US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Can we sin and be in Jesus? Sure, James says we all stumble in many ways. It's what you do about the stumbling that counts imo.

Yahshua doesn't stumble.

(CLV) 1Jn 2:6
he who is saying that he is remaining in Him ought also himself to be walking according as He walks.

We don't stumble in him. When we stumble; we stumble out of him. We stumble off the path that leads to the mark. We are missing the mark. We are off the target, strayed from the right direction.

I would suggest reading the gospel of Ezekiel 18.

In summary, if the sinner repents; all of his sins will be forgotten. He will live.

Conversely, if the righteous man sins; all of his righteous deeds will be forgotten. He will die.

Hopefully this man will repent as soon as possible.

Yah can take us at any time. I pray that I'm in Yahshua when that time comes for me.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That's cool, I'll ask a slightly different question:

Are you saying that prior to the cross, an Israelite who truly repented wasn't obligated by the law of Moses to kill any animals?

You would do well the read this potion of my study: YHWH's Table (Part 5)

This post will be useful too: Blood Sacrifice

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What is the meaning of it? Probably some kind of cleanliness ritual.

Why are there cleanliness rituals in the law? I don't know. Sometimes they seem to have health benefits we can identify today, sometimes they just seem to be about keeping the Israelites separate from other nations.

(CLV) Lv 12:6
When the days of her cleansing are full, for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring a year-old he-lamb as an ascent offering and a dove squab or a turtledove as a sin offering to the priest at the opening of the tent of appointment.

Sin?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yahshua doesn't stumble.

he who is saying that he is remaining in Him ought also himself to be walking according as He walks.

We don't stumble in him. When we stumble; we stumble out of him. We stumble off the path that leads to the mark. We are missing the mark. We are off the target, strayed from the right direction.

In summary, if the sinner repents; all of his sins will be forgotten. He will live.

Conversely, if the righteous man sins; all of his righteous deeds will be forgotten. He will die.

Yah can take us at any time. I pray that I'm in Yahshua when that time comes for me.
I was thinking in the sense of: By one Spirit we were all baptized into one body.

I don't think we get baptized into the body, fall back out, get baptized back in, etc.

But definitely, we all waiver on and off the path.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would do well the read this potion of my study: YHWH's Table (Part 5)

This post will be useful too: Blood Sacrifice
I found this:
(CLV) Lv 5:8
He will bring them to the priest who will bring near the one for the sin offering first. The priest will pinch off its head toward its nape yet shall not separate it.
So, yes... an Israelite back then was required to confess (I assume repentance is in there) and kill an animal (technically, the priest kills it).

Is it different today? Is this requirement no longer in effect?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(CLV) Lv 12:6
When the days of her cleansing are full, for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring a year-old he-lamb as an ascent offering and a dove squab or a turtledove as a sin offering to the priest at the opening of the tent of appointment.

Sin?
Yes, she's required to bring an offering because she's under the law. Why it's called a sin offering, I don't know.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, she's required to bring an offering because she's under the law. Why it's called a sin offering, I don't know.
Because she was defiled due to the fall in Eden. The uncleanness of a woman's issue was a result of sin. Jesus took care of this.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yahshua doesn't stumble.

Me too! Have faith!

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, there is no sin in Jesus.

Can we sin and be in Jesus? Sure, James says we all stumble in many ways. It's what you do about the stumbling that counts imo.

I think a better translation is Sin is lawlessness or Sin is rebellion.

I'm certainly not advocating lawlessness or rebellion.
James says what?
There is a difference between stumbling and sinning. One is on purpose and one is stumbling; not something set out to do.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because she was defiled due to the fall in Eden. The uncleanness of a woman's issue was a result of sin. Jesus took care of this.
Okay... that would be why it was called a sin offering. The woman had to make the offering because she was under the law. Christian women today do not have to do that because they are not under the law.

Jesus was born under the law, we are not under the law.

Being under the law, then, doesn't mean being under the condemnation of the law, it means having to do things like make that sin offering.

That was what I was getting at earlier in this thread.

Peace, my man! :handfist:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James says what?
There is a difference between stumbling and sinning. One is on purpose and one is stumbling; not something set out to do.
Well, Paul uses the same word to refer to what Israel did, which was certainly more than accidental mistakes (Romans 11).

Thayer talks about it in terms of sin:
Strong's Greek: 4417. πταίω (ptaió) -- to cause to stumble, to stumble

They probably didn't wake up in the morning and say
I'm going to be divisive.

But they maintained certain attitudes and approaches that led to being divisive. That's because they were growing in Christ, something we all do.

Paul speaks of them later on as having been all baptized by one spirit into one body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Being under the law, then, doesn't mean being under the condemnation of the law, it means having to do things like make that sin offering.

UNDER THE LAW!

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, Paul uses the same word to refer to what Israel did, which was certainly more than accidental mistakes (Romans 11).

Thayer talks about it in terms of sin:
Strong's Greek: 4417. πταίω (ptaió) -- to cause to stumble, to stumble

They probably didn't wake up in the morning and say
I'm going to be divisive.

But they maintained certain attitudes and approaches that led to being divisive. That's because they were growing in Christ, something we all do.

Paul speaks of them later on as having been all baptized by one spirit into one body.
The context in James 3 is teaching and the heavy liability one takes upon themselves being one.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting thread.

The first thing I noticed is that the OP starts with Romans 3:19. That uses different wording in Greek than Under the law in Galatians
Because in the Greek it does not say under the law
Okay... that would be why it was called a sin offering. The woman had to make the offering because she was under the law. Christian women today do not have to do that because they are not under the law.

That was what I was getting at earlier in this thread.

Peace, my man! :handfist:
Please remember the crux of our conversation is what laws, what part of the word is in our hearts through Christ through the new covenant.

s
With that how shall we understand Galatians statement of is not being under the Law in verse 3:23? Context is that it was our teacher, our schoolmaster. And we were under this school master until the Faith came and that we are ALL children of God through THE faith in Christ Jesus. For we have put on Christ and are all one in Christ.

And all this is being stated in context to Galatians 2:20.

For we are dead but we live. Yet not us but CHRIST LIVES in us. And the life we now live in the flesh we live by the FAITH of SON of GOD who gave himself for us.

So what is the Faith of Christ in which we now live by?

Romans 10:6-8 gives us the answer.

Say not in your heart, bring Christ down from above or up from the deep. But say, the word (Christ) is nigh to us. In our hearts and in our mouths. THAT is the Word of Faith in which we preach. His Law in our hearts and minds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes and no, imo. It can be translated that way. But it's just good to be aware that it's different learning in the original, again imo.
We disagree. It is the Same writer through the Spirit. If he meant under he would of used the Greek word ὑπό like he did repeatedly in Galatians To be in is not the same as to be under.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please remember the crux of our conversation is what laws, what part of the word is in our hearts through Christ through the new covenant.

s
With that how shall we understand Galatians statement of is not being under the Law in verse 3:23? Context is that it was our teacher, our schoolmaster. And we were under this school master until the Faith came and that we are ALL children of God through THE faith in Christ Jesus. For we have put on Christ and are all one in Christ.

And all this is being stated in context to Galatians 2:20.

For we are dead but we live. Yet not us but CHRIST LIVES in us. And the life we now live in the flesh we live by the FAITH of SON of GOD who gave himself for us.

So what is the Faith of Christ in which we now live by?

Romans 10:6-8 gives us the answer.

Say not in your heart, bring Christ down from above or up from the deep. But say, the word (Christ) is nigh to us. In our hearts and in our mouths. THAT is the Word of Faith in which we preach. His Law in our hearts and minds.
One of the main things we tend to discuss in the larger sense is which laws are for today, Yes.

But in this thread, your post to me (#87) is a response to my post to @HARK! (#86). If you track that back, it basically starts at my post #63 here:
Teach Them to Be Keeping ALL.

But sure, I agree that God writes his word and law in our hearts. That's not the letters of the entire Bible, of course. We often have to open up an external Bible and read, we can't just look to see what letters are written on our heart.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We disagree. It is the Same writer through the Spirit. If he meant under he would of used the Greek word ὑπό like he did repeatedly in Galatians To be in is not the same as to be under.
For a literal translation, you are correct. But many paraphrases use Under to communicate the meaning of the passage in English.

Romans 3:19 - Bible Gateway

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,209.00
Country
United States
Faith