Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Recently we had [so] ...ask the iklepac13 ANYTHING. , Ask Willtor, and Ask FriarTuck. In the same spirit we now have this thread. But don't ask me questions. Tell me what you want to tell me. Maybe it is, "Eat more spinach". Maybe it is, "Quit writing such long posts!". Maybe it is, "You overanalyze things and obsess with details too much". Or maybe it is, "I knew a girl in high school who would love your personality".

Anyway, tell Tim whatever you want to. I will simply listen.

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Irascible said:
How is love achieved through intellect?

Since this is tell Tim and not ask, you may consider that a rhetorical question. :D

What do you have in mind when you say "intellect"? Does it refer to thinking logically? Does it refer to thinking rationally? Does it refer to being inquisitive? Something else?

Just me being an active listener.

Upvote 0

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
LOVEthroughINTELLECT said:
What do you have in mind when you say "intellect"? Does it refer to thinking logically? Does it refer to thinking rationally? Does it refer to being inquisitive? Something else?

Tim I think logically and rationally have the same definition?

Upvote 0

Irascible

garrulous, loquacious, occasionally multiloquent
Dec 4, 2005
SF Bay Area
Visit site
✟10,037.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
LOVEthroughINTELLECT said:

Oh no you don't. I'm not getting sucked into this one. I asked you the meaning behind your name... rhetorically no less. What I have in mind doesn't matter.

Just me defending my sanity. ^_^

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
wildthing said:
Tim I think logically and rationally have the same definition?

I suppose that they are used interchangeably with the same meaning in everyday/common usage.

But--and I could be wrong--I believe that they are two unique concepts in philosophy and the social sciences. Thinking rationally is simply using reason as opposed to emotion. Thinking logically, on the other hand, is thinking according to formal rules. That is the way that I was using the words, anyway.

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This has nothing to do with you. I just thought I'd tell you I don't get nearly as much homework done as I need to on the computer. And considering how much is due at the end of the month for the course I'm finishing, this is not looking good! Man, could I use some more self-discipline. . . . .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tim, I think I need to go to the grocery store. Although Chuck Norris allegedly does all of his grocery shopping at Home Depot, I'm not quite at that level, yet. I think I'll just go to Wegman's.

Maybe I'll get some Wasabe Peas. I love those things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FlatpickingJD

Losing the battle with oxalis
Dec 2, 2005
✟46,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NoCompromise said:
Wasabe peas. I am drawing a blank on that one.

fried peas, covered with a wasabi powder (wasabi is basically a spicy horseradish :thumbsup: :yum: )

Tim - study what you want to study in university and make sure that you pursue graduate study in something you're interested in.

Upvote 0