Northwest
✟17,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello to whoever’s eyes are scanning my words! I’m new here ... obviously. I’m a bit awkward when it comes to introductions, but I’ll try for your sake.

I’m a Christian who loves the word of God, and does their best to LIVE it. I am passionate about wisdom, understanding, knowledge, and the charity of God.

I enjoy learning, reading, writing, art, and being diligent. I know this may sound dreadfully boring to people, but it’s so much fun for me. I was learning the Korean, Russian, and German languages, but put that aside so I could spend more time reading my Bible, and modern books from Christians and Apostles.

I confess I’m proud of my accomplishments in astral projection and o.b.e.’s. But some people say it’s wrong. I know it’s wrong to have pride, but astral travel is my cup of tea. It’s not like I use it to do evil things.

Sometimes I get confused on what’s right and wrong, so that’s why I signed up for Christian Forums.

I don’t attend any church, but I do watch Sid Roth’s show. The reason I don’t go to church is because where I’m living right now; English is the second language, and the preaching is seldom in English.

May God bless the beautiful eyes that read this!

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Gracia Singh! I understand your warning, but Apostle Paul did this (o.b.e.) all the time. God Bless!
No, friend. He was taken up by God, in visions. His spiritual experiences, either way, were God-given.

He did not seek to project himself, travel, or leave his body of his own will via visualization, meditation, or practice. What you are describing is quite dangerous.

Upvote 0

IAM815518

Mar 4, 2019
Northwest
✟17,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, friend. He was taken up by God, in visions. His spiritual experiences, either way, were God-given.

He did not seek to project himself, travel, or leave his body of his own will via visualization, meditation, or practice. What you are describing is quite dangerous.

Yes, what you have said is very true. Perhaps I was wrong to call it ‘astral projection.’ All the things you mentioned, I do NOT do. So whatever my God given ability is, I give thanks to God for it.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t attend any church, but I do watch Sid Roth’s show.

I don't attend an actual church either, but I can tell you for certain, Sid Roth is far from an equivalent.

He's, as you say, a "show", and I personally think he makes Christianity more about amazing us with supernatural things, and any Christian in this for the reason of being awed at such things is in it for the wrong reason. Not to mention I don't believe most, if anything he claims happened. He's about making money for a show, nothing more, because some people buy that stuff....literally.

God is quite enough as he is, no fake add ons necessary.

Please forgive me for getting right down to it, but as I understood you, that's why you were here so, just wanted to get that out of the way.

Oh, and welcome! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to the forums!

I would echo the warnings against astral projection and OBE. I tried that back in my high school days and ended up with demonic attachments from it. What ever God does (like take Paul to heaven) the devil will try to copy. THe main difference (for us to tell) is who initiates it; God or us?

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello to whoever’s eyes are scanning my words! I’m new here ... obviously. I’m a bit awkward when it comes to introductions, but I’ll try for your sake.

I’m a Christian who loves the word of God, and does their best to LIVE it. I am passionate about wisdom, understanding, knowledge, and the charity of God.

I enjoy learning, reading, writing, art, and being diligent. I know this may sound dreadfully boring to people, but it’s so much fun for me. I was learning the Korean, Russian, and German languages, but put that aside so I could spend more time reading my Bible, and modern books from Christians and Apostles.

I confess I’m proud of my accomplishments in astral projection and o.b.e.’s. But some people say it’s wrong. I know it’s wrong to have pride, but astral travel is my cup of tea. It’s not like I use it to do evil things.

Sometimes I get confused on what’s right and wrong, so that’s why I signed up for Christian Forums.

I don’t attend any church, but I do watch Sid Roth’s show. The reason I don’t go to church is because where I’m living right now; English is the second language, and the preaching is seldom in English.

May God bless the beautiful eyes that read this!
Welcome to the forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IAM815518

Mar 4, 2019
Northwest
✟17,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't attend an actual church either, but I can tell you for certain, Sid Roth is far from an equivalent.

