loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Texas police officer shoots woman to death inside her home
A Fort Worth police officer checking out a residence with an open door opened fire on a woman inside her home, killing her, authorities said.

The shooting early Saturday occurred less than two weeks after a police officer in nearby Dallas was found guilty of murder for fatally shooting a man in his home in 2018. In both cases the officers are white and the victims were African American.

In the Fort Worth shooting at 2:25 a.m. Saturday, authorities have the officer's body-camera footage.
tulc( :sigh: )

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟934,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The police were called by a neighbor, so the officer suspected something was wrong. The door was standing open, another sign something was wrong. A gun was found on the premises, the article doesn’t say where.
But boy that headline is sure cool isn’t it? Let’s inflame everyone before we get the whole story. Isn’t this fun?

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟934,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My door is open lots of times.
Yeah? And your neighbor calls police lots of times? And you own a gun? I’m not saying things don’t go wrong. But the sensational, one sided headlines are getting old.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The city I live in just built a fire range and training center for our police. They need to be properly trained so this sort of thing does not happen. We will be providing training for all the police in our area.

Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The police were called by a neighbor, so the officer suspected something was wrong. The door was standing open, another sign something was wrong.
well...they could be signs of something wrong, or they aren't. Shouldn't there be some sort of investigating if something is actually wrong first? Could be they were just up late on a Saturday night. :sigh:

A gun was found on the premises, the article doesn’t say where.
...or when. But if it had been in the woman's hand when they shot her you don't think they would have had that front and center of their story? :scratch:

But boy that headline is sure cool isn’t it?
...well let's see
Texas police officer shoots woman to death inside her home
hmmm...I don't know about "cool" but there was a woman, she was in her own house, she was shot to death and it was a Texas police officer that shot her...it all seems pretty accurate to me. Could you point out any errors you see in it?

Let’s inflame everyone before we get the whole story.
uhmmm...as far as I can tell, this IS the whole story so far. do you know something about this that isn't in the article? Or some facts that would change the headline to something less "cool"?

Isn’t this fun?
Not really, there's a woman dead and a man who was trying to be a good neighbor was partly responsible for her death and another man who probably became a cop to try and help other people is the one who killed her. I'm not seeing a single bit of "fun" anywhere in this story. :sigh:
tulc(isn't seeing anything "cool" in it either) :(

Upvote 0

BeachSun

Beach Comber
May 14, 2015
So Cal
✟183,730.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yeah? And your neighbor calls police lots of times? And you own a gun? I’m not saying things don’t go wrong. But the sensational, one sided headlines are getting old.
Yes, yes, and yes.
The police are immediately wrong - at least in the media.
I have SO much more I could say, but I’ll just leave it at: So easy to judge the decisions of one in a life and death job from one who has never experienced anything close to that.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The city I live in just built a fire range and training center for our police. They need to be properly trained so this sort of thing does not happen. We will be providing training for all the police in our area.
I can attest first-hand that Fort Worth Police are very well trained. It is easy to place oneself in the officer's shoes and say we wouldn't have reacted similarly. However, this event will most definitely be politicized which is unfortunate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can attest first-hand that Fort Worth Police are very well trained. It is easy to place oneself in the officer's shoes and say we wouldn't have reacted similarly. However, this event will most definitely be politicized which is unfortunate.
An innocent person is dead. Good people do not end up with bad results because God and the angels are watching over them. I can not believe that you are suggesting that there is nothing wrong with them shooting a property owner. The very person they were hired to protect.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟934,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well...they could be signs of something wrong, or they aren't. Shouldn't there be some sort of investigating if something is actually wrong first? Could be they were just up late on a Saturday night. :sigh:

...or when. But if it had been in the woman's hand when they shot her you don't think they would have had that front and center of their story? :scratch:

...well let's see

hmmm...I don't know about "cool" but there was a woman, she was in her own house, she was shot to death and it was a Texas police officer that shot her...it all seems pretty accurate to me. Could you point out any errors you see in it?

uhmmm...as far as I can tell, this IS the whole story so far. do you know something about this that isn't in the article? Or some facts that would change the headline to something less "cool"?

