Least coast
✟83,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I know nothing at all about Mr. Easton and his Bible Commentary but I do not disagree with his definition of a covenant.

I do not know what you mean by “the covenant” as there are many covenants described in the Bible with the two major covenants being the Old and the New Covenants.

I suggest that you study Romans for an excellent discussion of the Old Covenant.

Hi bbbbbbb,

Have you ever heard of Webster's dictionary? Well, this is Easton's Bible Dictionary (as opposed to what you retitled as a "commentary," which is something much different.

Thank you for acknowledging your agreement with the dictionary definition of a covenant.

I'm uncertain, but your post appears to be either disingenuous or coy. On the one hand you seem to be complaining that "there are many covenants," and that you don't know of which covenant I'm speaking. But then you refer to Romans for an "excellent discussion of the Old Covenant." Why would you think I'd be referring to another one of the "many covenants" when it is the old and new covenants to which we are specifically referring?

Now, please answer my three other questions:
  • Do you agree that the [Old] covenant was not the law itself, but rather that the law was what was agreed to?
  • Do you agree that "God found fault with the people," and not with His own "perfect" law?
  • Do you agree that the reason "God found fault with the people" was "because they did not remain faithful to" the agreement?
God bless.

But for the grace of God go I,cyspark

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi ,

Have you ever heard of Webster's dictionary? Well, this is Easton's Bible Dictionary (as opposed to what you retitled as a "commentary," which is something much different.

Thank you for acknowledging your agreement with the dictionary definition of a covenant.

I'm uncertain, but your post appears to be either disingenuous or coy. On the one hand you seem to be complaining that "there are many covenants," and that you don't know of which covenant I'm speaking. But then you refer to Romans for an "excellent discussion of the Old Covenant." Why would you think I'd be referring to another one of the "many covenants" when it is the old and new covenants to which we are specifically referring?

Now, please answer my three other questions:
  • Do you agree that the [Old] covenant was not the law itself, but rather that the law was what was agreed to?
  • Do you agree that "God found fault with the people," and not with His own "perfect" law?
  • Do you agree that the reason "God found fault with the people" was "because they did not remain faithful to" the agreement?
God bless.

I have a copy of Webster’s Dictionary. You did refer to “the covenant” and not to the old and new covenants. I was merely trying to determine which covenant you meant.

I would like to know what is your point. It seems to me that you are interested in engaging in rhetorical arguments.

Upvote 0

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟83,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have a copy of Webster’s Dictionary. You did refer to “the covenant” and not to the old and new covenants. I was merely trying to determine which covenant you meant.

I would like to know what is your point. It seems to me that you are interested in engaging in rhetorical arguments. [That's an odd contention from someone who's usually not answering the questions they receive]

Hi bbbbbbb,

In post #187 you asserted, "the New Covenant is not a reformed version of the Old Covenant. Do you disagree with that?" Your position has been that the law of the Old covenant/agreement no longer applies. The New Covenant also has a plurality of "laws." I'm trying to get you to acknowledge the fallacy of your underlying beliefs which lead you to preclude that God's laws don't need to change. I'm sure you realize where I'm going with this, thus the aversion to answering the questions.

Third time. Please answer my three other questions:
God bless!

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi bbbbbbb,

In post #187 you asserted, "the New Covenant is not a reformed version of the Old Covenant. Do you disagree with that?" Your position has been that the law of the Old covenant/agreement no longer applies. The New Covenant also has a plurality of "laws." I'm trying to get you to acknowledge the fallacy of your underlying beliefs which lead you to preclude that God's laws don't need to change. I'm sure you realize where I'm going with this, thus the aversion to answering the questions.

Third time. Please answer my three other questions:
God bless!

Every covenant contains conditions which are to be met by one or both parties to the covenant. In the old covenant these conditions are called commandments and the body of these commandments is commonly known as the Law. Does this address your first question?

Upvote 0

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟83,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Every covenant contains conditions which are to be met by one or both parties to the covenant. In the old covenant these conditions are called commandments and the body of these commandments is commonly known as the Law. Does this address your first question?

Hi bbbbbbb,

I can work with that.

Ok, now you only have two questions remaining. I'd guess that now that you've answered the second question above, that these below shouldn't be too difficult:
God bless!

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi bbbbbbb,

I can work with that.

