Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That your brand of utopianism differs from others does not make it anything other then what it is with the attached dangers.

I can understand why you see it like that. You seem them as dangers, we see them as the means to fulfil the promises claimed.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, and it won't until it is older. They will be checking it in 3 months. It has to be perfect or it will be rejected just like the rest of them. For what it is worth, this is Christian Forums and as Christians we don't adhere to the Jewish practices. It was merely a matter of interest in that Old Testament prophesy has been fulfilled in the past and we are at a time where prophesy is being fulfilled to a T whether we believe it or not.

However, this conversation became horribly convoluted by chasing comments which have no bearing on the subject. That it was born was no different than a hundred others. It was that it had made it past the first inspection that was of interest, AND that only 9 had qualified in 2000 years, AND that the prophecy stated that the 10th would usher in the messianic period for the Jews of the world. Part of the relationship to the event is:
  • International peace plan for the Middle East
  • Building of Israel’s temple
  • Preparing for the mark of the beast (this goes all the way to the UN which will sanction any country that does not comply)
  • War fought along the Euphrates River
  • over 2 billion people will die

Is there some kind of time frame after the BBQ when this supposed to happen or did the authors of this eschatological fiction have the good sense to leave it open ended so as to avoid egg on their faces?

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can understand why you see it like that. You seem them as dangers, we see them as the means to fulfil the promises claimed.
Just like the NKVD was only dutifully working to bring on the glorious dawn of communism.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just like the NKVD was only dutifully working to bring on the glorious dawn of communism.

Funny, communism vs. the second coming. I've lived and worked under communism, I know you're trying to draw a parallel, but they really couldn't be further apart.

oh, and we're not 'working' on bringing anything about.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure how closely I'd listen to people who think every single person on earth would be better off dead.
Oh, those persons wouldn't be better of dead. Just the rest of the planet.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, those persons wouldn't be better of dead. Just the rest of the planet.

There's more than a few groups of people on earth that think that everything would be solved if others didn't exist.
Bringing it back - you did say ALL of humanity in post #81.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is there some kind of time frame after the BBQ when this supposed to happen or did the authors of this eschatological fiction have the good sense to leave it open ended so as to avoid egg on their faces?
You knew the answer to your question before you asked it but allow me to offer this suggestion. History has it laid out that with choice comes the potential to make huge mistakes as well as to make huge acts of love toward your fellow man. We do both. We know that God is infinite in His love toward us and has offered mankind chance after chance. Now, as far as written works, I have nothing to back this thought up other than my own notions, but when Jesus said that "No man knows the day or time. Only the Father" there was a deeper meaning. That meaning being that it was up to us to decide. As long as we bring with us onto this earth the ability to love one another, and we actually follow thorugh as a whole mankind, then God is not going to want to change the direction of mankind. But, maybe we have now arrived at a time and place which God already knew was coming. A day, just as in the days of Noah, where mankind is so continually evil (as a whole) that it is time to pull the plug as it were. In other words, the end could come not on a specific date and time, but by virtue of a specific behavior that God finds so deplorable that there is no hope left for us. Again, that is just my thoughts.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You knew the answer to your question before you asked it but allow me to offer this suggestion.

Not really, I don't keep too closely abreast of the eschatological news. I was wondering if they had the nerve to pick a date or time frame like Mr Campling did.

History has it laid out that with choice comes the potential to make huge mistakes as well as to make huge acts of love toward your fellow man. We do both. We know that God is infinite in His love toward us and has offered mankind chance after chance. Now, as far as written works, I have nothing to back this thought up other than my own notions, but when Jesus said that "No man knows the day or time. Only the Father" there was a deeper meaning. That meaning being that it was up to us to decide. As long as we bring with us onto this earth the ability to love one another, and we actually follow thorugh as a whole mankind, then God is not going to want to change the direction of mankind. But, maybe we have now arrived at a time and place which God already knew was coming. A day, just as in the days of Noah, where mankind is so continually evil (as a whole) that it is time to pull the plug as it were. In other words, the end could come not on a specific date and time, but by virtue of a specific behavior that God finds so deplorable that there is no hope left for us. Again, that is just my thoughts.

Well that's all over the place. No time frame then just the third millennia of really, really soon? Pity.

Interesting that the most prosperous and peaceful time in human history makes you think we are evil as a species. Hey don't let facts get in the way of the narrative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There's more than a few groups of people on earth that think that everything would be solved if others didn't exist.
Bringing it back - you did say ALL of humanity in post #81.
And I also said that with the rest of the planet I mean the animals and plants.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, and it won't until it is older. They will be checking it in 3 months. It has to be perfect or it will be rejected just like the rest of them. For what it is worth, this is Christian Forums and as Christians we don't adhere to the Jewish practices. It was merely a matter of interest in that Old Testament prophesy has been fulfilled in the past and we are at a time where prophesy is being fulfilled to a T whether we believe it or not.

However, this conversation became horribly convoluted by chasing comments which have no bearing on the subject. That it was born was no different than a hundred others. It was that it had made it past the first inspection that was of interest, AND that only 9 had qualified in 2000 years, AND that the prophecy stated that the 10th would usher in the messianic period for the Jews of the world. Part of the relationship to the event is:
  • International peace plan for the Middle East
  • Building of Israel’s temple
  • Preparing for the mark of the beast (this goes all the way to the UN which will sanction any country that does not comply)
  • War fought along the Euphrates River
  • over 2 billion people will die
There have been international peace plans for the Middle East since the Uk invented it after the war
There's no sign of any temple building
There's no evidence of a complete restructure of the UN charter to allow it to sanction anybody
There's been war along the Euphrates for about as long as there's been international peace plans

How long do I have to wait for none of these things to happen before you will admit you got there's no signs here at all?

