United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are your own views of abortion?

Two woman roommates in college got pregnant.
Both had been in wheelchairs and unable to walk for 10 years or more.
One had three children, the other an abortion.
Who gets to choose the outcome?

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Gillian.

In early 90’s I traveled through Europe, and I visited almost every country on the continent. I also visited England and spent some time in London. But for some reason I never went further to visit Ireland or Scotland, which now I quite regret, but still I hope that in the future I may able to visit those countries.

In London I visited several different churches. They are all kind nice looking, built from stone, I assume in Gothic stile. But what really surprised me is that every church I visited has some kind of Christian relic.

I remember particularly one church, it was not big, but when I entered, in the corner I saw big glass box sitting on the wooden base, and inside of it I saw a complete human skeleton with gold ring and precious stones on fingers and if I remember right also on toes. And I think it also had some kind of crown on its head, made from gold and with stones in it.

Surprisingly, every church I visited was open, and the days I visited them were been working days and not weekends.

Ok, back to our theme, I heard that Ireland is very conservative country then it comes to abortion, and I heard same thing as you mentioned, that abortions still not permitted in Ireland, except certain conditions you described.

I also heard that some women travel from Ireland to other countries in order to perform abortion, because in Ireland it is much more difficult to do.

And I absolutely agree with you, that even those exceptional cases you mentioned, the abortion should not be permitted.

When you mentioned those cases in which abortions permitted, it immediately reminded me of the Eugenics, which became the standard in American society in the 20’ through the 40’s.

People have been classified in certain groups; in general it was three major groups: morons, idiots, nincompoops, and these are actually official definitions of the assessment of the human intelligence in those years.

Results of such “scientific” description and separation of human being, led to horrific medical experiments, family separations (children had been taken away to foster homes and for adaption, and even they have been also considered unfit for society and inferior to the rest of humanity), and denying of all human and civil rights, and even imprisonment.

Majority of such people who fell into those categories of inferiority according to Eugenics were mostly poor people, because American establishment at that time considered poor people mentally and psychologically unable to succeed in society, and because of it they fell into a group of “inferior stock.”

Nazis took this American ideology even further, they began exterminate all who in their point of view was found outside of the definition to be ‘normal,” or useful for society.

It seems to me that abortion issue today became exactly like Eugenics in the past. In Eugenics the political, medical, civil, and scientific establishments declared and legalized Eugenics as the scientific discipline, and implemented it with all it cruelty and barbarism against their own population.

Today in US the people are deeply divided on the issue of abortion. So called “Democrats” pushing for abortion rights, the Republicans go against it.

In some states women can chose to have abortion no matter what the reason is, it is no longer an issue, and abortions have been done according to the wish of the woman regardless of a reason, grounds, basis, or explanation.

Just like Eugenics, abortions today in some states became the issue of the right of the woman giving to her by society, and nothing else, so the murder can be performed legally and without any legal consequences for her.

I found abortion extremely barbaric, and despite the fact that we live in so called “civilized” societies, the evil of indifference to human life still remains strong as ever.

More details about eugenics you can find on the Internet.

God bless you.

Alex

Hi Alex,

It sounds very true, what you say about attitudes to human life going back to Eugenics of long ago. Thank you for sharing that. A very good book on the subject is 'The Shaming of the Strong' by Sarah Williams. She was expecting a baby whom she was told would have multiple handicaps and would suffer pain if allowed to be delivered. Doctors urged her to abort the baby, but she refused. What happened is a lovely story.

I hope one day you make it to Ireland. I am in Northern Ireland, but both my country and the Republic of Ireland are lovely.

Gillian

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Gillian.

The story you described with the woman, to who the doctors recommended abortions because according to them the child was abnormal, such stories starting appear on the NPR propaganda radio channel, sponsored by Demoncrats.

I hate that channel, but because I live near Philadelphia, there is no other channel I can tune to. In a couple of weeks they already tell two stories similar to one you described, and the doctors-murderers advised women in both of these stories, to make abortions, telling the women that their child will be dead on arrival or die later of complications, and as you already know this is not always the case.

And even if a child will born dead or die later, it is certainly much better if the nature will take its own course.

But above all is the will of GOD, which completely ignored by society and entire medical establishment.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Alex, Sorry I've taken so long to reply. The baby concerned in that story died in the womb, which does sometimes happen, or the baby turns out to be ok. I don't think the entire medical establishment ignores the will of God. There are many fine Christian doctors who could not carry out abortions of any kind with a clear conscience.

Too often the child's welfare is not considered and all the mother can think of is herself, although I do understand it must be a stressful situation to be in, but often a mother regrets having had her baby aborted. I saw a story somewhere about a mum-to-be who had been told her baby would be born with multiple handicaps and had decided to carry the baby to term so that she could donate the baby's organs.

Gillian

Upvote 0