✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
awesome liver said:
KING: Why do you undergo, Michael, all that pressure. I'm back to that again. OK. It was a wish. If she's not in pain -- and by the way, she's not artificially being kept alive in that sense, she's not in a comma. She's being fed. Again, I come back to, all right. Give it up.

M. SCHIAVO: I won't give it up. Terri is my life. I'm going to carry out her wishes to the very end. This is what she wanted. It's not about the Schindlers, it's not about me, not about Congress, it's about Terri.

OH NO NOT OUT OF WEDLOCK THAT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE! that's an entirely different argument.

It brings into question Michael's judgement and whether his wishes for Terri to die are his or hers.. so it is a relevant argument to the OP

Upvote 0

PACKY

Contributor
Dec 24, 2004
✟24,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
awesome liver said:
KING: Why do you undergo, Michael, all that pressure. I'm back to that again. OK. It was a wish. If she's not in pain -- and by the way, she's not artificially being kept alive in that sense, she's not in a comma. She's being fed. Again, I come back to, all right. Give it up.

M. SCHIAVO: I won't give it up. Terri is my life. I'm going to carry out her wishes to the very end. This is what she wanted. It's not about the Schindlers, it's not about me, not about Congress, it's about Terri.

OH NO NOT OUT OF WEDLOCK THAT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE! that's an entirely different argument.

he claims that Terri is his life yet he goes home to another women with which he has started a family with, If she was truly his life as he claims he would be by her side instead of copulating with another women. JUST MY OPINION.

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
NFSteelers said:
To add to this, he did not come out and say Terri's wishes were to not be kept alive under these circumstances until 7 years AFTER she was first put on the tube. Subsequently, at that time he was dating another woman, who he now bears children with.

I didn't know that about the seven years. Yet they take him at his word that she told him she wanted to die. Amazing.

Upvote 0

wvernon

Sep 7, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟1,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
awesome liver said:
if you were married to someone and you loved them for all the time, and suddenly she (or he) should suddenly suffer a horrific incident as they obviously have, and knowing full well that the brain-death is permanent (goes to science and what part of the brain is irreparably harmed), would you truly be showing love of prolonging an endless vegetative state or allowing the shell of a body to die? would i have been married to her, i'd be doing the same thing and damn anyone who wants to deprive me of a government granted right of guardianship where my interests are forever linked to hers.

Honestly, if a person is brain dead, then why is it loving or not loving to allow the shell to live. The person is supposedly gone anyway so there cannot be any cruelty as it is only a body.

However, many times people wake up out of a coma after many, many years. Do you not think they are grateful that the plug was not pulled on them? Who can rightfully decide to terminate another's life except God...or for the sake of argument, the incapacitated person. What if the person wants to live and others had not known their intentions? Is it right to kill someone because it is believed they wanted to die? What if they had stated they had wanted to die at some point in the past, perhaps casually, perhaps not, and then at a later point decided to live no matter what, but did not and is now unable to express their desire to a guardian or in a legal document? In this case, it now becomes wrong as the guardian is now acting against the will of the injured.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
he claims that Terri is his life yet he goes home to another women with which he has started a family with, If she was truly his life as he claims he would be by her side instead of copulating with another women. JUST MY OPINION.
What floors me is that right after they removed Terri's feeding tube.. his lawyer said .. "that Michael is spending time with Terri." That was almost laughable.. because he hadn't spent 'time' with her for years!

Upvote 0

wvernon

Sep 7, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟1,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
awesome liver said:
she's dead. he believes her to be dead. her body is sustained by artificial means. the state has been sustaining death. what laws did he break by having kids outside of wedlock?

She's as dead as a paraplegic...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awesome liver

Mar 1, 2005
✟16,471.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
Chara said:
What floors me is that right after they removed Terri's feeding tube.. his lawyer said .. "that Michael is spending time with Terri." That was almost laughable.. because he hadn't spent 'time' with her for years!

having sex with a lifeless body is fairly reprehensible. he's still married on paper for the purposes of guardianship and fulfilling a moral obligation to be her guardian which is a burden. there's more there than anyone gives him credit for.

Upvote 0

PACKY

Contributor
Dec 24, 2004
✟24,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
awesome liver said:
paraplegics can still think and express.
SHE CRIES EVERY MONTH WHEN GETS HER PERIOD AS TEH CRAMPING PAINS ARE PAINFUL.....

SHE SMILES WHEN SHE SEE'S HER PARENTS FAMILY.....

SHE CRIES WHEN THEY LEAVE....

IF THAT ISNT EXPRESSION WHAT IS!

Upvote 0

ZACTAK

Contributor
Feb 12, 2005
Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
awesome liver said:
having sex with a lifeless body is fairly reprehensible. he's still married on paper for the purposes of guardianship and fulfilling a moral obligation to be her guardian which is a burden. there's more there than anyone gives him credit for.

Guardianship should not be a burden. If he did not want to deal with something like this, he never should have married her. Yes, you can say how could he have known this was going to happen... but if he does not want to take on the full responsibilities of being a guardian he should not get married.

....in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

awesome liver said:

Oh.. so you think he shouldn't visit her unless he can have sex with her?

Upvote 0

PACKY

Contributor
Dec 24, 2004
✟24,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
awesome liver said:
riiiiiiiiiight.

MYTH: Terri is PVS (Persistent vegetative state)
FACT: The definition of PVS in Florida Statue 765.101:
Persistent vegetative state means a permanent and irreversible condition of unconsciousness in which there is:

(a) The absence of voluntary action or cognitive behavior of ANY kind.
(b) An inability to communicate or interact purposefully with the environment.

Terri's behavior does not meet the medical or statutory definition of persistent vegetative state. Terri responds to stimuli, tries to communicate verbally, follows limited commands, laughs or cries in interaction with loved ones, physically distances herself from irritating or painful stimulation and watches loved ones as they move around her. None of these behaviors are simple reflexes and are, instead, voluntary and cognitive. Though Terri has limitations, she does interact purposefully with her environment.

my response is on the same level of stating things without any facts to back up the claims.

can we try and be civil and follow CF policy while debating in these forums..

Upvote 0