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not really, I don't keep too closely abreast of the eschatological news. I was wondering if they had the nerve to pick a date or time frame like Mr Campling did.

Well that's all over the place. No time frame then just the third millennia of really, really soon? Pity.

Interesting that the most prosperous and peaceful time in human history makes you think we are evil as a species. Hey don't let facts get in the way of the narrative.
In the past 50 years I have been involved in law enforcement, EMS, and fire services. I have seen, touched, smelled, evil. Yes, when evil means to
There have been international peace plans for the Middle East since the Uk invented it after the war
There's no sign of any temple building
There's no evidence of a complete restructure of the UN charter to allow it to sanction anybody
There's been war along the Euphrates for about as long as there's been international peace plans

How long do I have to wait for none of these things to happen before you will admit you got there's no signs here at all?
"There have been international peace plans for the Middle East since the Uk invented it after the war" - And none of them have come to fruition. But the Anti-Christ will appear to succeed. A pact will be make between Israel and the Arab world and the world will rejoice in the promise of peace, finally.

"There's no sign of any temple building" - https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/198621 For just one story on the 3rd temple.

"UN sanctions?" Complete restructure necessary? Please refer to: https://www.un.org/sc/suborg/ - "The Council has resorted to mandatory sanctions as an enforcement tool when peace has been threatened and diplomatic efforts have failed. The range of sanctions has included comprehensive economic and trade sanctions and/or more targeted measures such as arms embargoes, travel bans, financial or diplomatic restrictions." All it need is the right to..., then the reason becomes what ever the UN thinks threatens peace. That includes believing in one God, Elohim and YHWH, "the LORD", Yahweh, Jehovah... Jesus the Nazarene.

There's been war along the Euphrates for about as long as there's been international peace plans - Not before the 20th century have 1 million died in a single war (that did not encompass more than 10 years or a hundred or more). In WWI - 7 million civilians and 10 million military personnel WWII - 50 million to 80 million including countless numbers simply because they were Jewish. The final war "Revelation 9:13-15
Then the sixth angel blew his trumpet, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour, the day, the month, and the year, were released to kill a third of mankind." A third of mankind will be over 2 Billion today or 3.2 Billion by 2050. Call it myth because your heart has been hardened. But even a man made war, with nuclear warheads dominating tactics in WWIII, 2-3 Billion humna beings are not out of the question. But it won't be man made. The prophesies are being fulfilled to every i and t.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"There have been international peace plans for the Middle East since the Uk invented it after the war" - And none of them have come to fruition. But the Anti-Christ will appear to succeed. A pact will be make between Israel and the Arab world and the world will rejoice in the promise of peace, finally.

No evidence this is even close.

"There's no sign of any temple building"

A 3 year old article from a biasd source. As I said earlier, how much it-hasnt-happened needs to go by before you admit there's noting to see?

"UN sanctions?"
Complete restructure necessary?

That's the security council, not the UN proper, moreover there's automatic veto allowed for a number of countries including the US and Russia. Once again, no evidence of anything.

But it won't be man made. The prophesies are being fulfilled to every i and t.

No they are not.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No evidence this is even close.

A 3 year old article from a biasd source. As I said earlier, how much it-hasnt-happened needs to go by before you admit there's noting to see?

That's the security council, not the UN proper, moreover there's automatic veto allowed for a number of countries including the US and Russia. Once again, no evidence of anything.

No they are not.
Enjoy your hi Q chief. I've spent enough time on this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A few sites on the Red Heifer:

Kindgdom Bible Studies Ashes of a Red Heifer Part 1
ASHES OF THE RED HEIFER

...............Numbers 19 is a most unusual chapter in the Old Testament. All the offerings in the Bible are bullocks and rams, but here there is an exception - a heifer, a female cow whose never given birth. All the offerings in the Old Testament are slaughtered and offered to God, but this offering of the red heifer, though killed and burned, is very different from the rest. While all others are offered to God to meet current claims - that is, the sin-offering, the burnt offering, or the peace offering according to the need of the day - the red heifer alone was not for the present need.
It was offered to meet future needs. The ordinance of the red heifer stands alone. While other sacrifices are often brought before us, this recorded in no other part of Israel's history...........

Studies In The Scriptures - Tabernacle Shadows - Chapter 7
"THE ASHES OF A HEIFER"
......ONE feature of the ceremonial law of Israel, related in `Numbers 19`, required the killing of a red heifer (cow)--one without blemish and which had never been under the yoke of service. It was not one of the sin-offerings of the Day of Atonement, nor was it one of the offerings of the people subsequent to the Day of Atonement--indeed, it was no "offering" at all, for no part of it was offered on the Lord's altar or eaten by the priests. It was sacrificed, but not in the same sense, nor in the same place, as these offerings--in the Court. It was not even killed by one of the priests, nor was its blood taken into the Holy and Most Holy.

The Red Heifer was taken outside the camp of Israel, and was there killed and burned to ashes--flesh, fat, hide, blood, etc.--except a little of the blood taken by the priest and sprinkled seven times toward the front of the Tabernacle (Revised Version and Leeser). The ashes of the heifer were not brought into the Holy place, but were left outside the Camp, gathered together in a heap, and apparently accessible to any of the people who had use for them. Under the prescription of the Law, a portion of the ashes was to be mixed with water in a vessel, and a bunch of hyssop dipped into this mixture was to be used in sprinkling the person, clothing, tent, etc., of the legally unclean, for their purification.

Upvote 0