Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wish real fashion would come back instead of everyone just wearing ‘comfort’ clothing everywhere. I’ve been dressing in ‘real’ clothes the past few months & am happier for it. I used to not care about what I wear b/c I thought no one looks at me anyways, but it’s good to dress good. It wasn’t that long ago everyone used to dress in ‘real’ clothes. Then something changed not that long ago.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've just finished putting up new shelves for my nail polish! :blush:

20231013_145736.jpg

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wish real fashion would come back instead of everyone just wearing ‘comfort’ clothing everywhere. I’ve been dressing in ‘real’ clothes the past few months & am happier for it. I used to not care about what I wear b/c I thought no one looks at me anyways, but it’s good to dress good. It wasn’t that long ago everyone used to dress in ‘real’ clothes. Then something changed not that long ago.

I'm guilty of wearing comfy clothes. I wear them at my job, I wear them at home, I wear them when I go out.

I used to put effort into my appearance when I weighed less. That was when I could fit into styles I like.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm guilty of wearing comfy clothes. I wear them at my job, I wear them at home, I wear them when I go out.

I used to put effort into my appearance when I weighed less. That was when I could fit into styles I like.
May I suggest exploring a new sense of style? Is there a particular style you've always wanted to try out?

I got my hair cut today. It had grown out and was getting on my nerves. I don't know what it is about my hair when it reaches a certain length, but it starts falling out.
How long is your hair? How often do you wash your hair? How do you dry your hair? What kind of products do you use in the shower? How often do you brush/comb it? How do you style it?

There are several reasons why it might appear that your hair falls out more as it grows longer, but the primary factor is most likely related to hair maintenance. Shorter hair requires different maintenance than longer hair. If you use the same techniques regardless of your hair length, it's going to have different effects. Your hair goes through a continuous growth and shedding cycle -> Anagen (the growth phase), Catagen (a transitional phase with slower growth and shrinking follicles), and Telogen (the phase where older hair naturally sheds to make way for new growth in the Anagen phase). Since all your hair follicles are in different stages of this cycle, the average person typically loses around 85 hairs per day.

However, if you don't properly care for your hair, such as combing, washing, and preventing tangling throughout the day and night, it may seem like more hair is falling out when you brush or wash it. In reality, the number of hairs shedding remains constant. Except in cases where you're actually pulling your hair out by brushing or combing from the roots to the ends, instead of the ends to the roots. This can cause hair to snag and break, typically not from the root, resulting in the frustrating appearance of "flyaways". This happens much less with shorter hair, as it tangles less.

For example, many men maintain shorter hair, which usually requires more frequent trimming and naturally removes/prevents split ends. This regular maintenance, coupled with shorter hair, minimizes tangles, making it easier to comb and brush. When towel-drying their hair, men typically drape a towel over their hair and roughing rub the towel all over their head to expedite the drying process. This contrasts with the salon experience of women ( which may be fresh in your mind ). In a salon, stylists tend to use gentler techniques for drying, like "patting" or "squishing" to dry the hair, avoiding the rough rubbing motion that can lead to tangling and subsequent damage in longer hair. You shouldn't roughly rub longer hair, or it'll cause problems.

If you notice increased hair loss only as your hair grows longer, and not when it's shorter, it's likely due to a maintenance issue which can be remedied by changing up your hair care routine. But if you prefer shorter hair, then it's not problem because you can always just cut your hair to the desired length and continue your usual routine.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
May I suggest exploring a new sense of style? Is there a particular style you've always wanted to try out?

I would like to wear some of the 90s clothes styles that have come back. But I would have to lose a lot of weight.

I used to wear clothes from Hot Topic when I was in high school and college. No satanic symbols, but they used to have cute, edgy, alternative clothes that weren't offensive.

I was big on expressing myself when I was young.

How long is your hair?

I cut it short; a little longer than the pixie cut.

How often do you wash your hair? How do you dry your hair? What kind of products do you use in the shower?