Ok, now you only have two questions remaining. I'd guess that now that you've answered the second question above, that these below shouldn't be too difficult:
God bless!

God did not find fault with His law, nor the covenant which contained it. The failure of Israel to meet the conditions (commandments) of the covenant eventually led to God to divorce His people, Israel.

This creates an intense theological tension. Was God somehow sadistic in entering into a covenant relationship with a particular ethnic group of people, knowing full well that they could never meet the terms of the covenant which would result in His condemnation of them?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To answer your question, I believe that Jesus Christ has fulfilled all of the Law completely, .

Agreed. Christ perfectly fulfilled the command to not take God's name in vain Ex 20:7.

But that is "prescriptive Law" not "predictive law". So just like the speed limit - as soon as one person goes the speed limit... it is not deleted. So too the fact that Christ did not take God's name in vain - was not some sort of open season for everyone else taking God's name in vain.

1 John 2 "Walk as Jesus walked" as John reminds us.

Upvote 0

Dok Bantis

This Earth Is Not My Home
Oct 27, 2020
Pacific NW
✟12,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a bystander and an admittedly ignorant man, I find this discussion simultaneously fascinating and depressing. As I return to the faith from a time away, I am disheartened to conclude that the Bible, in and of itself, seems to be unable to clearly and unambiguously make its case regarding whether the believer in Christ is or is not to observe a seventh-day sabbath.

The observance of the sabbath was in the OT a significant enough issue for violators to be sentenced to death. It seems to me, in my current state of ignorance, that sabbath is either:
  • still in effect, or
  • has been abrogated in an indirect and unclear way.
What do I mean by indirect and unclear? At no point does the text tell us to no longer observe the seventh-day sabbath; we are left to infer it on our own, thus providing fodder for confusion, strife, and possibly millennia of sin against a commandment if we are wrong in our inference.

That being said, every time I investigate a seventh-day sabbath observant denomination, I find other doctrines added or subtracted as though freedom to return to seventh-day sabbath observance also provides the freedom to change other doctrines.

Is God truly so unable to clearly communicate with us or to preserve his word through the ages? This troubles me deeply.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As a bystander and an admittedly ignorant man, I find this discussion simultaneously fascinating and depressing. As I return to the faith from a time away, I am disheartened to conclude that the Bible, in and of itself, seems to be unable to clearly and unambiguously make its case regarding whether the believer in Christ is or is not to observe a seventh-day sabbath.

The observance of the sabbath was in the OT a significant enough issue for violators to be sentenced to death. It seems to me, in my current state of ignorance, that sabbath is either:
  • still in effect, or
What do I mean by indirect and unclear? At no point does the text tell us to no longer observe the seventh-day sabbath; we are left to infer it on our own, thus providing fodder for confusion, strife, and possibly millennia of sin against a commandment if we are wrong in our inference.

That being said, every time I investigate a seventh-day sabbath observant denomination, I find other doctrines added or subtracted as though freedom to return to seventh-day sabbath observance also provides the freedom to change other doctrines.

Is God truly so unable to clearly communicate with us or to preserve his word through the ages? This troubles me deeply.

To make your life further confused, the Sabbath is actually a miniscule aspect of biblical theology. The primary aspect is God's interactions with mankind. Principally, we see in the Old Testament that God elected a specific nation, Israel, to be His people only. Everyone else was excluded. God made a covenant with Israel containing over 600 unambiguous commandments.

The New Testament, by contrast, turned things quite upside down. Principally, it destroyed the Temple and the elaborate sacrificial system connected with it. In place, a new covenant is offered not to a specific nation, but to all of mankind. No longer is there a necessity for continual offerings for sin in the Temple, but there is, by complete contrast, one and only one offering made for the sins of the world by one Man, Christ Jesus, on the cross of Calvary.

You may wish to read the book of Hebrews for a rich discussion of this dichotomy.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dok Bantis
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

• still in effect, or

No need to be troubled! There is a lot of good news and you are right to investigate what does the Bible say before leaping into a denomination.

