Tech Exec Fired for Assigned by God Pronoun.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For those who are adamant that your pronouns matter, better not visit any nations outside the progressive western world. If you're caught putting up a hissy fit in a Malaysian hotel for incorrect pronouns usage, you better be ready to get comfortable in our 4x4 rooms. Our boys in blue don't like putting up with nonsense especially foreigner's. Our country welcomes all who are respectful to our social norms. We turn sour fast when you act entitled.
Celebrating authoritarianism? Fascinating.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Someone pointed out above that you seem to not understand this issue very well if you don't know that preferred pronouns are those you wish others to use when addressing you, not what you want to call yourself.

U.S. is at will employment. A company can fire you for any reason they want unless it's explicitly against the law concerning protected classes, of which religion is one, so maybe he'll win his case and get his job back or get a big payday. Either way, it says a lot about who that guy is and the publicity may limit his future employment opportunities.
It says far more about this ideology than it does about this guy. This guy stood firm on his beliefs and refused to compromise. And because they are religious in nature the fact that the company was willing to bend to the will of the snowflake activists says a lot about the company. And none of it's good.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Offends me? Where did you get that idea from? The fact people will be inconsistent and irrational in the way they define terms is just part of human nature, not something to get offended by.
Thats the point of the left. And did you notice who was offended? It was the LGBTQ folks. The Christian wasn't offended, he was simply trying to figure out how he could hold on to his values without compromising what the left wanted him to do.

It's the left that's always offended on this issue. We just want facts and accuracy. This whole gender identity is a plea for irrationality and delusion. Nothing to be offended by. If you want your pronouns to be vey vim be my guest. I feel bad for you.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Celebrating authoritarianism? Fascinating.

People like you have little to any understanding what true authoritarianism is. To you anything that doesn't comply to your personal entitlements is consider dictatorship. Ironic because it is people like you that forces their agenda on others to comply.

For your knowledge all nations on earth have some form of social harmony law. If you disturb the general public with things like temper tantrum, you'll be hulled up by the police. This kind of laws are even in the US. Unlike the rest of the world, the US seldom enforces such laws because their too scared to offend the vocal minority.

Start acting belligerent like the example below and see how many nations will put up with your antics. Your pronouns don't entitle you to be above the law.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
People like you
Oh? People like me? Tell me aaaaalll about myself. This should be fascinating.
have little to any understanding what true authoritarianism is.
I'm a Gen Xer who lived in the Shah's Iran and visited Yugoslavia. I'm plenty familiar with authoritarian regimes.
To you anything that doesn't comply to your personal entitlements is consider dictatorship.
You folks write the dumbest fan fiction.
Ironic because it is people like you that forces their agenda on others to comply.
What "agenda" have I forced anyone to comply with?
For your knowledge all nations on earth have some form of social harmony law. If you disturb the general public with things like temper tantrum, you'll be hulled up by the police. This kind of laws are even in the US. Unlike the rest of the world, the US seldom enforces such laws because their too scared to offend the vocal minority.

Start acting belligerent like the example below and see how many nations will put up with your antics. Your pronouns don't entitle you to be above the law.

You're screaming at a figment of your imagination instead of having a conversation with me.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,954.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I have to ask: has anyone ever encountered this stuff in real life? Has anyone here been asked for their pronouns or had people tell them their preferred pronouns?

I'm honestly curious. I have never had this happen to me in a face to face interaction, neither in work nor with friends.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I have to ask: has anyone ever encountered this stuff in real life? Has anyone here been asked for their pronouns or had people tell them their preferred pronouns?

I'm honestly curious. I have never had this happen to me in a face to face interaction, neither in work nor with friends.
Only once. A barista at my coffee shop was transiting and listed their preferred pronouns on their name tags.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Only once, and I had to remind them that I don't know their pronouns until they tell me. And that I have to work at changing my cultural programming to use their new pronoun (them).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Never face-to-face, at least not so explicitly. An acquaintance transitioned a few years back, and I was unaware until I asked why she was in the women's field at an amateur bike race, the only visual change at that point being that she was wearing lipstick. At which point I was informed that she was a she now, and that was the end of it (and for those up in arms about trans athletes in women's sports, she has a neurodegenerative disorder of some sort - I've never asked which one specifically - and places dead last in almost every race).

