Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
National Day of Prayer here in the US, thanks be to God we still have Thee solitary God in America!

Going back as far as I remember in Pentecostal circles, is the teaching of sparing no opportunity to give thanks, even when making request.

Question is, should this be thanksgiving for the opportunity itself and-or the answer?

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God

(Philippians 4:6)​

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
National Day of Prayer here in the US, thanks be to God we still have Thee solitary God in America!

Going back as far as I remember in Pentecostal circles, is the teaching of sparing no opportunity to give thanks, even when making request.

Question is, should this be thanksgiving for the opportunity itself and-or the answer?

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God

(Philippians 4:6)​
National Day of Prayer in the USA,That is great and I shall be praying with you today! Thanking God for the opportunity and for the answers that will come from our praying today.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Some one said,' A day without prayer makes one weak!'
Pardon me brother QB, but I think I heard a variation of that, saying,

'Seven days without prayer makes one weak.'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Keep praying! Never give up!
Practically speaking, I'm quiet sure the Apostle knew this wouldn't always be fully possible. Wouldn't the next logical point of reason lay on not letting anything in life be cause for us not addressing the Father in heaven?

Pray without ceasing.

(1 Thessalonians 5:17)

Upvote 0