United Kingdom
✟22,286.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all, a volunteer where I work told me this week that their ex partner's Mum, her children's Nan, has quite unexpectedly just been diagnosed with an illness and is, incredibly sadly, expected to live for around just one more week. Prayer around this would be really appreciated - that she will feel comforted at this time and live for much longer than this, in comfort and happiness. Also for her salvation... and wisdom for myself as to whether to help open up this door in some way, in case she may not be Christian, and if so what to say/do! (I am not sure if she is a believer or not). Thank you so much.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all, a volunteer where I work told me this week that their ex partner's Mum, her children's Nan, has quite unexpectedly just been diagnosed with an illness and is, incredibly sadly, expected to live for around just one more week. Prayer around this would be really appreciated - that she will feel comforted at this time and live for much longer than this, in comfort and happiness. Also for her salvation... and wisdom for myself as to whether to help open up this door in some way, in case she may not be Christian, and if so what to say/do! (I am not sure if she is a believer or not). Thank you so much.
Praying for your intentions Jane!

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps a card with a spiritual theme you could pass to her through the volunteer? Maybe one of those with a Bible quote, and a personal note from you saying how you heard about her and noting your phone # if she needs to talk. Let her know in the card you believe in the Lord and the afterlife and you're willing to come pray with her if she wants.

Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟267,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God would be present with your volunteer's ex-partner's mother and grant her healing. In addition to physical healing, I pray that she would come to know Jesus if she doesn't already.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Father, I pray for Nan that she will come to the saving grace of Jesus Christ if she doesn't know Him already. Please give her comfort and healing. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

JW876

Aug 25, 2020
United Kingdom
✟22,286.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps a card with a spiritual theme you could pass to her through the volunteer? Maybe one of those with a Bible quote, and a personal note from you saying how you heard about her and noting your phone # if she needs to talk. Let her know in the card you believe in the Lord and the afterlife and you're willing to come pray with her if she wants.

Hi Rachel, that is a nice idea. Although as I am Deputy Manager to the Volunteer, I am unsure whether doing this could be viewed to the Volunteer as overstepping boundaries professionally, if she were to hear about or read my wording in the card, communicating my beliefs to the women. But obviously the women's salvation is more important than this

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Rachel, that is a nice idea. Although as I am Deputy Manager to the Volunteer, I am unsure whether doing this could be viewed to the Volunteer as overstepping boundaries professionally, if she were to hear about or read my wording in the card, communicating my beliefs to the women. But obviously the women's salvation is more important than this

I agree it's a very sensitive issue. I wish you the best and pray the Lord will direct your steps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums