Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Is anyone who calls themselves an atheist "past the point of no return"?

Exodus 9:12 But the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he did not listen to them, as the LORD had spoken to Moses.
2 Thessalonians 2:11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false,
2 Thessalonians 2:12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Exodus 9:12 But the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he did not listen to them, as the LORD had spoken to Moses.
2 Thessalonians 2:11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false,
2 Thessalonians 2:12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Past the "point of no return" of what? At 75 years old I am past the point of no return to lots of things, such as past the point of no return to the days when my golf handicap was eight, or past the point of no return to the days when I could climb up a very high ladder without getting dizzy. What point of no return have you in mind?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Past the "point of no return" of what? At 75 years old I am past the point of no return to lots of things, such as past the point of no return to the days when my golf handicap was eight, or past the point of no return to the days when I could climb up a very high ladder without getting dizzy. What point of no return have you in mind?

Able to be saved, as per the verses. Should not be that difficult to see what I am saying.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im thinking, no, and that Atheists can repent, at least as a whole.

The strong delusion could be imposed on some Atheists, but unless the bible says specifically that the Atheist will receive strong delusion, I think God reserves that action for just the groups he specifies.

But even if it were so, and that means all Atheists, all the time, the bible says, "strong delusuon", not completely impregnable. Meaning It is still possible to break through it.

It's like the homosexual, and we know they were biblically sent strong delusion, yet some have broken through, and changed their ways.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Able to be saved, as per the verses. Should not be that difficult to see what I am saying.
Yes, I know what you are saying, but why should I listen to you saying I am living in a delusion when you have nothing to show me that it is not you who is living in a delusion? Perhaps you might like to give me proof that you are not living in a delusion? Proof mind you, not a claim.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes, I know what you are saying, but why should I listen to you saying I am living in a delusion when you have nothing to show me that it is not you who is living in a delusion? Perhaps you might like to give me proof that you are not living in a delusion? Proof mind you, not a claim.

Sure. First prove you exist.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Prove I exist? Silly question.
You are claiming that my nonbelief is delusory. OK, your bible says so, but that doesn't make it so. It needs to back it up with proof. Your idea of proof might be, "it says so in the bible", but that doesn't cut it for me.

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Now you're just wasting our time.
I think you might be in the wrong forum. If you want to ask snarky questions about atheists, rather than of them, there is a forum for Christians to discuss apologetics with each other.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

I know exactly what you're saying.

You woke up this morning feeling exceptionally self-righteous and decided to come to CF and bait an atheist.

OB

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Prove I exist? Silly question.
You are claiming that my nonbelief is delusory. OK, your bible says so, but that doesn't make it so. It needs to back it up with proof. Your idea of proof might be, "it says so in the bible", but that doesn't cut it for me.

1. Very very few things have actual proof behind them.
2. There is no such thing as "proof for you but not for me" as it defeats the purpose of what proof actually means.

I think it is just as silly to say I need proof to show God exists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Now you're just wasting our time.
I think you might be in the wrong forum. If you want to ask snarky questions about atheists, rather than of them, there is a forum for Christians to discuss apologetics with each other.

The inquiry is open to Christians and Atheists.

Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I know exactly what you're saying.

You woke up this morning feeling exceptionally self-righteous and decided to come to CF and bait an atheist.

OB

Self-righteous isn't the right word here. Try snarky instead.

Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think it is just as silly to say I need proof to show God exists.

Well, then you've answered your own question. I am past the point of no return. Or more accurately, since I have never been a believer at any point in my life, I'm simply at "the point", and have never been anywhere else.

I don't just believe things a propos of nothing whatsoever, you see. If you can't even be bothered to substantiate your own assertions, then I guess we're done.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Self-righteous isn't the right word here. Try snarky instead.

OK - if you insist, I'll rephrase:

You woke up this morning feeling exceptionally snarky and decided to come to CF and bait an atheist.

OB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private

No. I'm still quite open. Bring it. What'za got to change my mind? I asked for Him directly to come into my life for over three decades, and I perceived no contact. Maybe He is instead sending you to do His work for Him?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Why is that? Is God's existence obvious and apparent to all?

You don't have proof for lots of things you believe. You don't need 100% certainty to believe something.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well, then you've answered your own question. I am past the point of no return. Or more accurately, since I have never been a believer at any point in my life, I'm simply at "the point", and have never been anywhere else.

I don't just believe things a propos of nothing whatsoever, you see. If you can't even be bothered to substantiate your own assertions, then I guess we're done.

Then why are you on a Christian forum?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No. I'm still quite open. Bring it. What'za got to change my mind? I asked for Him directly to come into my life for over three decades, and I perceived no contact. Maybe He is instead sending you to do His work for Him?

Not everyone has a mountain high spiritual experience when they get saved. A lot of what you ask God depends on your attitude, not on his.

Did you ever bother to look up something like, "How do I know I am saved?" There is plenty of material on the subject.

It sounds cliche, but let me quote one of our late presidents here: "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." More or less the same applies to bringing your prayers to God.

Philippians 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I can't "convince" you Christianity is true. It's the role of the Holy Spirit to do that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Then why are you on a Christian forum?
@Eight Foot Manchild will have his own answer.

Since Christians represent an existential threat to many of the things I value, I need to better understand them. This varies - some Christians are more problematic than others.

I'm also fascinated by a mindset which believes in the existence of something for which, in my opinion, there is no reasonable evidence.

OB

Upvote 0