I do not feel that God made anything confusing, especially about His seventh-day Sabbath. He actually wrote the commandment with His own finger! The only scripture in the entire Bible written by God are His 10 commandment. The perfect way to show God our love (commandments 1-4) and how to treat each other (commandments 5-10)

Here is the 4th commandment:
Exodus 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Can't get much clearer. The seventh day was always set apart as His Holy day from creation:
Genesis 2:3 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Why the confusion? The confusion is not coming from God. Satan wants to make a counterfeit to everything God created, so a counterfeit day of worship makes sense for these reasons. In the Bible you will not find the first day (Sunday) a day that God sanctified, Blessed, called Holy, a day of rest and He also asked us to Remember.

Jesus and His disciples kept the commandments of God and Sabbath. Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament over 60 times. Here are just a few examples:

And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
- Mark 15:42

And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.
- Luke 6:6

And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath.
- Luke 13:10

And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
- Luke 23:56 (This confirms the commandment in the New Testament)

This also seems pretty clear:
Mark 2:27
And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
Jesus told us the Sabbath was made for all of us.

It's not too hard to find out why the majority worship on the first day, the Catholic church admits they changed the day God asked us to keep Holy from Saturday to the first day Sunday and they admit they did this with no Biblical authority:

Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; —she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the Seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
—Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism; New York in 1857, page 174

So the question is do you follow God or do you follow the traditions of man.

Here is a website that has everything you need to know about the Sabbath What day is the Sabbath and does it matter? | Sabbath Truth

I pray this information helps.

God Bless

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No need to be troubled! There is a lot of good news and you are right to investigate what does the Bible say before leaping into a denomination.

I do not feel that God made anything confusing, especially about His seventh-day Sabbath. He actually wrote the commandment with His own finger! The only scripture in the entire Bible written by God are His 10 commandment. The perfect way to show God our love (commandments 1-4) and how to treat each other (commandments 5-10)

Here is the 4th commandment:
Exodus 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Can't get much clearer. The seventh day was always set apart as His Holy day from creation:
Genesis 2:3 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Why the confusion? The confusion is not coming from God. Satan wants to make a counterfeit to everything God created, so a counterfeit day of worship makes sense for these reasons. In the Bible you will not find the first day (Sunday) a day that God sanctified, Blessed, called Holy, a day of rest and He also asked us to Remember.

Jesus and His disciples kept the commandments of God and Sabbath. Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament over 60 times. Here are just a few examples:

And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
- Mark 15:42

And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.
- Luke 6:6

And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath.
- Luke 13:10

And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
- Luke 23:56 (This confirms the commandment in the New Testament)

This also seems pretty clear:
Mark 2:27
And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
Jesus told us the Sabbath was made for all of us.

It's not too hard to find out why the majority worship on the first day, the Catholic church admits they changed the day God asked us to keep Holy from Saturday to the first day Sunday and they admit they did this with no Biblical authority:

Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; —she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the Seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
—Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism; New York in 1857, page 174

So the question is do you follow God or do you follow the traditions of man.

Here is a website that has everything you need to know about the Sabbath What day is the Sabbath and does it matter? | Sabbath Truth

I pray this information helps.

God Bless

Ah yes, straining out gnats and swallowing camels.

Upvote 0

Dok Bantis

Oct 27, 2020
Pacific NW
✟12,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have what might be a stupid question: since we cannot know which day of the week actually corresponds to the very first Sabbath of God, is it possible that the important thing for humans is for us to have a sabbath after six days of our usual labors?

In other words, the important thing being that we refrain from labor for 1/7th of the week, regardless of the day.

Or do we actually know for certain that the day on which God rested was actually a Saturday? That seems unlikely to me.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have what might be a stupid question: since we cannot know which day of the week actually corresponds to the very first Sabbath of God, is it possible that the important thing for humans is for us to have a sabbath after six days of our usual labors?

In other words, the important thing being that we refrain from labor for 1/7th of the week, regardless of the day.

Or do we actually know for certain that the day on which God rested was actually a Saturday? That seems unlikely to me.

Actually, there are some of (actually, most of us) who rest on two days of the week - Saturday and Sunday - now that the work week is limited to Monday through Friday.

• Informative
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

We actually know for certain which day of the week, the seventh day is the Sabbath just like the Bible tells us. The Sabbath day has never changed from Saturday. The Jews have kept Saturday as Sabbath since the beginning and know the day for Sabbath is Saturday, just as Jesus kept. Jesus rose on the first day of the week (Easter Sunday) but even kept Sabbath in death and rested on Sabbath (seventh day).

