• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The ACNA On Origins

Discussion in 'Scripture,Tradition,Reason-Anglican & Old Catholic' started by SQLservant, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Izdaari

Izdaari Episcopalutheran (TEC/ELCA)

+419
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Right, since TEC is an American thing. Not too many TEC people anywhere else.

2. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,426
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    My point was that this board is not an American board. You indicated that most of us here are TEC. I merely pointed out that most of us Americans here are TEC.

I apologize if I misunderstood.

3. Izdaari

Izdaari Episcopalutheran (TEC/ELCA)

+419
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I think maybe you did misunderstand a little, but no problem. :cool:

I'm very aware that many STR members are not Americans. OTOH, the PTB at CF are very American Conservative Evangelical in their attitudes and assumptions.

4. Doctor Strangelove

Doctor Strangelove Senior Member

+53
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Others
    I am attending but not yet a member of an ACNA church. I am of a Lutheran background but found that one branch of Lutheranism in America had gotten too liberal for me and the other branch had fundamentalist ideas like Young Earth. So not being YEC myself this presented a problem. Anyway, I looked into a local ACNA church and I discovered one of the priests there is accepting of Theistic Evolution without being dogmatic about it (being dogmatic on either side is bad, I think) and the church has a website where they spell out that they are conservative but not fundamentalists or Bible literalists. In discussion with some people who are members, when the topic of science has come up (but not the age of the earth), the sense I get is that no one thinks that scientists are conspiring against Christianity. And the bookstore at the church sells some books about origins that are very much NOT Young Earth at all.:thumbsup:

5. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+27,546
    Anglican
    Married
    IMO, you've sized things up very accurately. :thumbsup:

6. Doctor Strangelove

Doctor Strangelove Senior Member

+53
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Others
    Thanks, Albion. I tried to just accurately report what I had observed and not presume to speak for anyone. So far I have not had any real surprises - things are kind of what I thought they would be only better. :)