Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Beast out of the Sea is the AntiChrist, since the first beast is the AntiChrist. The Second Beast is the False Prophet and there is nothing in scripture that compels the view that he was Jewish.

The earth or land has been a symbol of Israel where as the sea is a symbol of gentiles

The false prophet and the antichrist are the same person.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(little horn....becomes> the Antichrist....becomes>the beast) = one person

the beast and the false prophet are two different persons.

the beast and the false prophet and Satan are three different persons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
(little horn....becomes> the Antichrist....becomes>the beast) = one person

the beast and the false prophet are two different persons.

the beast and the false prophet and Satan are three different persons.

the beast out of the sea is the: king of the north, the man of sin, the son of perdition. little horn of Daniel 7

“Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

The king of the north becomes the beast after he is healed from his mortal wound. Revelation 17

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
the beast out of the sea is the: king of the north, the man of sin, the son of perdition. little horn of Daniel 7

“Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

The king of the north becomes the beast after he is healed from his mortal wound. Revelation 17
Daniel 11:40-44 the text can be mis-understood to think the beast is the king of the north.

There are powers from the 4 cardinal directions that are drawn into the middle east near the end of the seven years. As a prelude to Armageddon.

upload_2021-7-6_12-43-1.jpeg

45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Which is in Jerusalem, the temple mount...

upload_2021-7-6_12-54-52.jpeg

Because, suddenly this happens....

upload_2021-7-6_12-56-17.jpeg

The kings of the earth their armies already in the middle east will assemble at Armageddon and prepare to make war on Jesus. 45 days later, Jesus descends to earth and destroys their armies.

upload_2021-7-6_12-58-11.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2021
Virginia
✟15,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The earth or land has been a symbol of Israel where as the sea is a symbol of gentiles

d Taylor,

If I may suggest something though, the earth has always been a symbol of mankind. The first Adam was of the earth, and so all flesh is of the earth. I agree with you, the sea is symbolic of the nations of the world. There are countless scriptures proving it. Christ even spoke of a great net cast into the sea to gather fish of every kind; good and the bad. He explains the sea is the world.

But why I replied was because of the one thing you said which very few people recognize. The Antichrist is the False Prophet, the beast of the Earth. Why? Because Daniel 7 says so.

4 Great Beasts come up out of the sea
These are identified as Kingdoms ruled by a King. This was when the heads of the beast (of the sea) wore crowns. When the heads lose their crowns and the crowns are given to the horns, they only wear the name of blasphemy. Yet we are later told in Daniel 7 that these 4 beasts rise out of the earth. So there are now another part to what the beast is.

The Kingdoms rise out of the sea; nations of the world. But each Kingdom is ruled by a figure head which comes up out of the earth.

Example: Babylon existed before Nebuchadnezzer. It sprung up out of the sea, yet when Nebuchadnezzer rose to power, he came up out of the earth. 4 Beast of the sea ruled by 4 beasts from the earth.

The last Beast is identified as the 4th Kingdom in Dan 7:23 I believe. Yet we are not told of the beast of the earth in Daniel 7, only a horn. That is till we read him in Revelation. A beast of the sea rises and a Beast of the earth will rule it. Bravo d Taylor! Doug, if you are reading this, please go back to Daniel 7 and look over what I said. Separate the beast of the sea from the beast of the earth. Looks at their characteristics. Look at the horns description in the OT and parallel it with the beast of the earth. GL

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
d Taylor,

If I may suggest something though, the earth has always been a symbol of mankind. The first Adam was of the earth, and so all flesh is of the earth. I agree with you, the sea is symbolic of the nations of the world. There are countless scriptures proving it. Christ even spoke of a great net cast into the sea to gather fish of every kind; good and the bad. He explains the sea is the world.

But why I replied was because of the one thing you said which very few people recognize. The Antichrist is the False Prophet, the beast of the Earth. Why? Because Daniel 7 says so.

