Tell Me About Your Denomination!

emerald Dragon

Oct 27, 2003
Upstate New York
✟1,562.00
Faith
Mormon
What specifically would you like to know? I can post various things that I believe in, but I would like to know what you would like to know. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, so i would just post beliefs, and try not to get in arguments, as I believe that that is not why you started this thread.

God Bless,
Emerald Dragon

"If any man lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not." James 1:5

Upvote 0

jenjenjeroo

I Love Steven
Jul 29, 2003
Florida
✟197.00
Faith
Christian
emerald Dragon said:
What specifically would you like to know? I can post various things that I believe in, but I would like to know what you would like to know. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, so i would just post beliefs, and try not to get in arguments, as I believe that that is not why you started this thread.

Oh surly not. I don't attend to argue here, I have just been raised Baptist and I am still Young and ready to move out on my own soon and I might be looking for something other than baptist but like I said not saying I want to convert I just want to see what is out there. For example, Baptist do not believe in the speaking in tounges, yet other demos. Do.! Just tell me about your Faith and what dose Christ mean to you in your own word based on your faith. Since you are morman, let me know somethings the book of mornman says. God Bless! And thanks! :cool:

Upvote 0

FBI78

OneNationUnderGod
Feb 2, 2004
Oklahoma
✟8,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well I have been to baptist churches all my life till i was about 18 and my parents started going to this nondenomational church and they fell in love with it basically they could feel the Holy Spirit in it. I joined that church too. Well when i got married my hubby was going to a Baptist bible study and i joined that. Well i love the ppl there too. But now im going back to my nondenomational church. Im a sunday school teacher there for 0-12yrs old. I love it and they do have the gift of tongues in the church for some ppl. I dont do it and its hard for me to get used to still but im getting used to it. I like this nondenomational church it changed my dad big time. He used to loose his temper real easily and take it out on us kids and my mom well everysince he started going to this church he has gotten closer to God and became a minster and his anger is still out there but he doesnt take it out on us anymore. Thats how i can tell this is the denomation for me its shows prove im not saying Baptist doesnt but for us it works. But really we are not a denomation i guess being nondenomational. I know the church does the five fold ministry which im still trying to figure out lol. We do dance around and sing and have a band in our church. Basically the Holy Spirit is more in it. I guess you can say.

Upvote 0

jenjenjeroo

I Love Steven
Jul 29, 2003
Florida
✟197.00
Faith
Christian
FBI78 said:
Well I have been to baptist churches all my life till i was about 18 and my parents started going to this nondenomational church and they fell in love with it basically they could feel the Holy Spirit in it. I joined that church too. Well when i got married my hubby was going to a Baptist bible study and i joined that. Well i love the ppl there too. But now im going back to my nondenomational church. Im a sunday school teacher there for 0-12yrs old. I love it and they do have the gift of tongues in the church for some ppl. I dont do it and its hard for me to get used to still but im getting used to it. I like this nondenomational church it changed my dad big time. He used to loose his temper real easily and take it out on us kids and my mom well everysince he started going to this church he has gotten closer to God and became a minster and his anger is still out there but he doesnt take it out on us anymore. Thats how i can tell this is the denomation for me its shows prove im not saying Baptist doesnt but for us it works. But really we are not a denomation i guess being nondenomational. I know the church does the five fold ministry which im still trying to figure out lol. We do dance around and sing and have a band in our church. Basically the Holy Spirit is more in it. I guess you can say.

I Actually Visted the Nondenom Church with a friend b4! And it's interesting Thanks for sharing. :clap:

Upvote 0

emerald Dragon

Oct 27, 2003
Upstate New York
✟1,562.00
Faith
Mormon
I believe that Christ took upon Him all of mankind's sins in the Garden of Gethsemene, and died on the cross. His was the greatest sacrifice ever made, and I am eternally grateful for that sacrifice. His resurection gave the gift of a resurrection to all humans, and His atonement allows everyone who accpets it and repents the ability to live with God again one day.

The Book of Mormon is a record of a people who left Jerusalem around 600 BC, and sailed across the ocean to the American continents. These people broke into two factions, the Nephites, or the righteous people who followed God and Christ (most of the time),a nd the Lamanites, who broke away from God. It is an account that expresses the nature of Chirst as our Saviour, and tells of His comming to the American continent after His Resurrection, but before His ascension into heaven. It is not the Second Coming, just a time when He visted His people over here. The BoM is a record that testifies to the nature and supremeness of Christ, and all that He has done for us.

I believe in Christ fully, and in God, and am eternally gratefull for all that thye have done for me.

Thank you for listening to me. If you have any more questions, please ask, and I will try to answer them.

God Bless,
Emerald Dragon

Upvote 0

Epiphany

Multiple of the Way
Jan 25, 2004
Sol III, Northern Hemisphere
Visit site
✟436.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
jenjenjeroo said:
I am Baptist, I have been rasied Baptist! But I want to do some exploring and want to know what do other Denominations believe. Not saying I want to change just want to know more about the different ways people believe. Thanks post me some Scripture! God Bless.;)

Hello :wave:

I'm Eastern Orthodox. Orthodoxy is the oldest church. It is very liturgical and traditional. Orthodox church follows the Nicene creed.

We have 7 mysteries (sacraments): Baptism, Chrismation, Confession, Eucharist/Communion, Marriage, Becoming a Priest and Prayer for Healing. Our churches have flat, 2 dimensional icons and a wall called iconostasis with icons of Lord Jesus, Blessed Virgin and saints of the church on them.

We believe in the Real Presence in the Eucharist/Communion and we baptise by triple immersion in the name of the Trinity.

I am a convert to Christianity from Paganism and still learning about my new path. If you have any questions, PM me and I will try to answer. You're welcome to visit the Orthodox section of CF anytime.

Peace and Long Life
~*~ Epiphany ~*~

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,779,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing to remember is that even among denominations there are so many differences. It just depends upon the group of people you happen to be with. For instance, I go to a baptist church. But I can tell you that the baptist church a few miles away thinks our church is way off track. We think they are somewhat misguided. Though we both believe in the basics of Christianity we disagree on many finer points. The same is true in other denominations, including non-denominationals.

So I say worship with the people you are most like-minded with. Look for a church that teaches the Truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

emerald Dragon

Oct 27, 2003
Upstate New York
✟1,562.00
Faith
Mormon
It is true-all denominations that I have encountered(including my own) believe in Christ, and all that He did for us. It is the other things, the ceremonies, the rites and rights of priesthood, the finer points that are all disagreed on. These are what seperates us, but we all have a Faith in Christ and His Sacrifice.

God Bless,
Emerald Dragon

Upvote 0

FBI78

OneNationUnderGod
Feb 2, 2004
Oklahoma
✟8,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
lucypevensie said:
One thing to remember is that even among denominations there are so many differences. It just depends upon the group of people you happen to be with. For instance, I go to a baptist church. But I can tell you that the baptist church a few miles away thinks our church is way off track. We think they are somewhat misguided. Though we both believe in the basics of Christianity we disagree on many finer points. The same is true in other denominations, including non-denominationals.

So I say worship with the people you are most like-minded with. Look for a church that teaches the Truth.
I totally agree with u.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums