JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>The Court is Constitutional. The only document that counts in the Supreme Court

Yeah, right. Toilet paper in the restroom counts more to than the Constitution does. They trashed the constitution a long time ago.

The only amusement I get out of the whole thing is that the Federal Courst System has to go to Congress to get their paycheck. Right now, they claim they are being underpaid by about 20% compared to the private sector.

But do not get me wrong, these are still people who need God, and we need to witness to them about the Love of God. Some of them may still get saved. Our focus should always be on getting people saved and not just venting our frustration against the "system". Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

AlphaPhi

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
✟681.00
This is not a winner/loser sport.

· Rule No. 7

7) You will not post any messages that are primarily aimed at aggravating, provoking, insulting, offending or inflaming Christians, Christian denominations or their beliefs. This is considered "trolling". This does not mean you cannot post controversial topics, or start threads that disagree with doctrines from other denominations, as long as this is done in a non-confrontational manner and does not break any other rule.

I might have been unclear about that.

Upvote 0

AlphaPhi

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
✟681.00
Originally posted by JohnR7
>>The Court is Constitutional. The only document that counts in the Supreme Court

Yeah, right. Toilet paper in the restroom counts more to than the Constitution does. They trashed the constitution a long time ago.

Actually, no, they didn't. read the documents of the Court. The Constitution is still the driving force in all decisions regarding civil rights, jurisdiction, religious issues, etcetera.

Not interpreting the Constitution the way you want them to does NOT mean that the Court has "trashed" the Constitution. Thats like accusing someone of having "trashed" the Bible just because they don't follow your interpretation.

Far from it, the Constitution is more thoroughly enforced today than at any point in American history.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by AlphaPhi
· Rule No. 7

7) You will not post any messages that are primarily aimed at aggravating, provoking, insulting, offending or inflaming Christians, Christian denominations or their beliefs. This is considered "trolling". This does not mean you cannot post controversial topics, or start threads that disagree with doctrines from other denominations, as long as this is done in a non-confrontational manner and does not break any other rule.

The Court is Constitutional. The only document that counts in the Supreme Court is the United States Constitution, and thats how it must be. We are a republic, based upon that document. Not the Bible. Not any religious precepts. The Constitution.

The reason Christians lose so many lawsuits is because they actually think it matters what their Bible says when they're in a court of law. Sorry, in the court of law, your Bible is no more valuable the Qu'ran, the Bhagavad Gita or the Tao of Pooh. You want to make a legal case, you want to really fight against abortion, you have to immerse yourself in Constitutional law.

For our government truly is Sola Scriptura, and that Scripture is the Constitution of the United States of America.

EXACTLY!

Upvote 0
Well odds are that I will not agree with them on alot of things purely on belief system. I know it sounds shallow, but that's basically it. But if in the event someone who was not Christian were elected President, then hey that's the choice the people make and I'd live with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
Give up while you're ahead fellas. Please, no more name calling. If I see it again, no one will see you again.

AP, there is nothing in the Constitution that either supports or rejects the rights of an unborn. The Constitution is silent on this matter, as it is on many others, and as such, the States and Congress are responsible for enacting laws to futher clarify what is legal or not. It does not necessarily need a Consitutional amendment to overturn what in so many people's views is a wrong moral issue. The Supreme Court is as much as a legislative body as Congress, which is ...unconstitutional; but since no one seems to take notice and they ignore it, the way to fix this whole mess is just as simple: make the courts overturn their decision (strange how it is by a vote - eh?) and remove their stipulations clarifying the unconstitutionality of a law they didn't write by an admendment they didn't draft.

We already have a good government. Sadly though, it's not perfect as you can see 5 bad apples ruled on something so vague that they could have only have voted as a result of their moral opinions - and since there were 7 justices, that means it was not a unanimous vote. It's strange to me how we require a jury to be in total unanimity about sentencing someone to death, yet the Supreme Court just needed a majority to sentence 75 million of my brothers and sisters to death. I thought the Constitution was INTENDED to prevent the majority OPINION from ruling the day, otherwise stuff like this would happen.

Upvote 0