Oct 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟8,380.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I found this online. It is pretty good. Now at atleast read some of it before you spit on it if your against the Word of Faith. That way you are debating honestly.

http://www.victoryword.100megspop2.com/tenrsn/tillin_response.pdf

http://www.victoryword.100megspop2.com/tenrsn/tillin_response2.pdf

Have you noticed that most people who reject the Word of Faith have never actually read, seen, or heard a Word of Faith teaching? They just take a book that says they are a authority on it and receive it hook, line, and rod. Or they listen to a youtube clip, that doesn't show the foundation and context of something said. Most arguements against the Word of Faith is not even true or taken out of context.

Examples of this:
  1. Word of Faith doesn't believe in the deity of Jesus.
  • That is a flat lie. We believe in the trinity and that Jesus is God, who came in the flesh, died on the cross, and rose from the dead to redeem mankind.
2. Word of Faith is Christian Science.
  • Another lie. Christian Science denies the reality of things; like sickness does not exist, it is just in your mind. Word of Faith does not teach this. What they teach is that things like sickeness and lack do not have a right to stay in your life. They are real problems, but with faith you can change that reality. You can turn that bad into good with the power of God.
These arre just dum things that folks say. They usually will grab a sentence out of a 90 minute sermon and build a supposed Word of Faith doctrine on it.

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I found this online. It is pretty good. Now at atleast read some of it before you spit on it if your against the Word of Faith. That way you are debating honestly.

Have you noticed that most people who reject the Word of Faith have never actually read, seen, or heard a Word of Faith teaching? They just take a book that says they are a authority on it and receive it hook, line, and rod. Or they listen to a youtube clip, that doesn't show the foundation and context of something said. Most arguements against the Word of Faith is not even true or taken out of context.

Examples of this:

• That is a flat lie. We believe in the trinity and that Jesus is God, who came in the flesh, died on the cross, and rose from the dead to redeem mankind.
  • Another lie. Christian Science denies the reality of things; like sickness does not exist, it is just in your mind. Word of Faith does not teach this. What they teach is that things like sickeness and lack do not have a right to stay in your life. They are real problems, but with faith you can change that reality. You can turn that bad into good with the power of God.
These arre just dum things that folks say. They usually will grab a sentence out of a 90 minute sermon and build a supposed Word of Faith doctrine on it.

Great Post!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Um, I thought we heard complaints from WOF’ers about too many WOF threads in this forum. Personally, I am content to let the subject rest for a while—that is, IF WOF’ers WILL!!

If WOF doesn’t want any rebuttal to their pro-WOF posts, they need to post in the Word of Faith subforum, not in this debate forum, and give the rest of us a break.

Just a suggestion.

~Jim

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one is forcing anyone to post here. If your tired, don't open the thread. It's been suggested many times.

Well, that may have been one suggestion (although I do not recall reading it).

But, if you insist on talking about this tiresome old worn-out subject, hey, I’m up for it.

~Jim

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have read this. It gives a scholary and thorough rebuttal to Tricia Tillin's anti-wof tract. I wonder of Tillin has read it. :D

Speaking of Tiricia Tillin, here is her “Word of Faith Testimony.” http://www.intotruth.org/wof/mytest.html

Thanks for the heads-up. I had not heard of her until you so graciously supplied the name. :thumbsup:

~Jim

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Speaking of Tiricia Tillin, here is her “Word of Faith Testimony.” http://www.intotruth.org/wof/mytest.html

Thanks for the heads-up. I had not heard of her until you so graciously supplied the name. :thumbsup:

~Jim
No problem, Jim. But anyone who took two seconds out of their lives to click on the links provided in the OP (instead of spending those two seconds complaining about WOF threads) could have come up with the name themselves.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No problem, Jim. But anyone who took two seconds out of their lives to click on the links provided in the OP (instead of spending those two seconds complaining about WOF threads) could have come up with the name themselves.

But I don’t need to go to VW’s thread, I have known about it for about as long as I have been here. He posts in this forum from time to time and, frankly, I have not found his arguments that compelling.

And thanks again for the Tricia Tillin mention. It serves those of us well who don’t really want to go to the OP links (again). :thumbsup:

~Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

But I don’t need to go to VW’s thread, I have known about it for about as long as I have been here. He posts in this forum from time to time and, frankly, I have not found his arguments that compelling.
And I'm sure your anti-wof bias has absolutely nothing to do with that, right?

And thanks again for the Tricia Tillin mention. It serves those of us well who don’t really want to go to the OP links (again). :thumbsup:

~Jim
Why do I have this feeling you already knew who she was and are just telling me you just heard about her?

Anyway, if this your first time hearing about her, go ahead and believe her "testimony". It is just anti-wof rhetoric so it is probably right up your alley. :)

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I'm sure your anti-wof bias has absolutely nothing to do with that, right?

Why do I have this feeling you already knew who she was and are just telling me you just heard about her?

Anyway, if this your first time hearing about her, go ahead and believe her "testimony". It is just anti-wof rhetoric so it is probably right up your alley. :)

I never heard of Ms. Tillin before today. What would cause you to want to call a brother in Christ a liar without proof? That’s pretty brazen, WC. I have no reason to lie to anyone in this forum, much less you (with all due respect).

And I suppose Ms. Tillin is a liar, too.

Who do you believe?

~Jim

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I never heard of Ms. Tillin before today. What would cause you to want to call a brother in Christ a liar without proof? That’s pretty brazen, WC. I have no reason to lie to anyone in this forum, much less you (with all due respect).

And I suppose Ms. Tillin is a liar, too.

Who do you believe?

~Jim

Jim, I would NEVER call you a liar. That is against the forum rules.