I wash it either every other day, or I wash it on the 3rd day. This is probably strange, but I use body wash on my hair. I quit using shampoo because it made my hair oily too quick. I already suffer from natural oily hair.

How do you dry your hair?

I go over it with a towel, then let the rest dry by itself.

How often do you brush/comb it? How do you style it?

Probably about 2-3 times.

I don't do anything fancy with my hair. I just brush it. Any sticking out parts, I use water or I wear a hat for a little bit.

I did not know that about the hair maintenance. Maybe I am maintaining it wrong. I thought it was falling out because of my health or stress.

But I do love having shorter hair. It's so much easier to take care of and it's so much lighter on my head. When it reaches a certain length, the weight starts bothering me and I can't get it styled right to feel better.

• Friendly
Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would like to wear some of the 90s clothes styles that have come back. But I would have to lose a lot of weight.

I used to wear clothes from Hot Topic when I was in high school and college. No satanic symbols, but they used to have cute, edgy, alternative clothes that weren't offensive.

I was big on expressing myself when I was young.
I just got flashbacks to Tripp pants! Maybe figuring out your body shape and then looking up some styles that match it? I think that could be helpful!
I cut it short; a little longer than the pixie cut.
Ooo, pretty short! Sounds cute though!

I wash it either every other day, or I wash it on the 3rd day. This is probably strange, but I use body wash on my hair. I quit using shampoo because it made my hair oily too quick. I already suffer from natural oily hair.
Seems like you've just been using the wrong shampoo for your hair. You might want to think about saving up for a quality shampoo, not something you can find at the regular stores. Those ones are loaded with all sorts of unnecessary stuff that just messes up your hair. Leaves tons of crap in it that causes all manner of issues. You might think it's a splurge, but trust me, a good shampoo goes a looong way. You only need a tiny amount, like a dime or a quarter, to get your hair all clean and fresh. Shampoo's are not created equal, so make sure it's the right one for your hair, especially your scalp, where the oil's causing all the trouble.

If greasy hair's your issue, you gotta follow the shampoo instructions, which most folks overlook. You need to shampoo twice, especially if you're dealing with the oil slick situation. And make sure the shampoo gets on your scalp before you start making bubbles. A lot of people just slap it on their hair and start rubbing it in or create a foam party on their palms before they apply it, but the key is to start at the roots (scalp) and lather from there. You want to make sure it's not turning to foam before it at least gets to the scalp first. If you part your hair in the shower and apply it directly to your scalp, then start massaging/lathering with your fingertips ( no nails, avoid scratching, ain't no need for that ), then you'll notice your hair is much cleaner.

And some people use body wash on their hair, and that's not super weird or uncommon. But it's not meant for your hair. It has a different pH balance, more alkaline, while your hair needs a more acidic formula to get clean and stay healthy. Body wash tends to dry out and damage your hair, which might be why it's giving you issues, especially when it's longer. More damage equals more knots, tangles, and hair falling out.

For now, if it's working for you, no need to stress out about trying something new. But if you swing by a local salon store like Ulta or Sephora and tell them you need a solid shampoo for oily hair, they'll hook you up with some options and you can get the lowdown on prices and what works best.

Lately, I've been digging the Color Wow products, so if they've got something for oily hair in-store, give it a shot. You might be pleasantly surprised!

I go over it with a towel, then let the rest dry by itself.
That's probably okay since you have a pixie cut, but if your hair is 4/5 inches or longer, your going to want to be gentle with how you dry it. Patting/squishing vs. rubbing a towel over it. You wanna avoid getting it knotted.

Probably about 2-3 times.

I don't do anything fancy with my hair. I just brush it. Any sticking out parts, I use water or I wear a hat for a little bit.
You're hair seems short enough for a comb, I would suggest trying to use combs instead of a brush. Though, I would suggest everyone use a comb regardless of their hair length, however most people don't have time to comb due to hair length.

I did not know that about the hair maintenance. Maybe I am maintaining it wrong. I thought it was falling out because of my health or stress.

