Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know I am very careful not to call anyone that, I preach the 'sermon' and put what I find in scripture or I feel is given. But in the spirit of harmony and brotherly love I will 'rein in my sermons' and take out the word 'apostasy' from my vocabulary, so we can study the issues you have with the writings. However lets do it in a seperate thread so its clean...

Alright. Please let whoever needs to know that I remove my report.

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tall, lets take it as a whole, each of the writings, chapter at a time and when we get to the issues lets look at them with open minds. That seems fair, what do you think....

As nice as it sounds I don't think Red can study EGW's writings with an open mind. This entire thread as well as the three legged stool of apostasy is based upon Red's assumption that EGW is a prophet, is the testimony of Jesus and is the Spirit of Prophecy.

To have an open mind one would have to be able to say this person is not a prophet and the other say this person may be a prophet. It is far easier to be convinced someone is a prophet then to be convinced that someone you believe is a prophet is not a prophet. If you have ever talked to a Mormon you know that it matters little what you say about Joseph Smith they won't believe it anyway.

Only if Red can give some assurance he has an open mind will there be any reason to go over anything EGW has written.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,007.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As nice as it sounds I don't think Red can study EGW's writings with an open mind. This entire thread as well as the three legged stool of apostasy is based upon Red's assumption that EGW is a prophet, is the testimony of Jesus and is the Spirit of Prophecy.

To have an open mind one would have to be able to say this person is not a prophet and the other say this person may be a prophet. It is far easier to be convinced someone is a prophet then to be convinced that someone you believe is a prophet is not a prophet. If you have ever talked to a Mormon you know that it matters little what you say about Joseph Smith they won't believe it anyway.

Only if Red can give some assurance he has an open mind will there be any reason to go over anything EGW has written.

But RC,
You know I will go over just about anything spiritual, but say 'Ellen White' and some people act like the Spanish Inquisition just came through the front door....

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Red and I have agreed to a discussion on chapter 28 of the GC, and to my issues with the Investigative Judgment. This will not be happening in the Adventist section, but elsewhere, at my suggestion, so there are no claims that I am trying to win converts. Red has also asked, and I have agreed, to allow him to have others that he knows participate. That is fine.

I don't anticipate a long discussion, but hope it is fruitful. It may be a while before this happens, and we may be giving more details later.

Thanks Red for agreeing to look at the issues.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well we have a number of options. So far I have suggested a place on CF but not here. But we will get back to you.

But given your previous statements, you might want to study the Bible through first and then decide these things later.

Just a suggestion though.

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Well we have a number of options. So far I have suggested a place on CF but not here. But we will get back to you.

But given your previous statements, you might want to study the Bible through first and then decide these things later.

Just a suggestion though.
I do still hold to the fact I want to know my Bible, but I don't think there'll be any harm in at least reading along with a discussion like this one. :) At the very least it may give me an idea of what I need to focus my study on in this area when I'm reading.

And no problem. Just let me know. I have a board that's pretty much dead, so it's good for studies that are looking for a more selected list of participants, rather than anyone jumping in. ;)

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But RC,
You know I will go over just about anything spiritual, but say 'Ellen White' and some people act like the Spanish Inquisition just came through the front door....

Actually that means very little. I asked you many questions on the sinless perfection thread and you pretended (to put the best face on it I can) that you did not even know you were being asked questions. The questions were repeated and you still did not answer them.

But then my post was about you being open minded, I still don't see anything in your response that makes me think you will be open minded. If I was to psychoanalyze your statement it is probably an attack upon anyone that does not accept your view of EGW. Thus in your opinion they act as aggressors with no morals, purposeful enemies of God.

But hey that is spiritual isn't it. The people who burnt witches at the stake were spiritual their trials were discussed spiritually too. So you can see why your answer rather then impress me distresses me.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,007.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually that means very little. I asked you many questions on the sinless perfection thread and you pretended (to put the best face on it I can) that you did not even know you were being asked questions. The questions were repeated and you still did not answer them.

But then my post was about you being open minded, I still don't see anything in your response that makes me think you will be open minded. If I was to psychoanalyze your statement it is probably an attack upon anyone that does not accept your view of EGW. Thus in your opinion they act as aggressors with no morals, purposeful enemies of God.

But hey that is spiritual isn't it. The people who burnt witches at the stake were spiritual their trials were discussed spiritually too. So you can see why your answer rather then impress me distresses me.

RC,

Be honest RC, you pretended to ask 'questions', but they were really statements which only served your purpose. You know if you ask a fair question I will answer it and in fact did ask you and you dodged with posted quotes so I had to guess at what you wanted to ask.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,007.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey neat...Can I join in? :)

I may still be really new to this stuff, including EGW..but I'd love to join just the same.

Where's it going to be? I may know of a place if you want it off CF and very quiet.

Yes, I would not mind if its alright with Tall...
..lets see if we can start on Saturday night after Sabbath so we can bring any additional materials as needed on Sunday evening/night.

Red:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I would not mind if its alright with Tall...
..lets see if we can start on Saturday night after Sabbath so we can bring any additional materials as needed on Sunday evening/night.

Red:wave:
Cool. ^_^ I've never been part of something like this before.

Upvote 0