Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Church forces out Haggard for 'sexually immoral conduct.'

I found this part rather interesting:
the White House sought to downplay Haggard's influence within the administration:
Spokesman Tony Fratto told reporters Friday that it was inaccurate to portray him as being close to the White House, insisting Haggard was only an occasional participant in weekly conference calls between West Wing staff and leading evangelicals.
"He has been on a couple of calls," Fratto said. "He's been to the White House one or two times."

BearerBob

May 18, 2006
Visit site
✟17,228.00
Faith
Christian
This whole thing is NOT amusing at all! The man was caught in a serious snare of the devil! He gave into the lusts of the flesh and succumbed to his lower nature- instead of identifying with his new nature in Christ. He also failed to be in submission to his peers in the Body of Christ, this is a great tragedy!

He snared himself, just as we all do.

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, we all rail about how gays are evil and then caught buying meth from our prostitutes.

That's the closet for you: it destroys you. I don't feel bad for this guy or his wife at all. I do feel bad that he's contributed to an atmosphere that keeps other people in the closet.

Upvote 0