Mississippi
✟248,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Depends on the temptation. For this person (A) alcohol may be a hard temptation to fight where as for another person (B) some kind of sexual temptation may be their problem. Other this may be food.

But really it boils down to prayer, God's grace and discipline. Learning to live in and practice humility

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is your advice about how to resist temptation and live a godly life?

Hebrews 11: 6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

and
1 Cor 13: 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Your problem is that as a budhhist you are not seeking to please God as you donot recognise that Jesus is the only way to God.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It can help me to see how the wrong thing can hurt me and others. I mean, it can interfere with how I could love someone the way God wants.

And trust God to keep me from doing it. And see how God has me loving, instead.

And keep seeking our Heavenly Father to change my character so I am not available to doing wrong things.

Upvote 0