United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Given the number of times left wingers have been admonished for sexualizing (or commenting on the looks of) right wing pundits, I'm kind of dissapointed that this thread came to be... moreso that it was started by a conservative.

If that was the case, more people would recognize the validity of what she says. But as it is, she really just insults them instead of just being able to recognize that "perhaps we just disagree with what constitues best governance". I mean seriously America, what happenned with just "disagreeing"?
To me, that's a sign of immaturity.

What makes you think "more people" don't recognize the validity of what she says? She's the author of seven NYT bestsellers, and I would bet she outsells any five liberal authors combined. So...where's the evidence of all the people that "recognize the validity" of what those liberals have to say?

Upvote 0

EphesiaNZ

It's me! Who else could it be...
Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy reading Ann Coulter. Very witty. But that l--o--n--g face...

That reminds me of the old joke,

A horse walks up to the bar and orders a drink from the bartender. The bartender sets the drink in front of him and tells the horse, "it's o.k. buddy, you can talk to me. Why the long face?"

:)

Upvote 0

Received

True love waits in haunted attics
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟38,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is really bad amateur psycholgy. It doesn't even occur to you, does it, that she might simply recognize Democrats/Liberals for who they are? Ann is angrey and bitter about the damage Democrats/Liberals are doing to the country she loves, so she must need psychiatric help to "overcome" a problem.

This is the same cluless disconnect and condescension demonstated by Thomas Frank in writing What's the Matter With Kansas?

No, quite the opposite (and not to corner anyone here), I think Ringo's on the right track. Although there are no diagnoses specifically for anger (the closest would be Intermittent Explosive Disorder, which involves the destruction of property), Coulter unambiguously could use therapy for anger-related issues.

Of course, lots of people could use therapy for different reasons. Coulter's case is rather basic: she lacks the self-insight regarding her beliefs (Christianity) and her actions and how her irritability is detracting from her happiness.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So does wisdom and common sense.
Not nearly as well as people would hope it would.

What makes you think "more people" don't recognize the validity of what she says? She's the author of seven NYT bestsellers, and I would bet she outsells any five liberal authors combined. So...where's the evidence of all the people that "recognize the validity" of what those liberals have to say?
Being the author of NYT best sellers doesn't mean you have a BROAD audience, just a dedicated one.
And, believe it or not, the discussion is not about what "liberals have to say" so there's no point in making that comparison.

I appreciate your artful dodging of my more important points around insulting (and, in essence, a kind of bullying really) but I do wish you would have had something concilliatory to say around the idea that people in America can simply no longer disagree.

Do you not see that as a problem in American politics?

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Being the author of NYT best sellers doesn't mean you have a BROAD audience, just a dedicated one.
And, believe it or not, the discussion is not about what "liberals have to say" so there's no point in making that comparison.

I appreciate your artful dodging of my more important points around insulting (and, in essence, a kind of bullying really) but I do wish you would have had something concilliatory to say around the idea that people in America can simply no longer disagree.

It's not a problem if all liberals really are the spawn of satan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TammyRae

Mar 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟7,918.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Coulter's books are factual, well researched and sourced. Her character is passionate, witty and unapologetic. She's brilliant and very convincing if you listen to her debate with an open mind.

No wonder the liberals despise her and frantically try to convince others she is just "angry" and speaking out her views merely to make a buck.

Upvote 0

okafor

May 9, 2011
United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Why doesn't it surprise me that you off-handedly dismiss the success in the millions of Coulter's writings as meaningless, while offering nothing more than your own opinion that she appeals to only a small group? I'd day your opinions lack credibility.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Coulter's books are factual, well researched and sourced. Her character is passionate, witty and unapologetic. She's brilliant and very convincing if you listen to her debate with an open mind.

No wonder the liberals despise her and frantically try to convince others she is just "angry" and speaking out her views merely to make a buck.

It wouldn't have anything to do with her being a skinny female conservative version of Michael Moore?

Books like Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism is a well researched, factual look at liberals in the US?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why doesn't it surprise me that you off-handedly dismiss the success in the millions of Coulter's writings as meaningless, while offering nothing more than your own opinion that she appeals to only a small group? I'd day your opinions lack credibility.
First off, it's not even an opinion, it's just a hypothesis. Honestly, I can't be botherred to care that much about it.

But in the meantime, what do you think about the air of the body politic that it's impossible to just disagree? Is that a fair statement to make?

I agree that is a boring way to conduct something as salacious as running a country, but it seems like it could be practical.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

I think it's too bad that a Christian supports someone who routinely says such awful things about people; regardless of their political affiliation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No wonder the liberals despise her and frantically try to convince others she is just "angry" and speaking out her views merely to make a buck. (emph. added)

So about the bolded portion...she'd still be doing this if it didn't make any money for her? :confused:
tulc(is curious what you think) :wave:

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Beauty- the only thing that matters regarding women, apparently. It always- ALWAYS- comes back to this topic in the end for some. This is the second ridiculous thing regarding women I've seen today- the first being a link to the Daily Mail- what was I thinking- where everyone criticized Michelle Obama's looks and a few got in a some pot shots at Angela Merkel's looks to boot.

Upvote 0

TammyRae

Mar 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟7,918.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
she'd still be doing this if it didn't make any money for her?

I know dozens of fellow conservatives who volunteer a couple of months of their free time for campaigns every two years.... and it doesn't make any money for us, we just believe in what we are doing :)

Upvote 0

TammyRae

Mar 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟7,918.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
rambot:

I think it's too bad that a Christian supports someone who routinely says such awful things about people; regardless of their political affiliation.

She's truthful and speaks against evil... as a Christian I'm proud to defend her.

Speaking of which, I think it's too bad that a Christian belongs to the Green Party with the way that party supports partial-birth abortion.... by definition it is a flat-out murder of a viable human infant. If the health of the mother is at risk, there is an alternative called a C-Section.

2007.04.20: Defending Reproductive Rights

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
she'd still be doing this if it didn't make any money for her?

I know dozens of fellow conservatives who volunteer a couple of months of their free time for campaigns every two years.... and it doesn't make any money for us, we just believe in what we are doing :)

I know lots of liberals who do the same. :wave:
tulc(would point out though, that wasn't the question he asked) :sorry:

Upvote 0