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,954.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Never face-to-face, at least not so explicitly. An acquaintance transitioned a few years back, and I was unaware until I asked why she was in the women's field at an amateur bike race, the only visual change at that point being that she was wearing lipstick. At which point I was informed that she was a she now, and that was the end of it (and for those up in arms about trans athletes in women's sports, she has a neurodegenerative disorder of some sort - I've never asked which one specifically - and places dead last in almost every race).
Kudos on her for still participating.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I tend to be skeptical of the Blaze's propensity for selective reporting and leaving out certain details...

However, if everything in there is true...it would seem as if all of that "you must use a person's pronouns" and "pronouns can change with fluidity so you have to use the one someone wants regardless of whether or not you feel it's ridiculous" stuff we heard about was a one-way ideological imposition that never had any intention of showing reciprocity.

I found another article about it that's "non-Blaze"

It appears to be from an tech industry publication (it's not one I'm terribly familiar with, so I can make no claim for their reliability as a source)

For those who are adamant that your pronouns matter, better not visit any nations outside the progressive western world. If you're caught putting up a hissy fit in a Malaysian hotel for incorrect pronouns usage, you better be ready to get comfortable in our 4x4 rooms. Our boys in blue don't like putting up with nonsense especially foreigner's. Our country welcomes all who are respectful to our social norms. We turn sour fast when you act entitled.
Yeah, I don't know that'd I'd be advocating for that route either.

I'll continue to occupy the rational middle ground where I can accurately identify that people demanding to be referred to as things like "Ze/Zir" and claiming 'that's who I am', (despite it being made up in 2013), 'but it could change next week so you have to routinely ask me about my pronouns' is ludicrous imposition that I have no intention of going along with... but without having to go to the opposite extreme of advocating locking people up for it.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since pronouns are made up I think it is well his rights to use "God" for his. Whether it is a form of protest or trolling the company has no right to determine what pronouns are acceptable or no. At least not when we have grammatical disasters like they/them in reference to a singular individual or Zer which isn't even a proper universally accepted English word.

The company should have just not get involved in such frivolous endeavor to start with. Just say address your colleague respectfully. They know for well that doing this pronoun exercise will have political connotation, yet chose to step on it. I can't imagine being management and instead of trying to maximize productivity for the company choose to virtue signal. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Yeah, I'm sure the Saudis get smacked down hard when they act entitled.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"faith-based preferred pronouns"

LOL

Like, the dude literally just had to put "He/Him." I mean aren't those his preferred pronouns?

I work for a company that asked me what my pronouns were. I haven't filled anything out because I don't care, but I'm not going to actively try and troll people about it, lol. I guess we'll see if there's any "heat" coming my way. Going on about 2 years now since it became a thing.
The way it reads is Chad is not comfortable with being referred to as he/him as those are not Chad's preferred pronouns. Chad did not feel "assigned by God" fit the offered pronouns, so "assigned by God" choose to pick a label instead of a pronoun. Guess we will see what happens with the lawsuit.

And as you can see in the above post, what Chad chose is cumbersome. If "assigned by God" wanted to use the pronoun actually assigned by God, Chad would have chosen he/him, but that is not what "assigned by God" wanted to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No, nowhere in real life. Not my job, my friends, or family has ever asked me about pronouns or my sex life. Most the time we see this type of stuff, IMO, when someone sees a paycheck in their future (yes, I am talking about both sides of the fence). Rarely, it is really for principle, but that seems to be the minority.

This one is especially odd because out of the blue, this person decides they no longer wish to go by the pronouns they have been going by their entire life just because someone finally asked them their preference. They were not asked to pick from a selection that altered their self-perception, violated their religion or their entire history. They were asked to write down what they had been called their entire life, up to that point.

That just reeks of expecting a paycheck (court settlement) to me or this story simply being made up.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, nowhere in real life. Not my job, my friends, or family has ever asked me about pronouns or my sex life. Most the time we see this type of stuff, IMO, when someone sees a paycheck in their future (yes, I am talking about both sides of the fence). Rarely, it is really for principle, but that seems to be the minority.