Also, God was very specific, He did not say you need a day of rest, He said the seventh day is the Sabbath. From creation He made days 1-6, but the 7th was set aside as His Holy day, His Sabbath.

Exodus
8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Sunday became the tradition after the Catholic churched changed the day and almost all Christian denominations have statements from their earlier founders recognizing Saturday is the Sabbath and there was never any mention of God changing His Holy day from Saturday to Sunday, that is a tradition of man. God says He is unchanging Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Here are a few quotes from various denominations regarding the seventh day Sabbath:

Baptist

There was and is a command to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not Sunday. It will however be readily said, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week, with all its duties, privileges and sanctions. Earnestly desiring information on this subject, which I have studied for many years, I ask, where can the record of such a transaction be found: Not in the New Testament – absolutely not. There is no scriptural evidence of the change of the Sabbath institution from the seventh to the first day of the week.
—Dr. E. T. Hiscox, author of the ‘Baptist Manual’.

Lutheran
The observance of the Lord's Day (Sunday) is founded not on any command of God, but on the authority of the Church." Augsburg Confession of Faith.

They [the Catholics] allege the Sabbath changed into Sunday, the Lord's day, contrary to the Decalogue, as it appears, neither is there any example more boasted of than the changing of the Sabbath day. Great, say they, is the power and authority of the church, since it dispensed with one of the Ten Commandments.
—Augsburg Confession of Faith, Art. 28, par. 9.

Presbyterian
The Christian Sabbath (Sunday) is not in the Scriptures, and was not by the primitive church called the Sabbath.
—Dwight's Theology, Vol. 14, p. 401.

Southern Baptist

The sacred name of the Seventh day is Sabbath. This fact is too clear to require argument [Exodus 20:10 quoted]… on this point the plain teaching of the Word has been admitted in all ages… Not once did the disciples apply the Sabbath law to the first day of the week, -- that folly was left for a later age, nor did they pretend that the first day supplanted the seventh.
—Joseph Hudson Taylor, ‘The Sabbatic Question’, p. 14-17, 41.

Episcopalian

We have made the change from the Seventh day to the first day, from Saturday to Sunday, on the authority of the one holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church of Christ.
—Bishop Symour, Why We keep Sunday.

Brethren
With the views of the law and the Sabbath we once held ... and which are still held by perhaps the great majority of the most earnest Christians, we confess that we could not answer Adventists. What is more, neither before or since have I heard or read what would conclusively answer an Adventist in his Scriptural contention that the Seventh day is the Sabbath (Ex. 20:10). It is not 'one day in seven' as some put it, but 'the Seventh day according to the commandment.'
—Words of Truth and Grace, p. 281.

Methodist
The reason we observe the first day instead of the seventh is based on no positive command. One will search the Scriptures in vain for authority for changing from the Seventh day to the first. The early Christians began to worship on the first day of the week because Jesus rose from the dead on that day. By and by, this day of worship was made also a day of rest, a legal holiday. This took place in the year 321.

The reason we observe the first day instead of the seventh is based on no positive command. One will search the Scriptures in vain for authority for changing from the Seventh day to the first... Our Christian Sabbath, therefore, is not a matter of positive command. It is a gift of the church...
—CLOVIS G. CHAPPELL, Ten Rules for Living, page 61.

These are just a few. All the earlier churches knew the Sabbath is on the seventh day. After the Catholic church changed the tradition and started going church on Sunday, the other denominations followed suit. This was even predicted in the Bible in Daniel 7:25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law.

The Saturday Sabbath is both a time (Saturday) and law (4th commandment)

Almost every language Sabbath means Saturday https://www.sabbathtruth.com/portals/20/documents/chart-of-the-week.pdf

Hasn't the calendar been changed? | Sabbath Truth

The question is do we follow God or the traditions of man. God is our creator and Savior. Only He can forgive our sins, only He offered His life to save us. He asks for so little, keep the day He deemed Holy, not the one that is man made.

Acts 5:29
But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.

Hope this helps.

God Bless

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Icyspark
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Actually, there are some of (actually, most of us) who rest on two days of the week - Saturday and Sunday - now that the work week is limited to Monday through Friday.
It's not just rest, the commandment says to keep the seventh day Sabbath holy.

