been politically harmed by any action that he has done but which would destroy any other president is the thing we should learn from this.

Hammster posted a video noting how many times Trump's demise has been predicted yet it has not happened.
Trump is down in the opinion polls. Some of his friends from the 2016 campaign have done jail time. Manafort is sick and can not get special medical treatment, or health food. Trump’s attorney Cohen is advising people to vote Democrat. You should know a president can not hide from God.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

This has been an ongoing joke for a long time

The+end+of+trump_d927b1_5910326.jpg

:muahah:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I honestly believe they felt it was true at first. There is such a movement to remove Trump, and every attempt known has been made to derail him; they actually thought they had an 'Ah Ha' moment. The craiset part of this for me is how the vast majority of news outlets that will parrot the exact same news cast verbatim across the country. Then late night talk, hollywood, and even DC elites will make the same talking points, all in concert without skipping a beat.

I think, for me, this is one of the reasons I took the comments Nancy Pelosi made about the Wrap up Smear so seriously. Because to be completely honest this is well known to go on, and is part of the reasoning for distrust in the media.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I think it’s all sensationalism. If it bleeds, it leads. So these networks want folks to watch. What’s more exciting than the premature end of the Trump administration?

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nah, if the Democrats take the house, no such dirty tricks will be necessary.

I wasn't implying they wouldn't find legitimate wrongdoing.
I mean, given the past 2 years I know it would be a stretch to imagine that any of Trump's hand-picked associates are doing anything wrong, but just go with it for now :)

Upvote 0