4 Great Beasts come up out of the sea
These are identified as Kingdoms ruled by a King. This was when the heads of the beast (of the sea) wore crowns. When the heads lose their crowns and the crowns are given to the horns, they only wear the name of blasphemy. Yet we are later told in Daniel 7 that these 4 beasts rise out of the earth. So there are now another part to what the beast is.

The Kingdoms rise out of the sea; nations of the world. But each Kingdom is ruled by a figure head which comes up out of the earth.

Example: Babylon existed before Nebuchadnezzer. It sprung up out of the sea, yet when Nebuchadnezzer rose to power, he came up out of the earth. 4 Beast of the sea ruled by 4 beasts from the earth.

The last Beast is identified as the 4th Kingdom in Dan 7:23 I believe. Yet we are not told of the beast of the earth in Daniel 7, only a horn. That is till we read him in Revelation. A beast of the sea rises and a Beast of the earth will rule it. Bravo d Taylor! Doug, if you are reading this, please go back to Daniel 7 and look over what I said. Separate the beast of the sea from the beast of the earth. Looks at their characteristics. Look at the horns description in the OT and parallel it with the beast of the earth. GL

The beast out of the sea, is the same as the king of the north ("he becomes the beast out of the sea, after he is healed from his mortal wound") Paul's man of sin and the little horn of Daniel 7, they are all the same person. The kings power is to make war

As is the false prophet and the antichrist are the same person, and i believe this person is Jewish. As the antichrist. The false prophets power is in the working of deceptive miracles.

If you want to look into this further there is an inexpensive little book: The Power to Make War, by Zane Hodges, it covers this really well.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
IMO, in that context, in Revelation 13, the sea is maybe meaning the bottomless pit.

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up(anabaino) out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

having seven heads and ten horns---and upon his heads the name of blasphemy(Revelation 13:1)---full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns(Revelation 17:3)

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend(anabaino) out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

was = initially was not in the bottomless pit

and is not = eventually got cast into the pit sometime prior to John seeing these visions, thus currently in the pit when John saw these visions

and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit = meaning a time future to John seeing these visions, the beast will be released from the pit, where it seems that that could be meaning Revelation 13:1 showing it's release from the pit.

This raises even more questions, assuming I'm correct about any of this. One question being, what is the bottomless pit?

Yes, "Bottomless Pit" is a terrible translation of Abyssos.

A far more accurate one is "the depths of the ocean".

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2021
Virginia
✟15,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The beast out of the sea, is the same as the king of the north ("he becomes the beast out of the sea, after he is healed from his mortal wound") Paul's man of sin and the little horn of Daniel 7, they are all the same person. The kings power is to make war

As is the false prophet and the antichrist are the same person, and i believe this person is Jewish. As the antichrist. The false prophets power is in the working of deceptive miracles.

If you want to look into this further there is an inexpensive little book: The Power to Make War, by Zane Hodges, it covers this really well.
You know, I agreed with you when you said "the false prophet and the Antichrist are the same person."
But then you did a 180 on me.

I agree that the man of sin is the little horn. But men are never shown to rise from the sea, only the earth. If you are interested at a later time, I can provide scripture to prove it. But for arguments sake, can you please show me where scripture says that a man rises from the sea.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You know, I agreed with you when you said "the false prophet and the Antichrist are the same person."

I agree that the man of sin is the little horn. But men are never shown to rise from the sea, only the earth. If you are interested at a later time, I can provide scripture to prove it. But for arguments sake, can you please show me where scripture says that a man rises from the sea.
please put these in proper progressional order - Antichrist, little horn, revealed man of sin, prince who shall come, the beast.

The beast in Revelation 13:1 rising out of the sea - is the gentile kingdom of the beast person.

The beast person is the mortally wounded, but healed head.

The beast in Revelation 13:11, is a man, the false prophet, who comes up out the earth, i.e out of Israel.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

The first beast (the world ruler) rises out of the sea Revelation 13:1
The sea is a Biblical symbol for great masses of Gentile humanity (Isaiah 60:5 , Jeremiah 6:22,23 , Ezekiel 26:3 , Revelation 17:15)

Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done

Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums