Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Q: what does a word mean to the one who spoke it.

A: CONTEXT + Greek / Hebrew in which the scribe wrote.

So it's not God's word? In one place God is said to have said that the scribes penned lies, yet they penned the word of God (must have been a little awkward for the scribes unless they, or he (as the case may be) understood what God meant by this.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 21:43
“Therefore I tell you that the "kingdom of God" will be taken away from you (Nation Israel) and
given to a people who will produce its fruit.(Age of Gentiles)

When do you say this happened?

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Q: When do you say this (Gentile age/Church Age) happened?
A: My guess: AFTER resurrection, appearances, ascension...>PENTECOST!?

Times Of The Gentiles Vs. The Church Age – Grace thru faith

That's interesting because the parable you quoted contains some pretty specific information about what would happen to the Jews when the change took place, I E: when The kingdom would be taken from the Jews and given to the Christians. And not only what would happen to them but what event would cause it to happen. No matter how I read Matthew 21:33-45, I can't come up with Pentecost as the correct timing.
How do you arrive at that time from the parable in question?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oh, Wild A88 Guess?

If that's the case, you've omitted (or worse, ignored) crucial information Jesus gives in the parable that, if you hadn't, you would never arrive at your present conclusion.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is WAG another name for the the spirit (or anointing as John had spoke of it) ... or is this no longer the popular source? :D
Couldn't say... I'd never heard the acronym used so I googled it - First Hit was "Wild A** Guess" next was "Wives and Girlfriends", so I suspect that one doesn't fit..

I'm looking forward to Ron's elaboration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Couldn't say... I'd never heard the acronym used so I googled it - First Hit was "Wild A** Guess" next was "Wives and Girlfriends", so I suspect that one doesn't fit..

I'm looking forward to Ron's elaboration.

Funny ...

I got to say, his use of the word Google was a new one on me.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are supposed to be the temple of God, not made with human hands. His spirit comes to dwell within if we have genuine faith. Those who do not follow the LORD God follow the desires of their own hearts. Evil is good and good thought of as evil. That person is lord of their own life and the temple is profaned and defiled...

Some scripture to ponder as we see the state the world is in and how it may relate to the abomination of desolation being revealed.

1 John 4:3

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Acts 7:45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;

46 Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.

47 But Solomon built him an house.

48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Acts 17:24

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are supposed to be the temple of God, not made with human hands. His spirit comes to dwell within if we have genuine faith. Those who do not follow the LORD God follow the desires of their own hearts. Evil is good and good thought of as evil. That person is lord of their own life and the temple is profaned and defiled...

Some scripture to ponder as we see the state the world is in and how it may relate to the abomination of desolation being revealed.

1 John 4:3

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Acts 7:45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;

46 Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.

47 But Solomon built him an house.

48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Acts 17:24

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Two men in a bed ...

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It stands to reason that you cannot flee what you cannot see ...

What became the abomination in the first garden, and how it became this is a consistent narrative throughout scripture.

There is always the minds eye; we should consider who fled and when they fled; by the end of the third centaury the church had fled to the wilderness leaving the Pagans under the rule of Rome.

The abomination in the garden was when Satan said, "God didn't really mean what He said, you will not surely die." The is what Satan still says and is still believed.

Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0