Not really, there's a woman dead and a man who was trying to be a good neighbor was partly responsible for her death and another man who probably became a cop to try and help other people is the one who killed her. I'm not seeing a single bit of "fun" anywhere in this story. :sigh:
tulc(isn't seeing anything "cool" in it either) :(
I know how you HATE to not get the last word in, so I’ll just say my statement stands.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My neighbors are very observant and are familiar with my habits. The problem I see in this situation is neighbors not knowing neighbor. My neighbors would never call the police just because they see my door standing open. They might call me on the phone or even stop by to make sure everything was ok. My neighbors notice even service vehicles that are at my house.IMHO the police should be familiar with the people they patrol and have sense enough not to enter their houses with guns blazing since their job is to serve and protect, not kill.If they are scared for their lives then they do not need to be police. These things did not happen in the past. This is a symptom of a sick trigger happy society that shoots first and investigate later imho. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems to me that black people have to police called on them just on general principle.They can just be sitting in a cafe, or sleeping in college lounge, or bar-b-queing a park, or eating ice cream and watching t.v. in their own apartment.And IMHO there is something wrong in the heads of people who find excuses for people who do this. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the headline that reported this. It got folks attention and it should have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The police were called by a neighbor, so the officer suspected something was wrong. The door was standing open, another sign something was wrong. A gun was found on the premises, the article doesn’t say where.
But boy that headline is sure cool isn’t it? Let’s inflame everyone before we get the whole story. Isn’t this fun?
There was nothing wrong with the headline because it was correct. That a gun was present in the house means nothing. If the body cam video was accurate, the officer fired just after his first warning.

Sadly, a woman died who didn't have to. She did nothing wrong and isn't the first person to die, in their own homes, when officers responded to a call from outside the residence.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An innocent person is dead. Good people do not end up with bad results because God and the angels are watching over them. I can not believe that you are suggesting that there is nothing wrong with them shooting a property owner. The very person they were hired to protect.
I did not say that what happened is okay. However, it just seems to me that some only care about the lives of others when it fits their agenda. Did you know that an officer was killed the same day in the Houston area while trying to help a motorist on the side of the road? He was killed by traffic, and that's someone that won't be able to go home to his family. Yes, the Fort Worth incident is tragic and just action needs to be taken after all the facts have been gathered, but it seems that most only cry out about the lives of innocents when an agenda can be pushed and that's wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know how you HATE to not get the last word in, so I’ll just say my statement stands.
I know you want to make this personal but since you're the one who used the words "cool" and "fun" in describing this woman being killed are you sure you want to let your statement stand? :scratch:
tulc(thinks those seemed a little...inappropriate) :sorry:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) but it seems that most only cry out about the lives of innocents when an agenda can be pushed and that's wrong.
I'm going to have to point out: so far the only people pushing an agenda seemed to be the people preemptively defending the police officer from "an agenda" that wasn't happening in this thread. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm going to have to point out: so far the only people pushing an agenda seemed to be the people preemptively defending the police officer from "an agenda" that wasn't happening in this thread. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :sigh:
Oh really? That's funny because every news article I've read on the internet from CNN to USA to CBS all start out with saying "White Police officer shoots and kills black female in her own home" as if race had anything to do with what happened. If you can sit there and tell me with honesty that there isn't an agenda being pushed with this story, you must not be able to discern it.

And by the way, I'm speaking of the overall political agenda. Not simply whats being discussed in this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh really? That's funny because every news article I've read on the internet from CNN to USA to CBS all start out with saying "White Police officer shoots and kills black female in her own home" as if race had anything to do with what happened. If you can sit there and tell me with honesty that there isn't an agenda being pushed with this story, you must not be able to discern it.
Was the headline accurate? Yes, so if a problem exists with it the problem belongs to those that apply a false narrative to it. The story in question doesn't push any agenda other than what actually occurred.

If the story had been, " Black officer shoots white woman in her own home" would you had complained in the same manner?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

And by the way, I'm speaking of the overall political agenda. Not simply whats being discussed in this thread.
I discern that you have not discerned what is happening to black people in America. There is nothing nafarious about revealing the race of the people in the article.Maybe you are one who does not care because it is not happening to you.

Upvote 0