Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was the headline accurate? Yes, so if a problem exists with it the problem belongs to those that apply a false narrative to it. The story in question doesn't push any agenda other than what actually occurred.

If the story had been, " Black officer shoots white woman in her own home" would you had complained in the same manner?
My entire point is that it has nothing to do with race. Its not like the officer shot her BECAUSE she was black which is the implication of the headline.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I discern that you have not discerned what is happening to black people in America. There is nothing nafarious about revealing the race of the people in the article.Maybe you are one who does not care because it is not happening to you.
So what is the solution that you have for the problem with inter-city crime? Black on black crime is more prevalent than white on black crime, but where's the outcry about that?

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I discern that you have not discerned what is happening to black people in America. There is nothing nafarious about revealing the race of the people in the article.Maybe you are one who does not care because it is not happening to you.
You know its interesting that you say I'm delusional because its not happening to me but I actually work in downtown fort worth on a 911 ambulance and see first hand what happens. The hurt and pain I see bothers me, and the amount of times I've seen police go OUT of their way to help people that have been hurt by others is way more than I can count even after 1 year. Yet all of you think that one officer making a mistake defines the entirety of the police department as a whole.

• Agree
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
And by the way, I'm speaking of the overall political agenda. Not simply whats being discussed in this thread.
...then shouldn't you start your own thread to discuss this instead of bringing your agenda to this one? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My entire point is that it has nothing to do with race. Its not like the officer shot her BECAUSE she was black which is the implication of the headline.
uhmmm...this is the headline:
Texas police officer shoots woman to death inside her home
could you point out where color was mentioned in it? :scratch:
tulc(can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere in the headline) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So what is the solution that you have for the problem with inter-city crime? Black on black crime is more prevalent than white on black crime, but where's the outcry about that?
This thread is not about inner city crime is it? It is about a woman getting shot and killed by a police officer in her own home.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The headline doesn't imply the officer shot her because she was black, you applied that to the headline, which was my point.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You know its interesting that you say I'm delusional because its not happening to me but I actually work in downtown fort worth on a 911 ambulance and see first hand what happens. The hurt and pain I see bothers me, and the amount of times I've seen police go OUT of their way to help people that have been hurt by others is way more than I can count even after 1 year. Yet all of you think that one officer making a mistake defines the entirety of the police department as a whole.
Please do not attempt to put words into my mouth. I never said you were delusional. And you are taking offense when we are not discussing you. So you are what is considered a first res ponder. I am sure you have see a lot of tragedy. The story in the article is a tragedy, but you do not seem to think it ranks with other tragedies.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please do not attempt to put words into my mouth. I never said you were delusional. And you are taking offense when we are not discussing you. So you are what is considered a first res ponder. I am sure you have see a lot of tragedy. The story in the article is a tragedy, but you do not seem to think it ranks with other tragedies.
No we're not discussing me, and it isn't about me, but I have personal testimony of what its like in Fort Worth and that's what I was giving.

My point ultimately is not that this isn't a tragedy - it is, and justice needs to be had for it. But if the only time we care about the lives of people is when they get killed by a police officer, then nothing is going to change. We have a society bent and geared toward violence and paranoia. Officers unjustly killing innocent civilians is a symptom of the larger problem - and that problem isn't discriminatory or corrupt police departments per se.

I post all of this because this thread is a cataloging of one issue that is part of the bigger picture - that picture being that violence is resorted to first more these days than ever before and people are getting hurt because of it.

Some are going to take this story and use it to argue reformation in policing, which may be necessary. But why isn't anybody taking stories like these and arguing against the normalization of violence within our culture? To me, that's the injustice.

Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟88,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone seen the body cam yet? Or is it yet another one of those that conveniently malfunctions just in time, is conveniently pointed in the wrong direction, or that the police refuse to release in it's ENTIRETY? That happens a lot.
I hear that a 2nd cop was there but his/her body cam has not been released.

This isn't about needed re-training. It's about common sense. The officer could have easily retreated and called in backup or a swat team to smoke the place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone seen the body cam yet? Or is it yet another one of those that conveniently malfunctions just in time, is conveniently pointed in the wrong direction, or that the police refuse to release in it's ENTIRETY? That happens a lot.
I hear that a 2nd cop was there but his/her body cam has not been released.

This isn't about needed re-training. It's about common sense. The officer could have easily retreated and called in backup or a swat team to smoke the place.
The OP provides the link with the body cam. It appears that the officer shot through a window just after seeing the woman. He yells for her to put her hands up and fires.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did I see that right, they shot her through the window?
Yes. He doesn't try to announce that he is the police, even though the light is on in the front of the house. What was the woman to think?
She may have had a gun when she was shot but she has a right to defend herself.

It looks like a bad shooting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes. He doesn't try to announce that he is the police, even though the light is on in the front of the house. What was the woman to think?
She may have had a gun when she was shot but she has a right to defend herself.

It looks like a bad shooting.
I agree, it looks like a bad shooting. I mean didn't he expect someone to be home? I watched the clip that was at the link. It looked to me as if the officer was in the garage and not in the house proper. He did not identify himself as police either before he shot. Actually he did not even give opportunity for her to comply with his command before he shot.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree, it looks like a bad shooting. I mean didn't he expect someone to be home? I watched the clip that was at the link. It looked to me as if the officer was in the garage and not in the house proper. He did not identify himself as police either before he shot. Actually he did not even give opportunity for her to comply with his command before he shot.
Yes, I saw that. Young police officer most likely scared and over reacted.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,189.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I saw that. Young police officer most likely scared and over reacted.
So my point is that if they are scared, they do not need to be police officers. They should be trained how to deal with open garage doors. I say garage door because it looked like he was in the garage in the clip. The article is misleading if that is the case. People do leave their garage doors open. Sometimes they forget to close them.I would never call the cops if I saw a garage door open. In the clip, it looked to me as if the other doors were closed and the officer saw the woman through a window.

Upvote 0