But I do love having shorter hair. It's so much easier to take care of and it's so much lighter on my head. When it reaches a certain length, the weight starts bothering me and I can't get it styled right to feel better.
It very well could be health or stress related, but I'm leaning towards not. If it was health or stress related, you would find that it would be falling out the same amount regardless of the length. If it only seems to 'fall out' more when it's longer, then it's a maintenance issue.

And I understand that! Besides, pixie cuts are super cute!

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been enjoying having long hair, but it just feels so limp and lifeless some days... Reeaaaaallly debating cutting it short in December to celebrate my graduation. Thoughts? Should I celebrate my 1989 era?
It could be a nice change of pace! Plus, it grows back so no harm no foul!

Reactions: TheRealAriel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Men, you are welcome to contribute.

Oh okay, cool. ^-^
Well, I actually went through a procedure yesterday at the spa called a hydrascalp, which was basically like power-washing your scalp to treat problems such as chronic itchiness there and keep encouraging hair growth in an age range where men commonly start losing their hair, which I always feared. I am a big fan of having all the hair on my head, and none on my face. ^_^
When I started doing all these spa-type treatments, such as manicures, laser hair removal sessions for the face, and now this hydrascalp thing, a few years ago, our former member here Miss @bèlla had shown her approval and said that I was "being beautified in good company". :angel:

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh okay, cool. ^-^
Well, I actually went through a procedure yesterday at the spa called a hydrascalp, which was basically like power-washing your scalp to treat problems such as chronic itchiness there and keep encouraging hair growth in an age range where men commonly start losing their hair, which I always feared. I am a big fan of having all the hair on my head, and none on my face. ^_^
When I started doing all these spa-type treatments, such as manicures, laser hair removal sessions for the face, and now this hydrascalp thing, a few years ago, our former member here Miss @bèlla had shown her approval and said that I was "being beautified in good company". :angel:
I had a Hydrafacial about two weeks ago and it was very nice.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I bought an eyebrow pencil today. I have less eyebrow hair compared to what I believe is a normal amount.

I tried it out. I lightly colored in places where there needed to be more "hair" and used the little brush that came with it. Maybe I did it wrong, but afterwards, I noticed that my left eyebrow was a different shape than the right eyebrow.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I did it wrong, but afterwards, I noticed that my left eyebrow was a different shape than the right eyebrow.

I ended up finding out today that when I just brush my brows (no pencil coloring added), that my eyebrows are two different shapes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Reactions: TheRealAriel
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Y’all- I’m so proud of myself. I never wear my hair up but I managed to put together a simple updo for the backyard wedding I went to yesterday.

You did a great job! Your eyes are lovely and soulful. Is your hair naturally dark? I can imagine it lighter.

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You did a great job! Your eyes are lovely and soulful. Is your hair naturally dark? I can imagine it lighter.
Thank you very much! :satisfied: My hair is naturally very dark… I’ve always wanted to be blonde and have tried to bleach it several times but it just fries it and turns it orange unfortunately.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you very much! :satisfied: My hair is naturally very dark… I’ve always wanted to be blonde and have tried to bleach it several times but it just fries it and turns it orange unfortunately.

Blonde is too light. It's best to try on wigs to get the right hue. Something in the ash blonde family with other colors included. If you look at the image you'll see why I asked. The darker color is complementary and adds maturity but the other adds light and a youthful air. I think the latter is fitting.

Look into color seasons. You can find a lot of information on Pinterest. I'm not a stylist. I see with a designers eye but I can style nonetheless. When I look at your face I want to capture your softness. Not vavoom. The other is there but I think you could pull it off.

Your eyes are hypnotic but you can flip it like Barbie and look sweet and innocent. That's what I'm imagining. If you keep it dark opt for 50s style dresses. You have the shape and they're insanely cute.

*grinning @SarahsKnight* I'll have to tell you about my metrosexual professor sometime. He did all that stuff and I was swooning hard! We had the those one-sided desks and I had no shame. I sat on the front row. *lol*

~bella

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0