He's, as you say, a "show", and I personally think he makes Christianity more about amazing us with supernatural things, and any Christian in this for the reason of being awed at such things is in it for the wrong reason. Not to mention I don't believe most, if anything he claims happened. He's about making money for a show, nothing more, because some people buy that stuff....literally.

God is quite enough as he is, no fake add ons necessary.

Please forgive me for getting right down to it, but as I understood you, that's why you were here so, just wanted to get that out of the way.

Oh, and welcome! :)

Thanks! I understand what you’re saying about the S.R. show. Although I personally don’t approve of his study Bible, I think he’s doing his best in sincerity and truth.

Perhaps it’s not right that I watch this show to be awed. And you’re absolutely right that God is enough!

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

IAM815518

Mar 4, 2019
Northwest
✟17,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forums!

I would echo the warnings against astral projection and OBE. I tried that back in my high school days and ended up with demonic attachments from it. What ever God does (like take Paul to heaven) the devil will try to copy. THe main difference (for us to tell) is who initiates it; God or us?

Thanks! After just now researching astral projection, I realize I made a false claim. I honestly don’t understand why and how I can do such things.

It started when I was a 12 year old kid. I saw the roof of my apartment, and below I saw my friend skipping to my door. I remember laughing to myself because her hair was different- she had her hair up in pigtails with blue puffy hair ties. Then as she pushed the doorbell, I fell through the roof lighter than air, and woke up in my body. When I answered the door, she looked exactly like how I saw her.

Years later I was sleeping in my cousins room, and my sister and cousin were talking and laughing amongst themselves. They totally ignored me, and although I was crying and almost yelling at them they continued to laugh. So I grabbed some objects nearby, and threw them at the girls laughing heads. The objects hit them pretty hard. Then my cousin and sister stopped laughing, and said, “Ouch! What the heck! Suddenly I have a headache!” And the other responded, “Ugh, me too! Bring me some medicine.” Then my sister leaned over and shook the bed I was on.

Immediately, I felt heavier, and I woke up inside my body. When I got up I asked my sister what happened. She said everything was normal until they felt a sharp pain in their heads. I felt guilty.

Sorry for the long explanation! These are but the tip of an iceberg in my experiences.

Can you explain why this happened, and what is the proper name for it?

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks! I understand what you’re saying about the S.R. show. Although I personally don’t approve of his study Bible, I think he’s doing his best in sincerity and truth.

Perhaps it’s not right that I watch this show to be awed. And you’re absolutely right that God is enough!

Thanks for considering what I mentioned and not taking it as a demand like it may have sounded. Just my thoughts on the show since I have seen it a few times.

I think that area is just a sore spot with me. Once we've seen enough people doing all kinds of nonsense in the church, pushing/falling all over the place, pretending tongues, rolling around on stage and claiming healing or money from heaven. Or basically making things more exiting by deluding people with things that aren't proven real, we tend to get a little jaded.

But we'll all decide what's best/real for ourselves.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry for the long explanation! These are but the tip of an iceberg in my experiences.

Can you explain why this happened, and what is the proper name for it?
Why? Not really.

HOW? It sounds like it was done by demonic deception. I strongly urge you to find someone trained in this kind of situation and have them pray with and for you for proper spiritual discernment.

I suggest getting ahold of either Derek Prince Ministries, LeSEA ministries or Presbyterian Reform Ministries International for a local referral.

Upvote 0

IAM815518

Mar 4, 2019
Northwest
✟17,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why? Not really.

HOW? It sounds like it was done by demonic deception. I strongly urge you to find someone trained in this kind of situation and have them pray with and for you for proper spiritual discernment.

I suggest getting ahold of either Derek Prince Ministries, LeSEA ministries or Presbyterian Reform Ministries International for a local referral.

Okay, thanks for the recommendations!

Upvote 0