Exodus 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dok Bantis

Oct 27, 2020
Pacific NW
✟12,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We actually know for certain which day of the week, the seventh day is the Sabbath just like the Bible tells us. The Sabbath day has never changed from Saturday. The Jews have kept Saturday as Sabbath since the beginning and know the day for Sabbath is Saturday, just as Jesus kept. Jesus rose on the first day of the week (Easter Sunday) but even kept Sabbath in death and rested on Sabbath (seventh day).

Also, God was very specific, He did not say you need a day of rest, He said the seventh day is the Sabbath. From creation He made days 1-6, but the 7th was set aside as His Holy day, His Sabbath
My point is that, over the course of five thousand years and at least one switch of calendar systems, in addition to the adding of months (i.e. - July and August) and days here and there as we sought to get the calendar year to synch up more perfectly with the solar year, I find it exceedingly easy to believe that what we today call Saturday, Shabbat, Samstag, Sabado, etc., may not be exactly on the same day as the day called the Sabbath in Genesis.

Since there is only one seventh day of the week per week, it is easy to see that God would say the Sabbath day even if he didn't specifically mean what we today call Saturday.

It may well be that you believe that the day on which God rested was a literal Saturday, but I have trouble believing that and I don't base my faith upon it. Nor do I judge you if that is what you believe.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My point is that, over the course of five thousand years and at least one switch of calendar systems, in addition to the adding of months and days here and there as we sought to get the calendar year to synch up more perfectly with the solar year, I find it exceedingly easy to believe that what we today call Saturday, Shabbat, Samstag, Sabado, etc., etc., we may not be exactly on the same day as the day called the Sabbath in Genesis.

Since there is only one seventh day of the week per week, it is easy to see that God would say the Sabbath day even if he didn't specifically mean what we today call Saturday.

It may well be that you believe that the day on which God rested was a literal Saturday, but I have trouble believing that and I don't base my faith upon it. Nor do I judge you if that is what you believe.
There have been Jews since the Bible days, so feel free to ask any of them, Sabbath is the seventh day Saturday since the beginning. It has never changed.

I already provided a quote from the Roman Catholic church saying they changed the day from Saturday to Sunday and they worship on Sunday, along with the other denominations who openly admit Saturday is the Sabbath, but go to church on Sunday (first day)

I also provided information on how the calendar changes never affected Gods seventh day Saturday Sabbath.

You can choose to believe what you want to but getting the day right is important, its part of Gods laws. I would suggest you pray on it and study for yourself. It's not that hard to find the proof, if its something you want to find.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Dok Bantis

Oct 27, 2020
Pacific NW
✟12,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There have been Jews since the Bible days, so feel free to ask any of them, Sabbath is the seventh day Saturday since the beginning. It has never changed.
I think you may be misinterpreting what I'm saying. I agree that Saturday is the seventh day of the week. What I'm saying is that, over the course of more than five thousand years, a day or two (or more) might have been added or subtracted while massive changes were made to the calendar.

Remember that September should be the seventh month of the year (sept = seven) and October should be the eighth months of the year (oct = eight). The months of July and August (for Julius and Augustus) were added. In addition, days were added here and there in order to get the calendar to match with the solar year.

Additionally, there was quite a long time when no paper calendars were used at all.

And I don't entirely rely upon the calculations of the Jews (who forgot the pronunciation of the four-letter name of God over time, lost the scrolls of the Torah until Ezra restored them, and have forgotten the meanings of many Hebrew words in their own scriptures over the course of millennia).

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think you may be misinterpreting what I'm saying. I agree that Saturday is the seventh day of the week. What I'm saying is that, over the course of more than five thousand years, a day or two (or more) might have been added or subtracted while massive changes were made to the calendar.

Remember that September should be the seventh month of the year (sept = seven) and October should be the eighth months of the year (oct = eight). The months of July and August (for Julius and Augustus) were added. In addition, days were added here and there in order to get the calendar to match with the solar year.

Additionally, there was quite a long time when no paper calendars were used at all.

And I don't entirely rely upon the calculations of the Jews (who forgot the pronunciation of the four-letter name of God over time, lost the scrolls of the Torah until Ezra restored them, and have forgotten the meanings of many Hebrew words in their own scriptures over the course of millennia).

I understood what you were asking and it’s the same answer the seventh day is Saturday and is God’s Holy day.
Hasn't the calendar been changed? | Sabbath Truth

1st Century | Sabbath Through the Centuries | Sabbath Truth

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0