This one is especially odd because out of the blue, this person decides they no longer wish to go by the pronouns they have been going by their entire life just because someone finally asked them their preference. They were not asked to pick from a selection that altered their self-perception, violated their religion or their entire history. They were asked to write down what they had been called their entire life, up to that point.

That just reeks of expecting a paycheck (court settlement) to me or this story simply being made up.

Certainly there are some who are seeking out money...but in some of the cases, I think the imposition itself becomes the goal. (likely for narcissistic reasons)

I have a strong hunch that "making people do something they don't want to do" gives certain people a sense of power and control.

Evidence of that would be how rapidly the goalposts were shifting on the social justice debates (particularly the pronouns one)...and no matter how much people were willing to concede, and no matter how much of an effort they made, there was always some reason why it wasn't good enough, or why they still needed to "be educated".

In the course of 5 years it went from:
"He's can change to She's, you need to comply and call the what they want"
(so a lot of people complied)
Then it was
"Well, you need to also use they/them if that's a persons preferred pronoun"
(so some people complied)
Then onto
"Well, there's these other ones like ze/zir that were invented in 2013, so if some people prefer that, that's what you need to refer to them as"
Then when people said "okay, if that's their preferred pronouns, I'll go along with it", it morphed into "well, a person's preferred pronouns can change with regular fluidity, so you need to regularly check in with people and ask what their preferred pronouns are"
Then when people (still desperately trying to maintain their ally card) said "Okay, I'll do it and regularly ask what their preferred pronouns are"...
It turned into "well, saying preferred pronouns is actually a microaggression because that implies that it's something they change arbitrarily, when it fact, that's who they are, you need to educate yourself"

By that point, it was abundantly clear that it was less about fighting for marginalized groups, and more about just imposing one's will on other people to lord over them and get their jollies from being able to claim they're more "socially aware" than everyone else.

I know, am friends with, and work with gay & trans people, they'll be the first to tell you that it can be kinda "cringe" with regards to what a bunch of straight white college kids (who identify as non-binary for the street cred) do in the name of defending them.

I've cited my cousin before, he's a biological male who sleeps with a lot of females but identifies as "non-binary". He comes from a household that has money (thus the reason he's able to attend Baldwin Wallace college on my uncle's dime), yet presents himself as being from a "marginalized group" and talks down to everyone on the basis that "they just need to educated themselves". Yet, objectively speaking, he's just a straight white male with money. It's obnoxious.

Progressives could rack up a big "win", simply by acknowledging how stupid some of this stuff is and distancing themselves from it. There's a lot of things (in principle) that I agree with progressives on ranging from climate to economics to guns...but as long as they're going to bend a knee to woke college kids (who are clearly doing it "for the likes"), then they're not going to get my vote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'll continue to occupy the rational middle ground where I can accurately identify that people demanding to be referred to as things like "Ze/Zir" and claiming 'that's who I am', (despite it being made up in 2013), 'but it could change next week so you have to routinely ask me about my pronouns' is ludicrous imposition that I have no intention of going along with... but without having to go to the opposite extreme of advocating locking people up for it.

I think you misread my comment. It is not I demand them to be locked up, but my country has laws (like all countries) that protects social harmony. It doesn't matter what your tantrum is about (pronouns or other perceived entitlements), so long you run afoul of our public peace & sentiments the police is going to lock you up. It maybe a few hours or a few days, depends on the severity of your OWN actions.

As the western pronoun conscious people are more likely to blow a fuse (just look up Youtube), it is my warning that you should avoid coming to non-western style progressive nations. Many nations especially in my region prefer social peace and tranquility over belligerency. So to people like the pronoun matters group - do not think you can extend that self-righteous, in-your-face, commanding and demanding attitude in my nation.

Your rights end when ours' begin!

This is just common human decency and respect. I have been to many nations with vastly different social norms. And I can proudly say never once have I wear off my welcome. I respect each and every nation I have the privilege to be let into. Never have I ever let my own norms and believes be imposed upon the nation I visited even when there are aspects of the local social norms I find nonsensical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0