Not open for further replies.

Donatello

Nov 22, 2005
✟15,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found this on a website and thought that it must be shared amongst other Christians:

(Eph 6:10-18 NKJV) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. {11} Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. {12} For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. {13} Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. {14} Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, {15} and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; {16} above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. {17} And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; {18} praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints;

This is the scripture that refers to the armor that God has given his children. I asked many people about this armor and I received many answers. I asked, "What is it?" "How do I put it on?" "Does my being saved, constitute my putting on the Helmet of Salvation?" " Do I put it on by simply saying that I put it on, like I have heard from so many people?" Please listen to what I have to say about this. I am not claiming to have complete knowledge about it, but what I am about to say concerning the Armor of God may save your life!

I was urgently praying about these things because of the battles that I had been placed in. I have seen, and am still seeing, people that I love being destroyed by the devil. They have confessed to be Christians, but are not experiencing the reality of the promises of God. I am also in this category in some respects. I have had trouble, even though I have had some real strong experiences with God. I have been on a continual "roller coaster" of emotional and mental instability, because of conditions in my life and conditions in the lives of the people who are in my sphere of influence. People who love the Lord. I became tired of seeking knowledge and still being defeated in certain areas of my life. I have heard people say that They go through the motions every morning of putting on each piece of the Armor of God. So I started doing it. I didn't see a significant change in my life immediately. I was still under attack and loosing most of the time. Lately, God have been taking me deeper into Spiritual Warfare. It has been of necessity, because I had a loved one who has been taken captive by drugs. He tried to commit suicide six times that I know of and the devil has tried to kill him three times that I know of. It has been a time of intense battle. These are the things that He taught me.

All of the Armor of God is dependent on your relationship with Him. Putting on the Armor without a relationship with Him, is impossible. The Armor won't fit! It is supported by your relationship with Him. The requirements to be able to wear this armor is found in (James 4:7-8 NKJV) Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. {8} Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. You cannot continually submit to someone that you don't know. If you are completely submitted to Him, then He can turn up His power in you. If you are completely submitted to Him, then you will take the time to find out what His will is for you. Nothing will get in your way. Nothing is more important than His will for you. Nothing will be able to interfere with your spending time with Him. The only thing that will matter to you, is what He desires for you. Sex is not important. Money is not important. You are sure that He is on your side, because you have given your own desires to Him. You desire what He wants. You have willingly submitted your desires to His desires. You love God so much that you will jump at the chance to do His will. Your own will doesn't matter anymore. You understand and identify with what Jesus meant when he said "I must be about my Father's business."

Just being saved does not automatically put the helmet of salvation on your head. Remember that the epistle to the Ephesians was written to Christians. In it Paul told them to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. He told them to put on the whole armor of God. If it was automatic then he would not have had to tell them to put it on. To understand how to put it on, you must understand what it is, and what function it serves. Keep in mind, that armor is the clothing of a soldier. It is used for WAR! This is not a make believe war! People are dying all around us. They are held in bondage by their beliefs, or lack thereof (unbelief). They are held captive by a liar, thief, and murderer. The devil does not pull any punches, he plays for keeps.

[size=+1]The Helmet of Salvation![/size]

The Helmet of Salvation protects the soul (mind, will, and emotions). When it is put on, it controls what you do, how you react, and what you think. To put it on you must renew you mind to think the same way that God thinks. You say that it is impossible to think the way God thinks? God requires you to think His way. He took His thoughts and had his prophets write them down so that you could think them. Isaiah 51:1 says Whose report will you believe? (Jer 23:22 NKJV) But if they had stood in My counsel, And had caused My people to hear My words, Then they would have turned them from their evil way And from the evil of their doings. We can only think His thoughts if we stand in His counsel. When we do, our lives will change and the lives of the people around us will change.

Consider that Revelation Knowledge can only come from Christ. Therfore the understanding to renew your mind comes from God. It is available to all. The stronger your relationship with Him, the more impact the understanding has on your life. It changes your soul, even your sub-conscious mind and emotions, then eventually your will.

There are three scriptures that tell us how to renew our minds. (Rom 12:2 NKJV) And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (James 1:21-25 NKJV) Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. {22} But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. {23} For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; {24} for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. {25} But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. (Eph 4:20-24 NKJV) But you have not so learned Christ, {21} if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: {22} that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, {23} and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, {24} and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. It is necessary to renew your mind to all of God's thoughts. If we don't, The helmet of salvation that we have on will have holes in it. When the enemy sends a thought to our mind, that our mind is not renewed about. We are weak in an area that we don't know the truth about. If we don't really believe that we are healed by Jesus's stripes, then we will never have the faith to act on that truth. We will never come against the thought the we will ever be healed. We must fight for our heritage. (2 Cor 10:4-5 NKJV) For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, {5} casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, We are all in the fight, but only those who do the above scripture will win.

