Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
After years of looking for it all over Texas I had finally found THE firearm I had been looking for at a price I felt reasonable to pay. A Henry All Weather .357/.38 Stainless Steel with Black Walnut stock. Took it out to the range this past weekend and it shot amazingly. The range gunsmith came up and admired it. Like me he had been wanting one. This week I hand loaded some ammo and was going to the range after work to see how the new loads shot.

2:00 pm, broad daylight in front of my workplace, two thieves broke into my truck and stole my guns, my go bag, my CB radio and a dozen other things of great sentimental value to me. We almost caught them as they also tried to take the truck but they got away. I spent hours waiting for local LEO to arrive. Then more hours waiting for another to arrive to give them the serial numbers.

The "test" of my Christian metal is not wanting to kill them. The "test" is praying that something good comes out of all of this. The "test" is in fully accepting that we cannot put any value on material things because they will be stolen, broken, burned in fire, destroyed by water. I have had ALL of those things happen since I became a young adult over the past 50 years. Please pray for me to honestly accept that material things should not be considered to make us happy or remind us of those loved ones we have lost. (They also stole a very special knife that had been my Dad's who passed away last this last year.) Things I had held onto for over 40 years from the service were taken in seconds. The most comfortable backpack I had ever owned because I found it in a second hand store (as most of it was) broken in or broken and fixed, but it was mine. Now, a thief who knows nothing of what I went through to acquire those things has them. Or has sold them. Lord, help me to put this behind me and move on. And enjoy this Mothers day with my mom because it might be her last. Amen.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After years of looking for it all over Texas I had finally found THE firearm I had been looking for at a price I felt reasonable to pay. A Henry All Weather .357/.38 Stainless Steel with Black Walnut stock. Took it out to the range this past weekend and it shot amazingly. The range gunsmith came up and admired it. Like me he had been wanting one. This week I hand loaded some ammo and was going to the range after work to see how the new loads shot.

2:00 pm, broad daylight in front of my workplace, two thieves broke into my truck and stole my guns, my go bag, my CB radio and a dozen other things of great sentimental value to me. We almost caught them as they also tried to take the truck but they got away. I spent hours waiting for local LEO to arrive. Then more hours waiting for another to arrive to give them the serial numbers.

The "test" of my Christian metal is not wanting to kill them. The "test" is praying that something good comes out of all of this. The "test" is in fully accepting that we cannot put any value on material things because they will be stolen, broken, burned in fire, destroyed by water. I have had ALL of those things happen since I became a young adult over the past 50 years. Please pray for me to honestly accept that material things should not be considered to make us happy or remind us of those loved ones we have lost. (They also stole a very special knife that had been my Dad's who passed away last this last year.) Things I had held onto for over 40 years from the service were taken in seconds. The most comfortable backpack I had ever owned because I found it in a second hand store (as most of it was) broken in or broken and fixed, but it was mine. Now, a thief who knows nothing of what I went through to acquire those things has them. Or has sold them. Lord, help me to put this behind me and move on. And enjoy this Mothers day with my mom because it might be her last. Amen.

That sucks. I hope you get your stuff back.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Brother Matthew

May 8, 2019
Ft. Wayne, IN
✟16,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother,
I Am so sorry to here that happened to you, I know how it feels, you feel like have been violated, hurt you spent so many of the hours of life acquiring something just to have it taken away. I know that feeling and like you we cant help some of the emotional response's or thoughts that enter into our lives.
But they are just tools, you are safe no one else was hurt physically and that is a win.
You have displayed the right attitude.
Life is purely experiential and you get to take that with you everything else stays even the flesh.

“There is only one commodity that we are given from birth and that is time! This time is temporal and is of the highest value. This is the only thing that we have to barter with, trade with for what we might need in this world.” – Matthew Gearhart Sr. “The Lamp upon the Table – Enlightens the Narrow Path”

What they really took was evidence of time spent and a life lived, I Am sorry that happened but they didn't get the experiences you had acquiring those tools ;-)
Brother another thought your go bag is to be hidden someplace safe away from the normal in your life, just a thought.
Much love for how you handled that it is hard to temper and meter ones own feelings. I just wanted to give a shout out because I know that feeling.

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yes. You suffered loss. The katrina victims lost thier entire homes and belongings and some died..
What comes to mind is...for these present trials do not compare to what is in heaven for us. I beleive your forgivenss and acceptance of this trial will restore your lost posessions in heaven. For your forgivenss and acceptance is a gift in iteself. a spiritaul gift though. that cannot be seen or destroyed a gift that lasts for ever, Gd bless you and im sorry for your loss

Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow that is rough! I know it is easy to say material things don't matter, but they can have a value to us beyond there physical substance. (Like your dad's knife.) Praying for you and that God helps you not only deal with the loss but also to come out better because of it. If you get any peace along these lines, please share them with us. We could all learn to value the spirit more than the physical.

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4 16-18

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you all for your kind words. They do help as we need to stay focused on the spiritual outcome while living in a physical world. I pray that the outcome is as our Lord intends and good in the long run.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*mettle.

Had to point that out as a fan of Christian metal. :sunglasses:

Sucks to hear, though. I hope you get your stuff back, that the law finds them, and that you're able to handle this with grace for the next few weeks and beyond.
I understand what you mean and thank you for your prays. Here is another way to look at the word metal. As a 64 year old with fabrication and machining under my belt I meant the hard processed iron ore containing carbon and forced out of extruders at high temperature to produce the shapes needed by the designer to use as the framework in order to build tall buildings so that superman can leap them with a single bound.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hate a thief! I'd feed him if he was hungry, but stealing from me just flips my switch, jumps my fence, and slams my gate. You have every reason to be angry. Even Christ got angry.

In the end it doesn't matter as long as you can afford to replace. Looking for it and shopping around is sometimes half the fun! Go forth and have a "do over".

• Agree
Upvote 0