Gatineau
✟8,103.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have met fellow believers and even read some posts on this site where people seem to be absolutely terrified out of their minds that they might inadvertently do something which might cause them to lose their salvation or make God so angry He disowns them or, at the very least, send them to hell.......

What causes some believers to become so incredibly petrified in fear over such a thing??

This perception of God just boggles my mind.......

Is it the story of Moses not being allowed into the Promised Land because of one slip up that gives birth to this kind of fear??

What kind of Heavenly Father do some people think they are serving??

A vindictive God who sits up in heaven with a lightning bolt in His hand just waiting for someone to screw up so He can blast them into a cinder???

I understand that everyone has doubts now and then, but to lie awake at night with your stomach tied in knots with terror and apprehension like this makes no sense to me at all.......
I have met fellow believers and even read some posts on this site where people seem to be absolutely terrified out of their minds that they might inadvertently do something which might cause them to lose their salvation or make God so angry He disowns them or, at the very least, send them to hell.......

What causes some believers to become so incredibly petrified in fear over such a thing??

This perception of God just boggles my mind.......

Is it the story of Moses not being allowed into the Promised Land because of one slip up that gives birth to this kind of fear??

What kind of Heavenly Father do some people think they are serving??

A vindictive God who sits up in heaven with a lightning bolt in His hand just waiting for someone to screw up so He can blast them into a cinder???

I understand that everyone has doubts now and then, but to lie awake at night with your stomach tied in knots with terror and apprehension like this makes no sense to me at all.......

Upvote 0

Mario Gagnon

Aug 18, 2017
Gatineau
✟8,103.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good day, I am one of those absolutely terrified at God's Holiness. The very fact that Jesus himself said "few will enter the narrow gate, some will try but will not succeed" is terrifying, why would I be one of the lucky one. We have to endure till the end if we want to be saved. Just to think that most of the people (including me probably) I see around me every day will most likely end up in hell prevents me from being a happy Christian. The deal is: Love Jesus of be tormented for eternity in Hell. You see, I would like to Love Jesus and obey him because I want to please him, but the fear of God and Hell is to powerful, I am stressed out, I do not sleep well, I have no pleasure in life and everything I do is out of fear. I have seen many videos of Christians who died and came back saying they went to Hell.. but if you are happy God bless you.

Upvote 0