Visit site
✟239.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The ACLU's self-declared mission is support First Amendment rights. Contrary to popular belief they do not discriminate based on the defendant’s political slant. They defend Christian's free speech rights in many instances.

The chief complaint against them is not their defense of free speech but their interpretation of "separation of church and state", which to many, myself included, goes too far in many cases.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
ACLU I believe runs on a state-by-state basis.

More conservative: Virginia, Nevada, etc.
More liberal: Texas, Georgia, New York, California, etc.

*checks the state*

Florida?!?

Then again, the ACLU DID stay away from the Terri Schiavo case in Florida, so I have no clue where their stance is.

Upvote 0

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OhhJim said:
Politics makes strange bedfellows. Think of all the poor, confused Dittoheads! They just won't know what to think, now! :D

They'll think whatever Rush tells them to. And since he probably won't be mentioning this in his show, they wont think anything at all.

Upvote 0

Ellethidhren

Wise Elf Maiden from Middle Earth
Apr 22, 2005
Lothlorien, Middle Earth
Visit site
✟657.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Harpuia said:
Then again, the ACLU DID stay away from the Terri Schiavo case in Florida, so I have no clue where their stance is.

There stance is how they can best bring America and Christians to ruin.
Protect the crimminal, kill the innocent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
kranich said:
The ACLU's self-declared mission is support First Amendment rights. Contrary to popular belief they do not discriminate based on the defendant’s political slant. They defend Christian's free speech rights in many instances.
Of course this is exactly what they want to public to believe. It would be very stupid to be too obvious of their true intentions.
Ex:I like playing Risk using the missions cards with 5 other players. The trick is to cover up your true mission until you finally have another force to complete it in one turn so I would act as if I was after one objective while keeping my eye on my true objective. Once everyone know your true objective they would all try to make it harder for you. Politics uses this tactic a lot.
There is reasons to believe many in ACLU (I sure it not true with every single person working for ACLU) wants to totally remove christianity and God from public places. Before the first amendment people still worship God as they chose yet you couldn't be public about their faith.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Smidlee said:
There is reasons to believe many in ACLU (I sure it not true with every single person working for ACLU) wants to totally remove christianity and God from public places. Before the first amendment people still worship God as they chose yet you couldn't be public about their faith.

The ACLU supports open and public faith and have repeatedly defended those who's rights are violated in this area. Their cases are against government positions or actions that infringe on this right.

You can be public about your faith. You can't ask the government to publically endorse your faith and beliefs. There is a big distinction and one the ACLU makes repeatedly and consistently.

What rights do you think the ACLU is against? What personal rights that everyone has have they worked to take away? Where have they ever defened the taking away of personal rights related to public faith or actions?

Why does it always seem that the proof that the ACLU is a giant anti-Christian conspiracy is the lack of proof that they actually do the things they are accused of?

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
notto said:
The ACLU supports open and public faith and have repeatedly defended those who's rights are violated in this area. Their cases are against government positions or actions that infringe on this right.

You can be public about your faith. You can't ask the government to publically endorse your faith and beliefs. There is a big distinction and one the ACLU makes repeatedly and consistently.

What rights do you think the ACLU is against? What personal rights that everyone has have they worked to take away? Where have they ever defened the taking away of personal rights related to public faith or actions?

Why does it always seem that the proof that the ACLU is a giant anti-Christian conspiracy is the lack of proof that they actually do the things they are accused of?

Proofs been in the pudding for a long time.

Many states, like those that I mentioned, they've been at odds with religious groups over petty differences as people being offended for wearing cross necklaces. That's why.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What's even more ironic is that Rush told a whopper of a false story on his show, about how the ACLU was objecting to public school buses driving past churches.

I'm sure the fact that Rush tells false stories doesn't affect his listeners. Or, his inability to spot a hoax. When I read this story, I knew that at least it needed verification. I guess some people don't do the verification thing.

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/hp/content/auto/feed/news/2004/12/04/1102215351.18121.7703.1760.html

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
OhhJim said:
What's even more ironic is that Rush told a whopper of a false story on his show, about how the ACLU was objecting to public school buses driving past churches.

I'm sure the fact that Rush tells false stories doesn't affect his listeners. Or, his inability to spot a hoax. When I read this story, I knew that at least it needed verification. I guess some people don't do the verification thing.

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/hp/content/auto/feed/news/2004/12/04/1102215351.18121.7703.1760.html

Well, if you were wondering why the ACLU is demonized so much as Anti-Christian, stuff like this is the reason. True or not.

Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
OhhJim said:

I listened to that segment on that day. He did go on to say that it must be a hoax.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Harpuia said:
Proofs been in the pudding for a long time.

Many states, like those that I mentioned, they've been at odds with religious groups over petty differences as people being offended for wearing cross necklaces. That's why.

And the ACLU has been on the side of the cross wearers.

Upvote 0