Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A Hindu man once read the Beatitudes, and said it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever read. I don't know this man, but I suppose that this little passage of Scripture could lead to his conversion.

The Beatitudes highlight the great paradox of our faith; lowlyness leads to greatness. The meek will be rulers; the mourning will be comforted; those persecuted on Earth for Christ & righteousness will be given glory in Heaven.

But remember a subtle thing in these promises! The meek are blessed, the mourning are blessed, the persecuted are blessed; they are declared to be blessed not because of their current state, but because of what will come next.

Mary was declared "blessed among women", and Jesus was declared "blessed" as well (Luke 1:42). How blessed did Mary feel, to watch her son suffer an excrutiating death? How blessed did Jesus feel, as he was scourged, mocked, and executed in the worst way possible? How blessed do any of us feel when we're suffering, when we're poor in spirit, when we're merciful, when we long for righteousness?

It's so hard, somtimes, to remember just how blessed we are when we're in rough situations, or even whrn we're showing mercy or making peace. The Beatitudes are, among other things, a gentle reminder to appreciate our less fortunate circumstances.

And how many blessings are we missing out on when we avoid being persucted for righteousness' sake, for Christ's sake? Are we really preferring our brief comfort to the blessings that Christ Himself promises?

I invite you all to read through these promises, these blessings from Jesus, slowly. Really try to take in what our Lord & Savior is saying, praying for the understanding that does not come from ourselves. And I invite you further to not reply to this post; read the Beatitudes, a few times if you like, then take a walk, shoot some pool, pet your cat, doing whatever you do to appreciate the Creation that God didn't have to give us; and then tomorrow, after thinking about our unique Christian blessings, with gratitude & humility, please tell us what you think.

"[Matthew 5] 3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the [d]gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

10 “Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

God be with us all!

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Hindu man once read the Beatitudes, and said it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever read. I don't know this man, but I suppose that this little passage of Scripture could lead to his conversion.

The Beatitudes highlight the great paradox of our faith; lowlyness leads to greatness. The meek will be rulers; the mourning will be comforted; those persecuted on Earth for Christ & righteousness will be given glory in Heaven.

But remember a subtle thing in these promises! The meek are blessed, the mourning are blessed, the persecuted are blessed; they are declared to be blessed not because of their current state, but because of what will come next.

Mary was declared "blessed among women", and Jesus was declared "blessed" as well (Luke 1:42). How blessed did Mary feel, to watch her son suffer an excrutiating death? How blessed did Jesus feel, as he was scourged, mocked, and executed in the worst way possible? How blessed do any of us feel when we're suffering, when we're poor in spirit, when we're merciful, when we long for righteousness?

It's so hard, somtimes, to remember just how blessed we are when we're in rough situations, or even whrn we're showing mercy or making peace. The Beatitudes are, among other things, a gentle reminder to appreciate our less fortunate circumstances.

And how many blessings are we missing out on when we avoid being persucted for righteousness' sake, for Christ's sake? Are we really preferring our brief comfort to the blessings that Christ Himself promises?

I invite you all to read through these promises, these blessings from Jesus, slowly. Really try to take in what our Lord & Savior is saying, praying for the understanding that does not come from ourselves. And I invite you further to not reply to this post; read the Beatitudes, a few times if you like, then take a walk, shoot some pool, pet your cat, doing whatever you do to appreciate the Creation that God didn't have to give us; and then tomorrow, after thinking about our unique Christian blessings, with gratitude & humility, please tell us what you think.

"[Matthew 5] 3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the [d]gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

10 “Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

God be with us all!

The blessing no one wants, suffering. We are told if we allow the Lord to use these times it will result in a harvest of righteousness the Husbandman knows exactly how to care for us and does so.but we need to move from seeing suffering as bad, without adding Christ to suffering as a blessing with Christ for when I am weak He is strong.

Upvote 0