Visit site
✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, while we're showing godfather pictures...my godfather is the monk in the background. I miss him.

1-66.jpg

Upvote 0

repentant

Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.
Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
nicodemus said:
Well, while we're showing godfather pictures...my godfather is the monk in the background. I miss him.

1-66.jpg

That's your Godfather??!! I know him. I forget his name but he is the monk that greets you when you go to St. Anthony's monastery. An he only really speaks Greek. That is cool that he is your Godfather.

Edit: I think that is him, lol. Tell me if I'm correct.

That pic looks like it is at the front entrance to the Monastery where the bird "Tony" is.

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Orthodox Christian
Nov 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
repentant said:
That's your Godfather??!! I know him. I forget his name but he is the monk that greets you when you go to St. Anthony's monastery. An he only really speaks Greek. That is cool that he is your Godfather.

Edit: I think that is him, lol. Tell me if I'm correct.

That pic looks like it is at the front entrance to the Monastery where the bird "Tony" is.
No, must be someone different. He's Russian and speaks only Russian and English (unless he's taken up Greek since he's been there!) I think he's working in the bookstore now.

He actually chose St. Anthony's partially because he couldn't speak Greek and said he'd be less tempted to idle chatter (which wasn't a problem for him anyway!)

Upvote 0

repentant

Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.
Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
nicodemus said:
No, must be someone different. He's Russian and speaks only Russian and English (unless he's taken up Greek since he's been there!) I think he's working in the bookstore now.

He actually chose St. Anthony's partially because he couldn't speak Greek and said he'd be less tempted to idle chatter (which wasn't a problem for him anyway!)

Yeah that's where the monk I am speaking of works as well, in the bookstore. That's where you go to when you first get there. Anyway it looks exactly like him. Although all the monks have beards, they don't really look the same. Maybe he learned Greek now and speaks it to me, since I am Greek. I assumed he was Greek, cause he has an ancent when trying to speak English. What is his name?

Haha it's funny, cause that one Priest I guess he is, loks so out of place next to Elder Paisios and I guess that's EP Bartholomew, but can't tell. Kinda doesn't look like him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.