Former Trump Chief of Staff John Kelly Confirms Prior Reporting of Trump's Remarks

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
By witnesses who were actually there, the derogatory contents of that Atlantic article have been debunked as false.
Can you please link to what you have read to come to that conclusion?

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By witnesses who were actually there, the derogatory contents of that Atlantic article have been debunked as false.

Actually, no. It was claimed by some of Trump's staff, who were on the trip, that Trump wouldn't have said that. What we don't know is if they were actually in the room when the comments were made and, even if they were, if they were listening at the time Trump allegedly made the comments -- and most have admitted that they were not with President Trump much of the morning. All they can testify is they did not hear the comments. Some Trump supporters claimed the article was "debunked" since no one would go on the record to confirm they heard Trump -- at least until recently.

By contrast, as Chief of Staff, Kelly would have been in the room the entire morning and, since it appears he was not the source for The Atlantic, he has corroborated that the statements were made -- regardless if other staffers heard them or not.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,058.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How can any Patriotic American vote for a "President" who says such profoundly, awfully insulting things about the military? As a former Australian soldier, I can only wince when I hear him say such things about American service men and women. This is unimaginable.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I want to see real and completely honest evidence about this. Please show me the facts. I really do want to see factual evidence. Then, I can be persuaded to change my opinion about Donald Trump.
What? You want me to give you names of the vets I work with who don't trust Trump?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What? You want me to give you names of the vets I work with who don't trust Trump?
Well, if you don't then he's going to think his position is valid. Hey, that's the way some people think. Don't sweat it.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you don't then he's going to think his position is valid. Hey, that's the way some people think. Don't sweat it.
Sigh I know. And then of course, he would probably say that they weren't "real" vets. My favorite encounter was at the beginning of Covid and a vet at my VA refused to wear a mask or answer Covid questions to get into the hospital. He told the police officer at the entrance "You're nothing but a rent-a-cop. I'm gonna get my 2nd amendment buddies and we'll show you our freedom." Yeah, you don't say that to a Federal police officer. January 6th attitudes arrived here in April of 2020...

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I challenge those who appear to be mocking me to please talk with veterans. I will be shocked if veterans from the last 20 years tell you all that they truly trust the generals.

I am absolutely 1000% certain that soldiers with more than 10 years experience in the military are extremely more well informed about our military than 95% of the civilians who have never ever served in the military.
Uninformed vs. uniformed....

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I challenge those who appear to be mocking me to please talk with veterans. I will be shocked if veterans from the last 20 years tell you all that they truly trust the generals.

I am absolutely 1000% certain that soldiers with more than 10 years experience in the military are extremely more well informed about our military than 95% of the civilians who have never ever served in the military.
In any job, subordinates tend to dislike their superiors.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No.
I am not asking for names and I don't want you to provide any names.
I am certain that there are veterans and current Servicemembers who are anti-Trump.

However, I am also equally certain based upon many polls showing his majority popularity amongst Servicemembers and veterans during as well as after Trump’s 1st term of office and also based upon my own personal experience talking with many, many soldiers; that a good majority of them still indeed support President Donald Trump.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, no. It was claimed by some of Trump's staff, who were on the trip, that Trump wouldn't have said that. What we don't know is if they were actually in the room when the comments were made and, even if they were, if they were listening at the time Trump allegedly made the comments -- and most have admitted that they were not with President Trump much of the morning. All they can testify is they did not hear the comments. Some Trump supporters claimed the article was "debunked" since no one would go on the record to confirm they heard Trump -- at least until recently.

By contrast, as Chief of Staff, Kelly would have been in the room the entire morning and, since it appears he was not the source for The Atlantic, he has corroborated that the statements were made -- regardless if other staffers heard them or not.
According to this post, it appears to be Kelly's word vs. Trump’s word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When did that happen?
Certainly somebody has to have debunked it, otherwise that would mean Mr.Trump did something that it feels like he wouldn't have done. So obviously there's copious proof because otherwise reality would be different than I wish it to be, and that's not possible. What alternative is there to believing that the evidence must exist, regardless of whether or not it does?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bottom line?

Here's Why Trump Has Lost So Much Support in the Active Duty Military

According to the well-regarded Military Times poll conducted in July-August of just over 1,000 troops of all ranks, his support among the military is about 38% with a favorable view and nearly 50% holding an unfavorable view, including 42% who “strongly” disapprove of his time in office. The same poll has former Vice President Biden leading Trump by 4% points, 37% to 41%. This is particularly surprising given traditional support for the Republican party among the military; Trump’s repeated claims about how popular he is with the force; and his strong push to increase defense spending.

Trump despises all of us who actually served. He regards us as "suckers" and "losers."

Upvote 0