Donatello

Nov 22, 2005
✟15,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Continued...

[size=+1]The Breastplate of Righteousness[/size]

The Breastplate of Righteousness is dependent on the function of the Helmet of Salvation. You cannot fully put on the Breastplate of Righteousness unless you have renewed your mind about what happened when Christ was crucified. (2 Cor 5:21 NKJV) For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. If we depend on our own ability to be righteous, we will always have an open door for the devil to attack. We cannot be righteous by what we do, but we can act righteous when we know that it is God who has made us that way. Our faith is not in what we do in our own power, but in what God is doing through us. He is the author and the finisher of our faith. We are His workmanship in Christ Jesus. We cannot act righteous until we really believe that we are, through what He has done. Only submission to Him can bring righteousness.

[size=+1]Belt of Truth[/size]

Some versions call this the Belt of Truth, others refer to having your loins girded with truth. The effect is still the same. The loins of a man refers to foundation or motivation of a mans actions. It is the center of his life. If it is surrounded and supported by all truth, then the man is not susceptible to act on the temptation to deceive or lie. This man will not easily fall into sin. The devil will not have a way to discredit him or to bring him down. The power of the devil is in deception. If he can't deceive you, he can't hurt you or cause you to sin. Fear is his biggest deception. Faith is his worst enemy. Again, this Belt of Truth is dependent on the Helmet of Salvation, for truth only comes from renewing your mind. Another function of the belt of truth is discovered from the recognizing the we are talking about the armor or clothing of a warrior or soldier. What function does the belt of a soldier serve? It holds the weapons! Your weapons are supported by truth! If your entire life is motivated, founded, saturated with, and operated in truth, then your faith will be strong, your relationship with God will be strong, you will have no fear about anything the devil or man could do to you. Which brings us to the Sword of the Spirit.

[size=+1]The Sword of the Spirit[/size]

The Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. As we renew or mind we are learning and acting on new truths. As we do what the Word says, it becomes ours. That is, it becomes so real to us that we will never forget it. The more we do it, the more we will continue to do it. Because it becomes our foundation for living. The Sword of the Spirit and the Helmet of Salvation are the strength and foundation of the rest of the armor. As we learn each truth that is in the Word of God, we add new (to us) ways to use the Sword of the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 becomes a reality to us. The Belt of Truth holds this ammunition, that is to be used against the devil and every demon that attempts to attack us with deception. These are not weapons to be used against people, but rather to rescue people from the bondage that the devil has held them in. The prize that God is focusing on in this war is PEOPLE! All of these weapons are for use to do the work of God as explained in (Isa 61:1-9 NKJV) "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; {2} To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, {3} To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified." {4} And they shall rebuild the old ruins, They shall raise up the former desolations, And they shall repair the ruined cities, The desolations of many generations. {5} Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, And the sons of the foreigner Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. {6} But you shall be named the priests of the LORD, They shall call you the servants of our God. You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, And in their glory you shall boast. {7} Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; Everlasting joy shall be theirs. {8} "For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery for burnt offering; I will direct their work in truth, And will make with them an everlasting covenant. {9} Their descendants shall be known among the Gentiles, And their offspring among the people. All who see them shall acknowledge them, That they are the posterity whom the LORD has blessed." Jesus declared this as His ministry in (Luke 4:17-21 NKJV) And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: {18} "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; {19} To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD." {20} Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. {21} And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

[size=+1]The Shield of Faith[/size]

The Shield of Faith has been discussed at great length. It is the substance which will extinguish all of the fiery darts if the wicked one. Keep in mind that the devils weapons are based on deception. When deception is confronted with truth, the deception has no more substance. When a fiery dart is extinguished it has no more substance. It's power to hurt you is in whether you believe it. When you know that it has no substance, you won't feel the weight of it in your shield of Faith. You can quickly forget it. It is gone. An Acronym for FEAR is "False Evidence Appearing Real". There is no substance in fear, only in your belief that it will hurt you. Therein is the key. What do you believe? Is God's Word really the foundation of your life? It has to be for Victory that lasts!

[size=+1]Shoes of the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace[/size]

(Isa 52:7 NKJV) How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

The word Gospel means Good News. The person who has his feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace, is a person who is anxious to share the good news of the Kingdom to everyone he knows. He is willing to go everywhere that the Lord leads him. These are the shoes that are worn by the man who walks through the valley of the shadow of death and does not fear for he has a destiny to fulfill. He has a purpose for his life and he is intentionally walking in it. He knows that God is with him and will protect him. His feet are on a mission. They are taking him to administer the ministry of reconciliation to the people that are held captive by the devil. He will give them the opportunity to be free.

[size=+1]This armor is not weak! It is stronger than anything that is in this world![/size] [size=+1]Remember that all of this is for nothing if you don't use it in Love! Love never fail! Love fulfills the law![/size]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.