Virginia
✟151,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some time ago, the far right realized that they had lost the cultural war, having backed one anti-American cause after another.
How Republicans Lost the Culture War

They realize that they are out of step with America on many things, and they aren't going to recover. So the choice is to change their policies to appeal to more voters, or to cheat harder.

They've decided to cheat harder. In the long game, it's a suicidal move, but as the cultural wars themselves show, these guys aren't very good at predicting outcomes.
I just cannot fathom why people still vote for the folks who exploit them. I mean what do republicans in DC do for their constituents? They certainly do not appear to work for citizens' needs. They obstruct anything that helps suffering Americans and enable corporations to get by without paying their fair share of taxes. It's completely unfathomable to me. I don't want to vote for democrats every election yet republicans are not leaving me much choice. AC/DC wrote a song called Snowballed. It seems some of our American electorate is Snowballed in a counterproductive way. I appreciate your reply my friend. Peace

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When someone makes a statement it's up to them to provide the source to support what they are claiming. Without support, I'll just ignore it.

Not on this site when people can do their own homework.

Just ignore it if you wish, but the truth always comes out in the end

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just cannot fathom why people still vote for the folks who exploit them. I mean what do republicans in DC do for their constituents? They certainly do not appear to work for citizens' needs. They obstruct anything that helps suffering Americans and enable corporations to get by without paying their fair share of taxes. It's completely unfathomable to me. I don't want to vote for democrats every election yet republicans are not leaving me much choice. AC/DC wrote a song called Snowballed. It seems some of our American electorate is Snowballed in a counterproductive way. I appreciate your reply my friend. Peace

They're politicians.

The Democrats throw meat to their crowd just as the Republicans do for their side.

It's why we who seek the truth are so disappointed with the media, who should be reporting the news rather than just parlor gossip.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had to get another certified copy of my birth certificate today. All they wanted was a driver's license, address, and email. And about 40 dollars.
Yike, are they gold plated down there in TX?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yike, are they gold plated down there in TX?

I was born in Illinois, where I had to get it. To be fair, I got two copies. The ten dollar service fee for doing it online without any human helping me seemed a little unreasonable. But they have the only original, so there I was.

• Useful
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's incumbent on the claimant to substantiate the claim.

Yeah but even when that is done, the person blows off the evidence in order to keep their own identity in tact.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had to get another certified copy of my birth certificate today. All they wanted was a driver's license, address, and email. And about 40 dollars.

Does your drivers license have your photo on it ?

BTW, the Federal Government was delaying the law that you must have a Federally Recognized Drivers License to get a Passport because of the pandemic.

Here in MA, they told us that such a license will have a gold star in the upper right hand corner.

For some reason, when I renewed my license last fall, I had to present my DD-214 and Honorable Discharge from the Military to the RMV.

I still couldn't get the Federally recognized license because they suspended to process because of the pandemic. Apparently you have to show up at the RMV with your old ID to get the new one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anyway, here's the story. Came up first after googling it

MLB Moves All-Star Game To Colorado Amid Uproar Over Georgia Voting Law

MLB Moves All-Star Game To Colorado Amid Uproar Over Georgia Voting Law

So private businesses will now blackmail voters if they don't put laws in place that doesn't align with political popularity. In this case, it's leftist popularity which ruled and private businesses are jumping onto that bandwagon.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only one that was mentioned was voter ID, which was reported as the main reason
why people on the left were so upset.
Voter ID isn't even mentioned in this article.
After MLB moved the All Star Game out of GA in protest of their new voting laws, to Colorado, the media reported that Colorado had voter ID requirements for voting as well.
Again, nothing in this article about voter ID.
So, it came down to MLB blackmailing the voters of GA, in order to appease the leftists who have the loudest voices right now.
This article again says nothing about the MLB blackmailing voters.

What it does say...
has been widely criticized as hampering access to absentee voting and disproportionately affecting minority communities.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So private businesses will now blackmail voters if they don't put laws in place that doesn't align with political popularity.

In fact, it was to overrule the voters of Georgia that the Georgia legislature attempted to rig future elections to avoid having voters determine elections. Businessmen are supporting the voters against the legislators plotting against them.

The voters approved none of those voter suppression measures.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Voter ID isn't even mentioned in this article.

Again, nothing in this article about voter ID.

This article again says nothing about the MLB blackmailing voters.

What it does say...
has been widely criticized as hampering access to absentee voting and disproportionately affecting minority communities.

Georgia Voting Law

The law includes Photo ID requirement.

See the GA law yourself

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In fact, it was to overrule the voters of Georgia that the Georgia legislature attempted to rig future elections to avoid having voters determine elections. Businessmen are supporting the voters against the legislators plotting against them.

The voters approved none of those voter suppression measures.

They did by electing the state reps who supported the change.

That's what representative government is about

• Agree
Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They did by electing the state reps who supported the change.

Seems unlikely, since they strongly support the "We, the people" bill that would reverse most if not all of the voter suppression schemes.

The reintroduction of a sweeping election reform bill has earned the criticism of Republican lawmakers, but a new survey found that a majority of their party's voters support the legislation.

In fact, the Data for Progress poll found H.R. 1—also known as the For the People Act—has broad public support. More than two-thirds of likely voters (68 percent) said they would back the proposal. Just 16 percent said they opposed it.

The support also transcended party lines, with 70 percent of Democrats, 68 percent of independent or third-party voters and 57 percent of Republican voters expressing approval for the bill.
As GOP opposes H.R. 1, poll finds majority of Republicans support election reform bill

It's pretty much the republican politicians; even republican voters don't support it.

• Informative
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say the law didn't.
I said the Article you posted doesn't mention ID.

Nice tap dance, but it doesn't work.

Go read the law, it's what MLB renamed to the Voter Suppression Law.

• Haha
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Seems unlikely, since they strongly support the "We, the people" bill that would reverse most if not all of the voter suppression schemes.

The reintroduction of a sweeping election reform bill has earned the criticism of Republican lawmakers, but a new survey found that a majority of their party's voters support the legislation.

In fact, the Data for Progress poll found H.R. 1—also known as the For the People Act—has broad public support. More than two-thirds of likely voters (68 percent) said they would back the proposal. Just 16 percent said they opposed it.

The support also transcended party lines, with 70 percent of Democrats, 68 percent of independent or third-party voters and 57 percent of Republican voters expressing approval for the bill.
As GOP opposes H.R. 1, poll finds majority of Republicans support election reform bill

It's pretty much the republican politicians; even republican voters don't support it.

For the People Act is a Federal Bill could be a violation of the Constitution where the States will run their elections, not the Federal Government.

It's why it doesn't have support and I believe it was on the news yesterday, that it's not even going to be voted on as members of Congress know it won't pass and even if it did, the Supreme Court would turn it over.

But that's not the State representatives in GA who the voters elected and made the Voting Laws there. Those laws are supported by the majority of the state voters who elected the representatives to make changes to their voting law.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Data for Progress, which conducted the poll, is (as the name implies) a group dedicated to advancing progressive aims and causes. They don't sound like a very credible or unbiased source. I doubt if you would trust a poll conducted by a group called The Conservative Think-Tank.

Upvote 0