I just have my suspicions. These suspicions are based on things you've said on this forum in the past. It just makes me raise an eyebrow. But if you say you've never heard of Tillin before today, I guess I can believe you.

I don't think Tillin is a liar. I think her hatred for WOF taints her perception of it and makes her point out "errors" in the movement (which are regurgitated arguments from other anti-wofers), even if it means she has to ignore evidence to the contrary. I believe she is very sincere in her hatred. So were the Pharisees, so was Hitler, so was Stalin. But, as I've heard before, you can be sincere and still be sincerely wrong.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jim, I would NEVER call you a liar. That is against the forum rules.

I just have my suspicions. These suspicions are based on things you've said on this forum in the past. It just makes me raise an eyebrow. But if you say you've never heard of Tillin before today, I guess I can believe you.

I don't think Tillin is a liar. I think her hatred for WOF taints her perception of it and makes her point out "errors" in the movement (which are regurgitated arguments from other anti-wofers), even if it means she has to ignore evidence to the contrary. I believe she is very sincere in her hatred. So were the Pharisees, so was Hitler, so was Stalin. But, as I've heard before, you can be sincere and still be sincerely wrong.

:eek: What on earth could I have ever said that would cause you to think I would not be truthful with you?

FYI, I have a personal revulsion to lying, WC. It is part my faith and part the way I was raised. Right now my, 87-year-old Dad is in the beginning stages of dementia, most likely Alzheimers, and for his safety and that of others I have had to disable his car keys by changing the chip and then move the car in the middle of the night to my house under the pretense of getting it repaired. It is deceptive and a lie but under the circumstances the only thing that would satisfy my Dad. He would never give up his car without a fight. Lying to my father is one of the hardest things I have had to deal with and either my overly-sensitive nature about lying or my conscience is giving me fits.

So, no, I would never lie about something as trivial has Ms. Tillin or, for that matter, anything else in anonymous forum like this. Why would I?

Maybe you should work on your suspicious nature rather than my integrity. :)

~Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Jim, keep in mind that I never write anything in any attempt to compel or convince YOU or any other WoF critic. Therefore, your being uncompelled is not a problem since it was never a factor in my writings.

Reactions: KingZzub
Upvote 0

MinJeremiah

Prosperous
Oct 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟8,380.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have read this. It gives a scholary and thorough rebuttal to Tricia Tillin's anti-wof tract. I wonder of Tillin has read it. :D

I see you like it also. It was really good.

WileyCoyote, I have never seen anyone debate the Word of Faith on facts. It is always distortion and flat out lies. I'd rather people just say I don't believe in that principle, than to say we believe something we don't. And don't be a hypocrite; practice what you proclaim. Have you ever heard someone say I don't believe in prosperity, but they have a job? Why are you working? They say they don't believe, but go to college and hold a degree. "Why do they work and go to school?" They go to be successful in life. They want prosperity. If you don't believe in it, then you should teach your children not to graduate. Also you should not work; that way you can be a failure. Now I know that I'll have those people who will say I just don't think money is included in prosperity. LOL. Whatever, successful people have lots of money. Don't lie and say I said you measure total success with money. I did not. However, money is a part. The entire deal with working and obtaining a secular degree is to make more money.

If you are against prosperity, I will email you my information so that you can give me all your money you make at work. I wouldn't want you to pay your bills and be out of the will of God.:D

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I see you like it also. It was really good.

WileyCoyote, I have never seen anyone debate the Word of Faith on facts. It is always distortion and flat out lies. I'd rather people just say I don't believe in that principle, than to say we believe something we don't. And don't be a hypocrite; practice what you proclaim. Have you ever heard someone say I don't believe in prosperity, but they have a job? Why are you working? They say they don't believe, but go to college and hold a degree. "Why do they work and go to school?" They go to be successful in life. They want prosperity. If you don't believe in it, then you should teach your children not to graduate. Also you should not work; that way you can be a failure. Now I know that I'll have those people who will say I just don't think money is included in prosperity. LOL. Whatever, successful people have lots of money. Don't lie and say I said you measure total success with money. I did not. However, money is a part. The entire deal with working and obtaining a secular degree is to make more money.

If you are against prosperity, I will email you my information so that you can give me all your money you make at work. I wouldn't want you to pay your bills and be out of the will of God.:D

LOL. My thoughts exactly. :D

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

:wave: Hi there.

Here is a link to the introductory page of that section of Troy's site. That way, people can have choice of HTML instead of PDF format, and can follow a link to Tricia Tillin's article, which apparently prompted Troy's responses.

Have you noticed that most people who reject the Word of Faith have never actually read, seen, or heard a Word of Faith teaching? They just take a book that says they are a authority on it and receive it hook, line, and rod.

Um, well, no, I have not noticed that to be true of "most" WoF-rejecters.

Or they listen to a youtube clip, that doesn't show the foundation and context of something said. Most arguements against the Word of Faith is not even true or taken out of context.

Examples of this:

I believe most critics would not claim that WoF flat-out denies the deity of Christ, but that it tends to diminish it. I would also aver that "traditional" Xianity swings a bit in the docetist direction.

When you have some entity that claimed to be Jesus telling the "father of the Faith Movement," "If you hadn't done something about that (a disruptive demon), I couldn't have," it's hard to claim that Faith Christology is consistent with Scripture.

There were plenty of times that I heard or read Faith teachers misusing Rom. 4:17 and 4:19 in ways so close to that that the difference is almost trivial.

Well, when the Faith preachers tend to boil everything down into memorable little aphorisms, and the father of the movement goes so far as to write a book titled, "You can Have what you Say," what do you expect?

Upvote 0